Onslaught Ogre List - Sean

Go down

Onslaught Ogre List - Sean

Post  Kal on Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Okay guys, i will be fine tuning this list until the event, when do we have to submit lists anyways? Do we even? Now i have other figs and am torn between the Great Weapon Iron Gut Block running solo and a block of Iron Fist Tribesmen running solo. The Iron fists have parry and could prolong combat but the great weapons might beable to actually win combats on their own.

Honestly i neutered the characters and units a little to fit in the giant/frost guy. Not sure if its a good choice, the Frost Mammoth gives a 9" bubble of -3 agi, which allows the Tribesmen and Giant to actually get some hits off in combat. Not as useful for the Great Weapons i added but idk.

General
Shaman: = 625pts
Wizard Master, Shamanism
Iron Fist and Light Armour
Ritual Bloodletter, Death Cheater, Rod of Battle
*with 5 strength 4 attacks that add more veil tokens i think this guy could help get some spells off, i prefer him with a wrestlers belt for str 5 but at 70pts i had to trim it. I ran a cheaper version of this guy at the last tourney he clocked in at under 400 and still had 4 spells. just way less offensive, but that list also had a Great Khan to pick up the melee slack

BSB
Khan = 450pts
Iron Fist, Heavy armour
Heart Ripper, Banner of the Great Sky
Trolleater
**Made some changes to this guy, with the heart ripper he will always hit on 3's and the Killing Blow and Extra AP will help him crack some tougher opponents, but that is an extra 100 points for that and the swiftstride banner, not sure if that is totally worth it.

Tribesman X7 = 535pts
Champion, Standard, Iron Fists
Rending Banner.
**Bunker for the two characters, the parry will keep them alive and a buff or two this turns into a nasty block with AP2

Bruisers X9 =690pts
Standard, Great Weapons
**this is the new unit i'm still building, never used them yet and they are quite pricey, but with 18 str 6 attacks, if i get a +1 to hit Rod of Battle or Battle Focus spell off this could be a mean little unit. Don't like great weapons on units that should get the charge for impacts because i feel the +1 agi is wasted. *This unit was MVP and i need them

Tusker Cavalry X4 = 690pts
Paired Weapons, Standard Bearer, Banner of the Gyengget (rerolling 1's)
**never realized this unit was the same cost as the Bruisers, it puts out 16x Str 4 attacks, and 16x Str 5 attacks, with 4D3 impacts and stomps at a better save. Would love to have great weapons on them for the extra cracking armour but i modeled them with Iron Fists back when they could take them.

Bombardiers X6 = 464pts
Musician
**Added Musicians

Bombardiers X6 = 464pts
Musician
**MORE

Bombardiers x3 = 210
*kept poking around with chaff units and maybe using 3 Ironguts as a chaff unit but then i figured why not MORE shooty units, still have 3 attacks each and d6 shots each with a stand and shoot.

Slave Giant = 290pts
Iron Fists
**since he is on foot he does gain the Parry, honestly getting this guy into an infantry block i really saw what he could do, with 6 attacks and he took 2 wounds he slammed out 8 attacks and an Impact hit and d6 stomp. With the Frost Mammoth near by he could even hit first at Agi 4 on the charge.

Scrappling Trappers x5 = 80pts
*i have a feeling these guys will cost me more games then they will win, if i dropped these and some items on the BSB i'd have 180 points cleaned up. which is enough for a Kin Eater...

Let me know what you guys think. I'll paint up the 9 Bruisers anyways because i gotta test. I do have a Scrapapult, 4 more Bombardiers, some more Tribesmen, Scrappling Trappers. and more characters.

Last edited by Kal on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Onslaught Ogre List - Sean

Post  nathanr on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Can the bombardiers be in 3 units of 4 instead? Or 4 units of 3? I feel like it would give you a better lineup with more options and if you lose 1 or 2 units you donít suddenly have zero shooting.

Or do 2 units of 4 and use the leftover points to do the things you wanted to.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:04 pm

I like the idea of units of 4, the only issue i had with that is they'd panic as soon as they lost 1 model. and at Discipline 7 they usually panic. That is the other issue, Discipline 8 general. i could pump him to 9 with that fancy crown but then he is even MORE expensive. You are limited to 3 units of bombadiers (or you were in previous editions) so i couldn't take 4 units of 3. i will 100% be going back and trying the list with those ideas so thxNathan,

Side note 6 ogre shooters are still Ogres in close combat. i have had them semi successfully fight off units... altho i have also had a unit of 6 panic and run away like cowards. and agianst you i over estimated your general because i had zero idea what he did / could do and shouldn't have fled with the first unit in our game. But never fought empire much or read the book. so my own fault.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Yeah i'm limited to three units

But breaking them into three units of 4x gives me an extra 24 points. and that is a big deal. Nice catch Nathan, revamping this and will have to test.

Could save another 20 points by dropping paired weapons on the Tuskar, its only 4x strength 4 attacks for the 20 points. giving me 45 points to play with which is some armour or an item on the BSB. or a champ for the Bruisers... Could go Dragon Staff and a Crossbow on the BSB. i like the Dragon Staff to much and always bring it, but 2d6 str 3 isnt that good ...
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:53 pm

I'd suggest dropping the bombardiers down to 2 blocks of 4, drop the giant and go with the stonehorn?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:24 am

Made changes, this is 100% my final list. I'm already half painted the 9 Iron Guts and built the 3 extra Bombardiers just gotta prime and paint more more more... new CoD comes out this weekend so my productivity will go down.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:44 am

Looks mean Sean. I like it.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:52 pm

I'm probably going to regret this but....what is CoD?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:39 am

Call of duty.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:41 am

No regerts Carson!

Thanks Nathan, almost done the base coat on the Iron Guts. going to wash and base them tonight. Went with light grey and light blue pants washed in the Draken blue wash. came out okay, would have prefered darker i think
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down