Steam Tank Misfires

Go down

Steam Tank Misfires

Post  nathanr on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:25 am

Hey guys, so misfiring with a steam tank, how does that work?

I'm really good at rolling natural 1's to hit and on the misfire chart. The rules say that when that happens you can't use the weapon anymore. If that happens does that mean I can't do the breath attack in combat anymore too? The breath attack isn't necessarily tied to the cannon in the profile but that's how I envision it working.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Steam Tank Misfires

Post  Kal on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:16 am

I'd assume it would be specifically that weapon that cant fire again... but some guy names Hillbilly Carl asked the question on the 9th age forum... at the same time you did... using the same words you did... so he should get the answer Wink

Altho if the thunder cannon misfires it cant volley fire... but that is literally the same weapon. Unless we only assume the steam tank isnt the "same weapon" because its modeled with a cannon and a turret.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:57 am

Kal wrote:some guy names Hillbilly Carl asked the question on the 9th age forum... at the same time you did... using the same words you did... so he should get the answer Wink

I wonder who that could be... scratch Whoever they are I'm sure they must be very smart and good-looking.

The cannon on the steam tank can fire in two different ways so I'm assuming that both options are lost when I misfire with a 1 or 2 on the chart. The tank also has a breath attack that can be used in combat but that isn't explicitly tied to the cannon so maybe I can still use that?
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:45 pm

Probably a super cool dude who plays with even cooler handsomer guys Wink

That makes sense to me Nathan. The breath attack does seem like it would be separate and still be usable but the attacks tied to the cannon wouldnt be... atleast that is my opinion. The 9th age guru's will know
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:35 pm

I only see one Steam cannon listed in profile. The breath is just a different way to shoot same weapon - like grapeshot.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:13 pm

squalie wrote:I only see one Steam cannon listed in profile.  The breath is just a different way to shoot same weapon - like grapeshot.

You are right in that there is only one steam cannon listed. I had thought that there were two ways to shoot it but that's just the regular cannon and has nothing to do with the steam tank. The steam cannon on the tank has just the one way to shoot. The breath attack isn't listed as the cannon though. It's a separate entry. Maybe it's just venting the hot steam from the engine and has nothing to do with the gun. I'm fine not using it if that's what people decide though, it usually doesn't do anything anyway.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:43 pm

I'd like to hear what the 9th age forum has to say about it.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:44 pm

Yeah no one has responded on the 9th forum. I liked the post now
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:11 am

You got an answer

"Misfire 1-2 is : The model cannot shoot anymore with the weapon for the rest of the game.

So you lose only your canon not the whole tank.

And I do not see any rule stating the breath attack would be affected by the canon misfiring."
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:17 am

nathanr wrote:

.  I'm fine not using it if that's what people decide though, it usually doesn't do anything anyway.

Ya that! Don't use the tank at all 😁
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down