Carson wrote:nope

†You got my list, correct?

Also, who and how do I pay?
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Registration open for September!

Post  Carson on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:24 pm

got your list, you can pay at the show or etransfer me the money at carsongallant@live.ca

Not to be a dick......Ok...to be a dick....I have to point out that all of the questions everyone has asked about the tournament are on the website!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:14 pm

bit of an update or re-format for the web site.......just trying to get a better layout for next year.

https://raveninghordessask.wixsite.com/warontheplains

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:14 pm

I have been away from you guys for a long time. Regrettably I am missing two events this weekend, including yours. I hope itís a great time! When I see you gents in October, be sure to ask me about how we can get this event into a North American circuit next year.
Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:35 pm

That Sounds like a plan, will do!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:56 pm

Just a couple sleeps away from a great day of gaming. Can't wait!

Some important information to keep in mind..........I'm going to be running a tight schedule regarding time. We need to be up and going by 9 at the latest. This means that every player needs to have their army ready to deploy by 845 at the latest.

I'll see everyone bright and early Sat!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Leaving Moose Jaw @6am. Army will be ranked up and I should be good to go!
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:26 pm

Andre, want me to bring by my tabletop and terrain tomorrow sometime?
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:43 am

Sure I will be setting up tables tonight. Anytime after 7 works
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:10 am

Mhael wrote:Sure I will be setting up tables tonight. Anytime after 7 works

I canít recall - do I need to bring anything? (Sorry)
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:32 pm

squalie wrote:

†I canít recall - do I need to bring anything? (Sorry)

Ditto / is anything needed
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:40 pm

squalie wrote:

†I canít recall - do I need to bring anything? (Sorry)

Iím bringing a folding mat and terrain just in case...
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:58 pm

Yes Don. If you can bring a mat with terrain and Nathan R the same we are set. I have all the tables organized
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:11 pm

Great day today LOTS of death and destruction today. Once again thank you Carson for running a great event.
GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:17 am

Was definitely a great event, thanks Carson and Andre for hosting / organizing. Always worth the drive
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Lots of funf

Luv playing games and hanging out.

Gotta retool my army for Onslaught.

Congrats to Nathan, Geoff, Johnny and Pete.

Nathans powerhouse army is nasty.

Thanks for running it Carson you put a lot of work into each event.

Thanks to Andre for hosting.

It was great to meet Zac from Edmonton and see Sean and Don come from Moos Jaw.

Looking forward to the next event.

Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:04 pm

Ok, now that the tournament is in the rear-view mirror and we've all had time to sit back and reflect on the day, what are your thoughts on the tournament? Did the new guys feel welcomed? Was it a good format? What could have gone better?

For me, I had a great time. I haven't had that much fun at a tournament in a long time, not just because I was winning but I thought it was a genuinely positive atmosphere and I got to play 4 games against 4 great opponents. I liked that all 4 of my opponents had different armies (nothing like playing 3/4 games against wood elves) and while most of them ended up with fairly large point spreads, during the games there were definitely nail-biting moments and didn't seem like blowouts (well, maybe my game against Josh did but that was his dice's fault). The round lengths were good and I was very happy with how the time was managed by Carson. Rounds didn't drag on because the players were "just finishing up now, 5 more minutes". That can be tough to manage so good job on that Carson. Even with 4 games on the day I was able to get home in time to put the kids to bed so that was nice.

Things that could be improved upon:
- More social media presence. We need someone dedicated to posting pictures, updates, links, battle reports, everything. If we want more involvement then people need to know why they should drive to Saskatchewan to play 9th age. There was very little leading up to the tournament and almost nothing posted since. I didn't take any pictures but I could post battle reports. I did post a little on my army list thread on the 9th age EoS forum and I've received more responses than I've ever gotten on an army list post.
- Fix up the website, even if it means putting some money into paying someone who knows what they are doing. We need something that looks good, is easy to work and has all the information on it. People should be able to sign up and pay on the website

Really, those are the only things I could think of to improve upon. Nominate someone who is good with words and has the time and desire to do that sort of thing and give them free reign. Post on the 9th age forums, the facebook groups, everywhere it might be seen. Otherwise we're just going to remain a small friendly group playing in Andre's garage. Not that there's anything wrong with that, in fact I think I might prefer it but it seemed to me that the consensus was that this tournament should become something bigger than that and there's no reason why it can't.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:48 pm

I very much enjoyed this event, I like how smooth the rounds were timed, only improvement to this would be maybe having a giant timer of some sorts on the wall, or more frequent time call outs from the T.O. only because i noticed alot of people asking how long they had left etc.

Definitely fix up the website, more pictures and more social media stuff would help make the event more known / popular. I think we got a good group, a good tournament and good venues that we should definitely beable to get more people out.

My only and biggest biggest complaint was the fckin terrain, hated it. To many fucking hills. If you download the Map Packs on the 9th age website I didn't see a single one that had more than one hill. I feel like we should be using these Map Packs for tournaments, normal free play who cares because its up to you and your opponent to move the pieces around and agree on it. But when you are forced to play on certain tables (some of them more than once) i feel it could unintentionally benefit some armies over others. This keeps it neutral imo, i understand that you guys looked like you were trying to be thematic with the terrain, everything matching which is cool and all but i am totally okay with playing on a winter mat with a green trees and flowing rivers. Side note on the terrain, with lore's like Druidism needing different terrain features i feel we do need to change things up, plus hills are OP.

Over all met some new guys, played some new opponents, had a great time and will definitely be coming to these tourneys every time they're on.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Hahaha ďhills are OPĒ. Thatís the first time Iíve ever heard anyone complain about the power level of terrain.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:59 pm

It was a really fun day, low key, relaxed atmosphere. Great suggestions, maybe sean you could help us with some terrain fu for future tournaments. Definitely agree with the social media comments!

Great way to spend a day.... hanging out with friends rolling dice!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:22 pm

@Nathan- because hills are OP Wink ha

@Carson- didnt mean to sound like such a dick about it. Was just running hot off my hill hatred. Would definitely like to get more involved in these tourneys. Overall loved the event and the great atmosphere. I'll print off the map packs and give them an actual look at. Just see how it looks actually on the table.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum