Summer league 2018

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Summer league 2018

Post  Derek on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Sam and I had a holiday weekend scrap.

Sam B Dread Elves vs Derek B Warriors of the Dark Gods 4500pts

We rolled up Marching Columns and Hold the ground.

I like Sam's army list, no magic, loads of shooting and a Captain as General. My new list ended the era of an Exalted Herald as a big meany in my army.
We rolled up terrain and it was all on Sam's side of the table so it did not play a big factor in the battle. Except for the one hill on the left flank that hid my Unit of Warriors from hi Dread Knights for most of the battle.
I have plenty of scoring units so I wanted to take the secondary early, wary of his shooting and his Tower Guard unit, as such I moved up and sent my Barbarians, and two chariots to the right flank to sacrifice themselves to protect my center.
Sam went first and this ended up helping me at the end of the battle.
However, by turn 3 Sam was in complete control of the battle. His Reaper Bolt Throwers were stars this day and he took out my Lord on a Chimera by the end of turn 2 affraid affraid and he collapsed my right flank. The MVP of the battle for me was my Unit of Feldraks as they took out a number of small Dread Elf units and survived the battle, albeit at half points. His Tower Guard crushed my Forsworn and although they held for one turn I had no one to counter charge, as my Giant had fled the previous turn.
In the end I forced Sam's hand, he did not want to charge his unit of Dread Knights and General into my block of Warriors which included my BSB. I moved to within an inch of him so he had no choice on his last turn to charge me. He had control of the center of the battlefield and on the far right my lone surviving Feldrak was taunting a number of Elves lol!
In the last skirmish of the battle our Champions went into a duel and the Favored Champion of Nukuja easily laid to waste the boastful Elf. His Elf Captain/General directed his attached at my BSB and could not wound. While in return my BSB did 5 strength 6 wounds to the Elf but he saved them all on 5's Shocked My Warriors struck down 2 Elves and I won combat, but the Elf held. So on the very last turn of the battle my Lone Feldrak killed a Dread Reaper and my BSB killed his Captain as should have happen in the previous turn. Weak Elves Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

In the end I like my list and will tweak it a bit more. It was a shame that my Forsworn did not much at all, killed 6 Elves....I have to rethink that unit. His shooting was telling and swayed he battle his way early.

Sam B Dread Elves 13 vs Derek B Warriors of the Dark Gods 7
I took the secondary and was fully painted.
Sam B 10 vs Derek B 12
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Derek and myself threw down last night. 4500pt onslaught lists.

Derek was sporting his new, and much improved, warriors list. Great game ending in an 11-9, 13-11 after painting for the Warriors.

Huge swings throughout the game. Couple of key moments were my failed attempt to bust through a block of forsworn sloth with my general and bsb/vermin guard block allowing a nice juicy flank charge from the chaos lord. This was nicely balanced out by my Seer getting pissed off bottom of 6 and netting around 2000pts in 1 magic phase Very Happy

Derek will have a much better report I'm sure.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:32 am

Josh came over last night with his beast herds for a game. It was a fun game as always, josh’s Ambushers arrived turn 1 forcing me to turn my line around to deal with them. Luckily my combat units were up to the task and I was able to wipe out all 3 units fairly quickly. When I turned back around Josh’s other units were much much closer and the next turn we were trading blows. The inquisitor earned his place in the list, killing the big monster, smashing the Minotaur champion with 9 wounds in a challenge. The rest of the Minotaurs were demoralized by seeing their champion reduced to a pile of goo and turned tail and fled. They never rallied. The inquisitor then smashed Josh’s wizard and I chipped away at the remaining unit of longhorns. In the end I wiped every beast off the table. The men of the empire were pretty beat up though, the general was dead, the imperial guard and light infantry slaughtered and a unit of knights wiped out. 1 Reiter was left standing and every other unit was hurting. 15-5 for me and I was fully painted so 17-5.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:59 am

How many points was that Inquisitor responsible for?
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh b on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:02 pm

about 700 give or take

Josh b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:40 pm

It was pretty much the perfect storm for him. I won't expect that kind of production every game and I'm sure there will be games where he gives up points and does nothing. Still, he's worth taking and I actually like the freedom of having that 10-knight unit with no characters. It can be a throwaway unit if I need it to be. It is also a juicy enough prize that I can use it as bait to get the matchups that I want or as a buffer to delay units that I can't deal with yet.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Sounds like it could have been more than 700....that thing terrifies me. Smile
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:48 pm

The inquisitor absolutely has the potential to be devastating, especially against certain armies and I think I've got him in the best possible position for my list. That said, in the end he is just a squishy human worth 300 points. With him in my lists I have another tool for dealing with characters and monsters. That kind of tool is something I am missing in a lot of my other armies so it is definitely nice to have.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:15 pm

Carson wrote:Derek and myself threw down last night. 4500pt onslaught lists.

Derek was sporting his new, and much improved, warriors list. Great game ending in an 11-9, 13-11 after painting for the Warriors.

Huge swings throughout the game. Couple of key moments were my failed attempt to bust through a block of forsworn sloth with my general and bsb/vermin guard block allowing a nice juicy flank charge from the chaos lord. This was nicely balanced out by my Seer getting pissed off bottom of 6 and netting around 2000pts in 1 magic phase Very Happy

Derek will have a much better report I'm sure.

It was a really fun battle. I made a massive tactical error on turn two when I charged his General and went into a challenge and died horribly..bad move, the Rats were laughing at me.
I pushed right up as I knew I had to get into combat, the rats had way more unit than the Warriors and I basically had no magic and Carson has been leaning heavily on the winds of magic lately.
By turn three my plan was sort of working, the rats had killed many more followers of the Dark Gods but I was in good positions and winning melee's. If he would just break!!!!
By turn 6 I had most of his unit on the run and had a really good victory coming my way. But in the bottom of 6 the Rats magic lashed out and laid low the Warriors of the Dark Gods. With three spells the Rat Wizard killed my Chosen Lord BSB, the last of my Warriors and a Chariot. Shocked By killing the Warriors I lost the secondary....holy crap...he killed 2000pts and I lost the secondary in the bottom of turn 6 with his sickly cowardly Rat Wizard...ack...
It was a lesson I tell ya....well done Carson.
So in the end this bloody battle came down to only about a 280pt spread.
A Pyrrhic if ever there was one.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4