Summer league 2018

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: Summer league 2018

Post  Kuyp on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:32 am

Dom, vampire counts = 20
Derek, warriors of the dark gods =2

I went over and had a game at Derek's last night, 4500 points refused flank with king of the hill secondary. Derek placed heavy to the one flank with me mostly to the center other the the vamp knights on the far opposite flank. By turn two derek had done some superficial damage to my black coach with magic that I healed, and killed off 3/4 bat swarms.

My turn two my knights turned a chariot into a pile of sticks and my coach charged down a fleeing giant. I also at this point in time lost my last bat swarm and my necromancer.... these would be the last points I lost for the rest of the game Very Happy

After that a tag team horde of zombies and skeletons bogged down and flanking his second chariot managed to break it with static res but it did take a few rounds as derek rolls snake eyes twice in a row despite me winning combat by 6 and 4 respectively!.

The coach and the knights killed the barbarians and repositioned to take on his generals unit. The barrow guard ABSOLUTELY DECIMATED his warriors unit, killing 17 / 20 in one round of combat while only losing 5 in return. I didn't run him down leaving my flank open to his felldracks. After two rou ss of combat however the barrow guard pulled through and chased the last remaining one wound champion off the board.

The vampire knights vrs his generals unit I was a bit worried about because I knew his general probably had the D3 wound item ...and he did. I did manage to kill the unit off completely in the first round but it left me fighting a pretty bad ass guy that was not a good match up for me. Derek did hit my general twice but lucky for me rolled a 1 both times for the multiple wound. Game ended with not a single warrior left on the table and a mostly intact vampire horde.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:21 pm

Yes it was not a great day for the Warriors of the Dark Gods.

It didn't look as bad as it reads above through 3 turns...than boom his Vampire Knights got into it and his Barrow Guard destroyed my Warriors. The 17 wounds was unexpected, he was hitting like an Undead God.

I had his Zombies and Skeletons tied up for a few turns but I just didn't have any units that could support my Chosen Chariot that took no wounds but just kept losing to combat res. That 30+ block of Barrow Guard are simply devastating.

My biggest disappointment was my Doom Lord not killing the Vampire with the uber killy Burning Portent Sword. Twice I rolled a 1 when going after the D3 wounds. affraid affraid

Fun Battle and I'm looking forward to a rematch.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:25 pm

Josh came over and had a battle at my place the morning after my defeat at the hands of the Undead.

Josh Beast Herds vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 5000pts

We rolled up Pitched Battle and King of the Hill.

I left he terrain on the battlefield from the battle with the Vampires so it was pretty open with some hill son the Beasts side of the field.

Josh had his usual army with large blocks. he had two units of Centaurs and he decided not to have any units ambush.

Once again I deployed heavy on the left flank with only my unit of Barbarians with paired weapons on my right flank. I moved up quickly on the left trying to get a flank on his Gortak and other units. It did not work lol...He got 5 charges off on me right after that††affraidaffraid
I did do a few magical wounds to his Bull General...but in the end it survived with 1 wound arrgghh.
The highlight of the battle for me was when he charged my Barbarians with a unit of Gors and a unit of Centaurs and the Barbarians won combat and chased them both down†Twisted Evil† The low point of the battle was when my Feldraks got charged by a unit of Longhorns and took 3 wounds and were chased down after whiffing and only doing 3 wounds on them†affraidaffraid

I tried out the Doom Lord for the first time....with Dom and now with josh. He is tough but not the fighter that a Chosen Lord is. Not sold on him as a leader, perhaps I will give it another go this week.
Once again I mixed up my magic and took a Wizard Master and used Alchemy...meh...I should have killed more and my Sorcerer build is pretty weak. I need to work on that.
I had a blast playing Josh and can honestly say I only made one regrettable move that cost me a unit - my Barbarians did on turn 6 to a Chariot, I should not have had them in such a position. Gotta play smarter.

Josh Beast Herds 13 vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 7
The Beast tool the Secondary and the Warriors were fully painted
Josh 16 vs Derek 6
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Can one unit (Barbarians) chase and run down 2 units? Also, Doomlord is considered not very good. I was toying with making a Barbarian army with great weapons. St 6 cheap core seems cool.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:48 pm

I would think you could if your roll was higher than both of the fleeing units.†
In this case I caught the Gor's and then on the following turn (which was mine) I charged and caught the fleeing Centaurs.

I really like the Barbarians, cool concept. Various weapon builds and cool models to choose from from so many companies. Some Cav, a sorcerer, some hounds and maybe a monster. A cool list, not crazy strong but could be a lot of fun.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh b on Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:26 pm

doom bull is good if you beef him up a little bit he is always going first has impact hits highweapon skill battle focus a high base strength and tough as tails

Josh b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:12 pm

Me and Brian had a game today, 4500 points My Lizards vs his Orks. diagonal deployment and breakthrough.

Victory for me 17-3. Neither painted (almost) and no one got the secondary.

This was a fun and bloody game.Brian had two giants that swung away at strength 7 and punched alot of damage into some Dinos, but i got lucky and both ended up going down to separate Crush attacks, my Bastiladon after 3 rounds of combat with the giant crushed him for 3 damage and chased him away and the Temple Guard got their butts kicked by another giant before my Slann popped his potion of strength and CRUSHED the last giant for 4 wounds haha, super lucky roll. Elsewhere a whole wack of poison shots brought down his Stone Ork Idol after 3 turns of shooting and running around in a circle. My awesome Skink Captain on a steggo charged a block of archers only to have his 2d6 impact hits wasted on a champion, but damn that was a dead champion. Brians trolls were his MVP belching 5 raptor riders down to nothing and holding out for 2 turns against my general and i was down to 1/3 wounds on the general at the end of turn 6. Was fun, definitely rematch soon. Brian has one more chariot to paint to be fully painted and I'm getting there with the Lizards, dropped 10 painted skinks for 5 unpainted Raptor Riders so working on those now! They are good
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BTENDER on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:33 pm

Josh came over for a game today. Switched it up on my end and went with a bit more hand to hand combat units. After sitting back and waiting for him to come up, I got a few long charges off. Sending 2 chariots into a Goartoch, is a good idea. Getting 14 impact hits is the way to go. Broke through the middle and changed up his game.
With consistent executed long charges and good rolling, the Dread Elves came away with a win over the beastmen 16-4. Neither was fully painted.

BTENDER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:52 am

Carson came over last night for a 5000 point game between his rats and my Empire. I had a shiny new mortar all painted up and it was well worth it. The mortar alone was responsible for killing about 40 vermin guard, 25 clanrats and the bell over 4 rounds of successful shooting. The last turn it misfired but to be fair, it needed a break. I'm sure it will never again perform like that. Despite the withering barrage the rats made a go of it and nearly finished off all the men of the empire. Luckily a well-placed Wrath of God by Carson took the last wound off his general on turn 6 to give me the victory. Other mvps for me were my steam tank which killed an abomination and a unit of rat ogres and my inquisitor who killed a doomwheel, Carson's BSB, the vermin guard champion and had a chance at his general but only rolled a 1 for his multiple wounds roll (Carson's general had 2 wounds left).

Carson's mvp was definitely his general who single-handedly killed a unit of knights, the inquisitor, 2 prelates, my bsb, and the imperial guard unit.

Both of us were fully painted and nobody got the secondary so it was a 14-10 victory for me.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:12 pm

It was a great game. We both had our highs and lows. My biggest disappointment was the steam tank killing the abomination and the rat ogres. I thought I was going to cave in that flank. Respect!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:53 pm

All my games against Dwayne, that Mortar was the most feared unit across the table. it can be vicious.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:08 pm

I think what really decided the game was that when you broke my units you didnít catch them but when I broke your units I either caught them or they went off the table.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr Today at 12:50 am

Derek and I played our playoff game tonight, I wonít say who won until after Carson and Josh have their game. It was a fun, close game with the final result being 13-7 with neither of us taking the secondary. Both generals died but both of our bsbís survived. My general died after fighting his sorcerer in a challenge for two rounds while his general died in a challenge with my inquisitor.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6