Summer league 2018

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Summer league 2018

Post  nathanr on Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:06 am

It was a very bloody game. The ambushers coming on turn 2 instead of turn 1 really messed with my plans. I got lucky being able to get the easy kill on the longhorns, if I'd had to fight that unit as well it would have gone very differently for me. The dice gods evened things out somewhat though, every unit of mine that fled continued to flee, usually off the table.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:29 pm

Pete came over for a game this afternoon. The game started out as bad for the empire as it could have. My BSB got blasted by magic turn 1, My knights fled off the table turn 2 then my stubborn imperial guard and prelate lost combat to his bsb chariot, failed their break test and fled. My steam tank died turn 3 and I lost a unit of reiters and light infantry. Luckily after all of that my luck leveled out and I was able to do some stuff. I killed his giant with shooting, then fought and beat up his chosen knights. They were close to the table edge so I decided to not pursue but he fled a rediculously short distance and stayed on the table. My knights charged his once chosen and beat them, broke them and ran them down, overrunning into his wizard general. I killed him then overran into his vortex beast which I also killed. Meanwhile my general was fighting his bsb and chosen knights. He finished off the chosen knights but then fell to the bsb. Right at the end his chariot bsb fought my knights. My inquisitor died but then turn 6 I managed to take his last wound.

Amazingly it turned out to be an 11-9 win for me but secondary was capture the flags so Pete won that making it 12-8. I was painted while Pete was not so final score was 12-10 for Pete. Thanks for the game!
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:18 pm

Sean, came over with his new Lizards and beat the snot out of my Infernal Dwarfs. 19-3 for Sean after dust settled. Sean will be here to explain further as I'm going to go sulk in my loser chair and do some list changes.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:47 am

squalie wrote:Sean, came over with his new Lizards and beat the snot out of my Infernal Dwarfs. 19-3 for Sean after dust settled. Sean will be here to explain further as I'm going to go sulk in my loser chair and do some list changes.

Was a fun game, good to get one hammered out on a Sunday morning, Battleline and capture the scoring units. Good way to break in my new Lizardman army.

The game was definitely looking in Dons favor and honestly until the second to last turn i truly thought i was fucked. So my large unit of 35 Saurian warriors failed 3 charges this game before getting triple charged by his BSB on a Bull in the rear, the unit of kadeem Incarnates to the flank and a unit of 30 GW dwarves with General to the front. My units had a couple of buffs on it and Don killed 25 Warriors but i managed to kill most of the GW Dwarves before they hit and killed off his General before the unit could benefit from his hatred, popped a couple wounds into the Bull and managed to kill a model from the Kadeem, which got rid of Dons ranks allowing me to hold on with my Cold Blooded Roll for a break test. The following turn saw my unit of 15 Temple Guard with slann, (who were down to 9 members after being beaten up by a wounded Slave Giant) flank charge his BSB on Bull, my Skink Chief on a Steggo Rear charge the remaining GW dwarves and my Bastilladon get a longish flank charge on a unit of dwarf gunners across the field with his Wizard. This is the turn everything swung my way with his BSB popping to the Temple Guard, the GW Dwarves all dying to impact Hits and the gunners fleeing and getting chased down by the Bastiladon. End of the game had alot of wounded and half dead units of Lizards but i managed to hold onto the majority of my points.

I will say you do not get alot of Lizards for 4500 pts. this army is honestly smaller to transport than my Ogres. The 35 Saurian Warriors costs 935 points, my whole core. But damn is it a tough unit, even with Debuffed armour from Don it managed to hold on.

Fun game, i think the Lizards will be my army for the next league.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:33 am

So you scooped Brian's lizards out from under me did ya?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:56 am

Carson wrote:So you scooped Brian's lizards out from under me did ya?

Yeah sorry bud. I had something he wanted and the deal was like way to good to pass up. Plus YOU didn't have 60 Spider Riders to trade him Wink so i mean i think by not having 60 spider riders on hand at ALL times you pretty much doomed yourself. Very Happy
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Kal wrote:
I will say you do not get alot of Lizards for 4500 pts. this army is honestly smaller to transport than my Ogres. The 35 Saurian Warriors costs 935 points, my whole core.

Wait, lizards get to take less than 25% core?
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:43 pm

Yessir, 20% core

because we have two core choices, Saurian or Skink
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Neat!
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Aye super fun army with lots of options for lists imo. I'd love a horde of skinks but they were designed to skirmish not rank up.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:19 pm

nathanr wrote:
Kal wrote:
I will say you do not get alot of Lizards for 4500 pts. this army is honestly smaller to transport than my Ogres. The 35 Saurian Warriors costs 935 points, my whole core.

Wait, lizards get to take less than 25% core?

Warriors are the same way...cuz their core sucks? Wink whatever the reason...
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:43 pm

I priced out a fun little 2000 point lizard army. $227. Building it up to 4500 would be WAY more. I would want to use some of the minis from the Lost Kingdom Kickstarter. The list is all skinks and caimans.

Anyway, wrong thread for that. Don are you still using your Onslaught list?
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:45 pm

Yes and saurians have "marks" as well. but they ALL have to take the same mark. which is okay i suppose.

The lost kingdom figs are very nice but everyone knows i'm a gw fan boy

also wrong thread yes.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:59 pm

nathanr wrote:I priced out a fun little 2000 point lizard army. $227. Building it up to 4500 would be WAY more. I would want to use some of the minis from the Lost Kingdom Kickstarter. The list is all skinks and caimans.

I am. Which is why I知 getting my junk kicked, lol. I致e adjusted it a bit. I知 painting the immortals and stuff to make a strictly dwarf list with shooting.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Kal wrote:
Carson wrote:So you scooped Brian's lizards out from under me did ya?

Yeah sorry bud. I had something he wanted and the deal was like way to good to pass up. Plus YOU didn't have 60 Spider Riders to trade him Wink so i mean i think by not having 60 spider riders on hand at ALL times you pretty much doomed yourself. Very Happy

I mean who doesn't have 60 Spider Riders on hand at all times Shocked
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:13 pm

squalie wrote:
nathanr wrote:I priced out a fun little 2000 point lizard army. $227. Building it up to 4500 would be WAY more. I would want to use some of the minis from the Lost Kingdom Kickstarter. The list is all skinks and caimans.

I am. Which is why I知 getting my junk kicked, lol. I致e adjusted it a bit. I知 painting the immortals and stuff to make a strictly dwarf list with shooting.

Junk Kicked!?!? I'm intrigued My Warriors would luv to Junk Kick your Dwarves lol...soon my friend. Twisted Evil
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:28 pm

Derek wrote:
squalie wrote:

Junk Kicked!?!? I'm intrigued My Warriors would luv to Junk Kick your Dwarves lol...soon my friend. Twisted Evil

I sincerely look forward to tangling with the Brown family. Smile
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh b on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:02 pm

😎

Josh b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:30 pm

Dom and Myself tangled in 4500pt match at his house last night. Both of us changed up our lists which led to a very entertaining game. I think both of us thought I was gonna get stomped by turn4 but the vampire general crumbled in a nasty fight between vampires and vermin guard and the game swung completely 180. In the end I scored an 18-2 after secondaries, I was fulled painted. Dom tried out the black coach......its really cool.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:42 pm

Andre the Ogre and I had a battle last evening.

Andre Ogre Khans vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 5000pts

We rolled up Refused Flank and Breakthrough.

There was a fair amount of terrain with a river on the right and a building and about 4 growths of trees around the battlefield.

Andre took his Onslaught army with another unit of Yeti's. While I changed my armylist. I took a level 4 sorcerer of Evocation and an Exalted Herald and no other characters.

Once again Andre and I faced off and both army's were reluctant to charge and squared off with each other.
I had first turn and moved up but was more than a little wary of his his two giant Mammoths on the right flank. My magic phase was a complete joke. I could not get anything off...I mean I just rolled really low and we both laughed at my misery.
I was able to combo charge his large block of Ogres that had his BSB Khan in it. I hit it with a chariot and my Demonic General and did a very good job in killing a bunch of Ogres. This was a big blow to Andre as I took out his largest block and his BSB Khan. This victory was followed by Andre failing like 3 charges and things looked bleak for the Ogres. On the right flank I charged my Feldraks into a unit of Ogres and broke them, but better still his very large Mammoth with 2 riders failed a panic test and fled off the table.
The stars of the Ogre army was the Tuskgor Cav. I charged a large unit of Wraith Warriors into the Ogre Cav and they were defeated and run down affraid Those are some nasty heavy cav. This was on the turn for of legend for the Ogres. Also on this turn my Feldraks were charged in the front and rear and were dispatched,
In the end the turn 4 deaths really helped the Ogres but were not enough to enable victory.
I liked my new list but I am not the best at wielding the winds of magic.

Andre Orge Khans 6 vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 14
The Warriors tool the Secondary and both armies were fully painted
Andre 5 vs Derek 19

Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:26 am

Pete and I had a battle today at the Den.

Pete Warriors of the Dark Gods vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 5000pts

Pete rolled up Refused Flank and Breakthrough - so 2 in a row for me.

The battlefield had 3 hills a ruins and 2 woods.

Pete took his Onslaught list and I took my new list.

I felt fairly confidant and that probably did me in Rolling Eyes
I had the Relentless Banner on my Warriors and they marched right up to his Forsworn, I felt I could take them. My magic phase was again poorly managed, I must talk to the Gods about that. In Pete's first turn he did the charges that I expected, however, he had an epic magic phase and every spell got off exactly he had hoped... affraid affraid
Pete's superior management of the winds of magic proved my undoing. He got he Breath of Corruption spell off on his Giant and his Giant charged into my Warriors with his Forsworn. I did 11 wounds but his Forsworn did 5 and his Giant with the help of the his nasty breath did wounds...ack....after the dust settled I lost combat by 5 and my Warriors with my Sorcerer fled and were run down affraid affraid
Meanwhile his Chosen BSB charged out of the Cav unit it was in into my Exalted Herald. They were locked in combat for 3 turns until my Demonic General struck the BSB down. My Barbarians fled in Panic and recovered, they were later charged by his Giant and did well as they cut down the Giant.
My Feldraks failed a charge into his Hellmaw while next turn his Warriors failed a charge into my Feldraks. But I was able to Charge my Feldraks and a chariot into his Hellmaw and kill it outright but it left them open to rear charges. His Warriors charged into my Forsworn and boom, ripped my boys apart. His Chosen Cav jumped through a portal and charged my Chariot and killed it and overran into my fleeing Feldraks...yeah that was brutal.
With a scream of fury my Chosen Chariot charged into the flank of the Chosen Cav and killed two out right and broke and ran down the enemy Cavalry.
It was a tough battle and Pete's handled his magic spells expertly and it really turned the battle.

Pete Warriors of the Dark Gods 13 vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 7
Pete took the Secondary and both armies were fully painted
Pete 18 vs Derek 6
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Derek's memory was not 100%, too much ogre blood in his eyes.
We both wiffed our turn one magic phases but i failed 3 charges needing 7s in bottom of one allowing him to charge me turn 2 which resulted in a 2000pt sweep. I was not happy and gritted my teeth until turn 5 when Derek neglected to move a few units allowing me some charges with overrun support in my five.
My general wizard master with scarification stood up to Dereks general and giant but broke in six to flee off the board.

I don't know that there are many who would have played this game out but it goes to show preserverance pays off even if it was only a few points
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:24 pm

I got 2 games in today.

1st against Pete which again early on saw us trade nearly 2000pts in subsequent game turns. I managed a slight upper hand at the end but not enough to break a draw, we both postured correctly to negate any secondary points and both were painted for 12 points each.

2nd game I went to Josh's where the beasts, despite getting lots of magic off failed in melee. We split secondary again and I was fully painted. It ended in a 12 to 8 win for ogres...plus 2 for painted
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:39 am

Sammy and I had a battle, he was itching for one and I was glad to take him on.

Sammy Dread Elves vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 5000pts

Sam rolled up Counter Thrust and Capture the Flags.

There was a fair amount of terrain with a large hill on the right and 3 hills and a forest on Sammy side of the battlefield - we rolled up terrain randomly.

Sam's Army is heavy shooting and no magic at all. While I took my army list that was heavy magic that I have used the last few battles.

I dropped as soon as I could which surprised Sammy. I needed to get across the battlefield as soon as I can as his shooting was going to be deadly. I moved up, hid my Warriors behind a hill away from his well placed Reaper Bolt Throwers. My Magic phase we uneventful as expected. On the Dread Elves first turn they moved up and shot up my army, only did three wounds to my Giant but that was enough. I had placed the bulk of my Army on the right flank with my Exalted Herald on my far right. On my far left across from a unit of Spearmen, a Bolt Thrower and some Fast Cav was my large block of Barbarians with paired weapons. Sammy ended up placing the bulk of his army across from mine on his left. He has 4 units of Dark Riders and vanguarded them all and shot me up but most everything is Resilience 5 and he did not do well. Although throughout the battle he was killing Barbarians with crossbows.
On The Dread Elves turn 2 he had 4 clear charges but only one made it in, that was his Hunter Chariot on my Warrior Chariot. The Hunter Chariot had a wound on it already from a lone spell I got off. It was not a great start for Sammy when 3 of 4 charges fail. The Hunter Chariot did 2 wounds on impact, but in combat my Warriors were able to kill the Dread Elf Chariot outright. Turn three was the beginning of the end for the Dread Elves, two Warrior Chariots charged the Hydra and killed it outright, one was able to overrun into the Tower Guard bloc while the other fell just short. On my right my Giant and Exalted Herald took out the Dark Riders that were harassing them with crossbow shots. Next turn the unthinkable happened...the Chariot killed 5 on impact, and another 3 in melee - in return the Assassin did two wounds to the Chariot - the Warrior Chariot won combat by lots and the high break test roll proved fatal, they Tower Guard ran off the table and an unit of Crossbows panicked. This changed the battle and was a massive points swing.
The Dread Elves next big move was a unit of chaffing Reaver Knights (fast cav) charged my Chosen Chariot and his Dread Knights charged my Forsworn w/Great Weapons. The knights did 6 wounds and the nasty warriors did 4 wounds, I lost combat but they are stubborn on the first round of combat and held. The Chosen Chariot made short work of the charging Reaver Knights Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
The Chosen Chariot had a tasty flank charge on the Dread Knights next turn, the Exalted Herald took out a bolt thrower, the Feldraks charged a Dread Chariot and took it out and my Warriors moved up and took a secondary while my Barbarians moved up also. The Dread Elf General survived combat and held on a roll of 2 Shocked and on the next Elf turn the block of Spearmen made a charge (a long charge - needed a 10) into the flank of the Chosen Chariot. Some Dread Elves Charged the rear of my Barbarians and took them out affraid The Elves won the combat against the chariot without doing any wounds and the Chariot ran but was not caught as the Spearmen overran into the engaged Forsworn. The Forsworn died outright next combat phase but in the end the Dread Elves only had a unit of Reaver Knights left.

I got lucky in the Tower Guard combat in that the unit fled and I gained new respect for Chariots. Once again the Dread Elves has some weak ass bolt thrower action. They did kill the Giant and a Chariot but could have done a lot better.
Gonna rethink this magic push of mine, magic is not really doing it for me.

Sammy Dread Elves 4 vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 16
The Warriors tool the Secondary and was fully painted
Sammy 1 vs Derek 21
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh b on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:51 pm

ouch town population you bro

Josh b

View user profile

Back to top Go down