Scott v. Eric Result

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scott v. Eric Result

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:29 am

Scott and I got in our game tonight, and we ended up playing Trial of Battle from the UKGT rulespack (the table quarters scenario).

My Bloodthirster wasn't a scoring unit, but it could still chop dudes up, and chop them up it would.

I lost nearly all my support units throwing them away at Scotts Orcs, who were more than happy to choppa all my Daemonettes to pieces. My surviving Fiend (the other having been neatly shot by a bolt thrower) even managed to charge a unit of NG Spider Riders, but didn't manage to do anything. The fiend promptly disappeared in a puff of shame.

My unit units did much better. I moved my BT up behind a forest in turn one, and on turn 2 the Thirster pulled up alongside my unit of Seekers peering down the flank of Scott's cavalry. This put Scott in a bit of a "do-or-die" position, and both his general's unit of Big'Uns Boar Boyz and the unit of "heavy" Night Goblin Wolf Riders declared charges on my Flesh Hounds, hoping to quickly deal with them and overrun into my Bloodletters (with Herald BSB). His pair of failed Fear tests was the end of that idea, and my Bloodthirster mopped up the Boar Boys and General over the next two turns, while my Seekers did the same to his Wolf Riders. The Bloodthirster lulled Scott into a false sense of security in the first round of combat, inflicting only 2 wounds on the Boar Boyz. Emboldened, his general moved to fight the monster and was struck down with 6 wounds after saves.

At the end of the game I had one of Scott's deployment zones, Scott kept one of his (I only had my Bloodthirster and my mounted Herald in it, neither of which could contest), one of mine was heavily contested, and I just managed to sneak my Seekers back into my other deployment zone to contest it against the unit of Spider Riders that snuck into it. 3 points for me capturing Scott's, 1 point for Scott maintaining his other, and everything else was contested, so that's a win for me.

The scenarios don't distinguish between levels of victory and only register wins, losses and draws so I am not sure what to count it as for the league. I was not fully painted but Scott was.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott v. Eric Result

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:32 am

Well I think that if we break it down a massacre would have been 8-0 for table quarter points, and this one was 3-1. I'd be happy with a minor or a major victory. Maybe just a minor? What do you think? I was painted, and I think this was for top spot in the ladder too.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:38 am

I'm on the very bottom though...? Is the ladder circular like that?

Minor victory makes sense.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Hey Carson, you count this one yet?

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:04 pm

patience young grasshopper.................now it is done.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:35 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top