Tomb King 4500

Go down

Tomb King 4500

Post  Kal on Tue May 01, 2018 11:25 am

Ok guys, so other than characters and a few skeletons this stuff is all painted. let me know what you think

Characters :

Nomarch (245pts) General:
Paired Weapons, Light Armour
Death Cheater

Nomarch (255pts)
Heavy Armour, Shield
Scourge of Kings, Talisman of Shielding

Tomb Harbinger (335pts) BSB:
Destiny's Call, Dragon Staff

Tomb Harbinger (285pts)
Jackal's Blessing

Death Cult Hierarch (375pts) Hierophant
Wizard Master, Soul Conduit, Cosmology

Death Cult Hierarch (200pts)
Wizard Adept, Evocation

Core:

Skeletons x46 (450pts)
Spears, Champion, Standard Bearer

Skeletons x46 (450pts)
Spears, Champion, Standard Bearer

Skeleton Archers x14 (228pts)
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer

Skeleton Archers x14 (228pts)
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer

Skeleton Scouts x5 (130pts)

Battle Sphinx (450pts)

Battle Sphinx (450pts)

Colossus (415pts)
Paired Weapons
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tomb King 4500

Post  squalie on Tue May 01, 2018 11:48 am

Hm. Thatís a lot of characters and no tomb guard. Smile. If I did one thing, Iíd drop the 2nd mage.

Whereís the 5000 point list so people will play you? Wink
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue May 01, 2018 12:20 pm

It does seem character heavy but Iím guessing you are using the characters to bolster the skeletons. Does it work or does it mean your opponent gets to kill your characters by murdering enough skeletons to crumble the characters?

IF you were to add 500 points, what would you add?
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue May 01, 2018 1:22 pm

Naw Tomb guard suck, just because TK doesn't have the ability to raise back the same number of bodies as VC,

It is alot alot of characters... My only reasoning for the second wizard is variety of spells and i honestly don't know what lore to take. The Characters are definitely there to beef up the skeles, one Nomarch and one harbinger per block. The archers are just bunkers.

If i drop the mage i can combine the archer bunker into a 23 man unit and run them 8x3 to get all the shots still right? but then what to do with the extra points? I could add more chaff units or some Necro knights to run up a flank.. or slither i guess...

For sure the skeletons will crumble enough to kill the characters, the units won't / don't last longer than one big round of combat. skeles units are glass. but not sure how else to get around that. as we have no "defensive" units.

Ugh 5000 pts... Fine, honestly I'd just add a third 450pt sphinx. I've done the math it fits. and with the 50 pts idk a fancy banner somewhere or a weapon for a character. ha it'll be YOUR guys issue dealing with three Tough 8 sphinxs Wink

appreciate the responses guys. thx
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue May 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Nah I would keep the wizard, I know it's been a while since I played TK buuuttt..... I never left home without the king high caster, prince, and low caster .

Don't worry about beefing the Skeleton blocks too much, like you said they die easy so no real point in buffing them.

I would...
Drop one unit of skeletons completely. Drop the champ and banner from the archers and buff them to 23 each. A bunker for each caster. Then just like Don said grab some tomb guard. They are far better then you give them credit for. No joke.

Other then that maybe drop the scouts and grab some chariots or carrion or even a scorpion. Hell even a swarm would be good
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue May 01, 2018 2:12 pm

Fair enough Dom, i will try and keep both casters for now. With Soul Conduit i am guaranteed an average magic phase so i think the two wizards will give me variety. and after a couple games i think i might decide to switch things up.

23 each for the skeles eh? i do have the figs but honestly guys... i never utilize shooting because i don't know how line of sight works because it changes so damned often. can i even shoot over my own other skele units anymore?! The extra archers would need painting but i'll work on that this week.

Honestly and Don knows this. My reluctance for Tomb Guard is partially based on i don't want to paint the damned bastards! I got 90 of the fuckers sitting on a shelf haha.

I could easily drop the scouts for some chariots, they arn't painted or anything yet but i still gotta try them out. 3 as a little fire and forget missile with 6 bow shots each is pretty good. Swarms suck for TK now as we can't res any and they arn't affected by our Undying Will or any other special rules as i dont think they are "dead" anymore.

All good advice thanks guys. Will be making some more adjustments
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue May 01, 2018 3:19 pm

swarms are redirectors that will 100% evaporate in 1 round (other than vc bats)......but, it blocks a charge. Ask anyone who plays against my rats. Chariots for the cost are fantastic, easy shoot and forget missles than can really put the hurt on some units. Don't think of them in being able to break and kill something, but will knock a scary unit down to size where it can be dealt with.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue May 01, 2018 3:54 pm

Archers will do almost as good in combat as spears and sword and board are slightly better. The reason for bows is the versatility. They can move and shoot without penalty, so shoot I v on the slow advance may only cause a wound or two but that's a wound or two more then the combat blocks had done ...
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed May 02, 2018 9:11 am

I agree that swarms will evaporate and understand their necessity to block a charge so i can counter charge (hopefully) But i think the 5 scouts with bows do the job almost as well and have bows. I know how much Skaven BSB hate str 3 bow shots Wink . i think i will try and fit a unit of 3 chariots, they look good and scare some people.

Yeah with everything being str 3 and tough 3 mine as while carry a bow instead of a sword because you get to shoot for a bit too eh? I DOOO have enough bow arms but would have to make alot alot more skeletons to turn them ALL into bows. so i'll stick with some spear and HW for fluffyness.

Thanks Guys, apparently Cosomology is a really good lore... will print it off and try it out.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed May 02, 2018 9:30 am

Ouuu so Cosmology spell increases AIM by 1 and the new TK Bows don't say always hit on 5+ they say

Aspen Bow: Shooting Weapon.
Range 24", Shots 1, Str 3, AP 0, Volley Fire.
This weapon always hits on a roll equal to or greater than its Aim.

Shinay...
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed May 02, 2018 8:10 pm

How good would it be to take the skeletons as like 4 units of 20, or even 5 units?

Would the ability to not march limit their effectiveness dramatically? I would imagine multiple units of skeletons would be a nightmare for any elite army, as they can only kill 20 per combat.

Maybe not your style, but if I was playing UD and I wanted that many skeletons, and I wasn't using a WS buffing VC lord, I'd be tempted to run them all minimum size for versatility, just an idea.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down