Dread Elves 2000 points!

Go down

Dread Elves 2000 points!

Post  nathanr on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:55 am

Since this Friday's tournament is open list I figured I'd post my list here for all to see. It is essentially half of my usual 5000 point dread elf list with a few less goodies.

Captain on Pegasus - Lance, shield, heavy armour, Midnight cloak (3+ Aegis save vs shooting, Devastating charge (multiple wounds (D3))

5 Dark Raiders - Repeater crossbows, shield, light lance, standard, musician
5 Dark Raiders - Repeater crossbows, shield, light lance, standard, musician
10 Dread Knights - Full command
1 Raptor Chariot
5 Dark Acolytes - Champion (wizard conclave)

Fast moving, hits hard in combat, has decent magic and a smattering of small-arms fire. My plan is usually to get into combat early and hopefully the game is decided one way or the other pretty quickly. With only one scoring unit I'm at a major disadvantage, but I'm not too concerned with secondary objectives. If I can kill the other army the secondary objective is irrelevant!
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread Elves 2000 points!

Post  Kal on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Looks fast and deadly as usual. and the Acolytes are a great substitute for a wizard in low point games and already something you are familiar / ok with.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:59 pm

I do wish the dark raiders were scoring but I can understand why they arenít. I think only sylvan elves have a fast cav scoring unit and they lose scoring if you give them a ranged attack. I did just notice that they are cult cadaron though so that means they are +1 to hit with shooting at close range and they donít have murderous prowess (reroll 1ís to wound in combat). Things Iíll need to remember for the tournament.

I like the general but he is quite expensive for what he can do. It might be more point-efficient to put him on a raptor and toss him into the unit of knights but then that unit gets a little too death-starry for my tastes.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:39 pm

I agree on the scoring thing, but there has to be reasons for it. Same thing on my TK Chariots they can take it or lose it with some bonuses either way.

Personally your Dark Raiders look a little to kitted out imo, what point value do they run at? armour is nice, strength is nice and shooting is nice. If they are going to get charged stand and shoot, if they charge they get stronger. But i also don't know low point games so well atm.

What is the pts on the general and doesn't he only put out three attacks? Id put him on a raptor drop the unit to 9 and see where that gets you, i really really dont think it feels deathstary with ONE character in it Wink if you had 3 in the front rank of 5 then MAYBE.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:45 pm

At 2000 points a block of dread knights with a character (and likely a magic banner because that's all dropping the pegasus will buy me) is over half the total points in the army. I'd say that's a death star.

The character on the pegasus is 380 points.

The dark raiders are my core and my shooting. I don't know what you mean by "too kitted out". I've given them the repeater crossbows because I want to participate in the shooting phase and I gave them shields so they can survive return fire a little better. I use them to get in behind the enemy lines and be annoying. If I can charge the flank of a weak unit or take a war machine I'll do that but otherwise I'm mostly just shooting with them and trying to be annoying enough that my opponents move out of position in order to deal with them. I did give them banners so they can have that little extra boost in combat for when they bite off more than they should. Also, with the 2 units kitted out the way they are I'm just cracking the 25% mark for points so I can't really drop anything from them without making bigger changes throughout the list.

I do wish I could fit in a hunting chariot, that extra bit of higher strength shooting would be nice. But 230 points is very hard to find in this army. If I could have 2500 points or even 2250 that would be the first addition. After that I'd give a magic banner to the knights and upgrade the dark acolytes to the cult of Yema giving them strider, movement 10/20 and changing their spells to ones from occultism.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Ok that is deathstary, again not used to low point games sry. But also sounds like a problem for your opponent not you Wink

Also i run different lists so that is why i might be critical of the Dark Raiders. Also i thought the Lance was also an upgrade thats why i thought you upgraded, Shields, Lances and xbows. But just in Shield and Xbow upgrades alone for the two units with a banner you have 170 pts. 5 pts each for shields and 8 pts each for xbows. and the unit itself naked is only 160pts. Id rather a whole additional unit naked with their free lances. But again just my preference. Overall i'd rather run foot xbows and no horses. but again that is literally not your Dark Elf army.

idk what to say about the character, he is alot of points but idk what else you'd do with him. Drop the Raptors to 7 models. run them 4x2 (you'll never count a rank anyways) with the (cheaper) character in them and see what pts you got left?

idk just ideas, your Dark Elves are always a cool fast list. Don't even know how my Tomb Kings look at 2000 pts. probably just 20 skeles standing in a field waiting to die... again?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:41 pm

The Dread Elves seem to be in a tight position. I suppose the Sylvian Elves...well all Elves are in the same boat.

I have played a few of 2000 pt battles in the past couple of weeks weeks.

Warriors of the Dark Gods

Barbarian Chief - General, Paired Weapons, Hero's Heart, Destiny's Call
Barbarians (20) - Banner, Paired Weapons

Warriors (15) - Chosen Champion, Favor of Wrath, Paired Weapons, Banner, Icon of the Infinite (Hellfire Spell)

Marauding Giant - Monstrous Familiar (Hellfire Spell)

Warrior Chariot

Barbarian Horsemen (7) - Banner, Light Lance

Loads of fun a lot of attacks but only strength 4 for most, the Chariot and the Giant kick butt and the two Hellfire Spells are great at Strength 7.
But I cant get caught in the grind and shooting does me in...but I really like these smaller battles.
I beat down the Dread Elves and also lost to them and beat some Empire pretty badly.

I am bringing this list to the tourney just in case we have an odd number.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:32 pm

I like the list Nathan.

I think the lord by himself is the right call, with only one real combat block having the lord able to clean up small chaff/ flanking units will be incredibly valuable. Not to mention his anti-monster potential, completely insane.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down