"Best painted" Challenge

Go down

"Best painted" Challenge

Post  blizzard435 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:26 pm

Hey all,
Down at Don's between rounds of losing, I brought up the idea of not doing the 'best painted army' for the tournaments we run; instead, we have two parts.  Best presented can help go toward the Best General award. But for the hobby, we include a separate painting competition or Hobby award.

The deal is that we do tournaments or game days every couple of months and for that event, there be a specific challenge.  Everyone paints an entry for the challenge and submits it.  Winner gets a prize for the hobby competition.  There are a number of potential challenges that can be put forward with the goal of improving the hobby side of things, and ultimately improving everyone's army paint jobs.

My goal here is to establish rules for the challenge, and a list of challenges that we can go down from event to event.  Chime in on your thoughts and suggestions and I'll update the top post here.  Also, if this is to start, when do we want to make the first challenge?  There was some talk about trying to do a tournament at the end of May potentially.  This could be a good springboard for this.

Rules:
1.  Must be a new paint job, starting at the beginning of the competition.  
2.  Models may be judged by the following criteria
 a. Originality and Composition
 b. Painting Quality
 c. Conversions
 d. Modelling

Challenges
1.  Single Model - Character
2. Gaming Aid - Turn Counter
3.  Single Model - Battle Standard Bearer
4.  Single Model - Unit Filler
5.  Detachment -  5 Model Cavalry Unit  
6.  Detachment -  20 Model Regiment with Command
7.  Single Model - Monster
8.  Gaming Aid - Tokens and Counters
9.  Single Model - Army display board

Last edited by blizzard435 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Best painted" Challenge

Post  Carson on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:10 pm

I love this idea, I believe Derek is running the Lord of the Night Tournaments starting in April.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 pm

It’s a great idea. I think the first challenge should be something really generic like “character”. Everyone has a character model they could paint up. If we get a good turnout for the first one we are more likely to continue with the idea.

I’m good with whatever though.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:23 pm

Updated with Character. Do we want to make the single model - character our challenge for April? Derek, are you interested in including this as part of the Lord of the Night Tournament?
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum