Lord of the Night 2018

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Lord of the Night 2018

Post  GeoffKlassen on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:52 pm

I will come with Orc and mostly goblin :-)
GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

caps

Post  Patrick V on Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:05 pm

any interest in capping the point cost of single characters? 800-900 point lords could be unstoppable as they table armies
Patrick V

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:08 pm

Most armies have a 40% limit on characters so that would mean most characters can’t be more than 800 points.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick V on Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:33 pm

ya I was just thinking some lords might get out of hand in a small game but if we start house rules then where do we stop. should just play the night and see how it goes.
Patrick V

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:39 pm

I think most people will show restraint, especially when they only have 2000 points to work with, spending half of that on one model is going to leave them with very little other than their core.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:44 pm

I thought the same thing Pat.

But then I thought that we should see how the 9th age rules play out before we start making house rules.

Back in the day with WHFB we had to have a lot of house rules and it became an issue some times.

I think Nathan is right though people will want to see units on the field I think.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Awesome Geoff...glad you can make it.

1 - Nathan R Dread Elves
2 - Carson Goblins
3 - Dom Vampire Covenant
4 - Theresa Saurian Ancients
5 - Josh Empire of Sonnstahl
6 - Alberto Vampire Covenant
7 - Andre Orcs/Ogres/Goblins??
8 - Peter Warriors of the Dark Gods
9 - Dwayne Empire of Sonnstahl
10- Justin Orcs n Goblins
11- Johnny Saurian Ancients
12 - Pat Saurian Ancients
13- Nathan A Orcs n Goblins
14 - Geoff Orcs n Goblns

Looks like we are gonna have a Goblin fest lol
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:41 am

I will likely be playing either dwarfs or ogres
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:52 pm

That's cool...already way too many goblins lol
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:23 pm

4 O&G
3 Saurian Ancients
2 Vampire Covenant
2 Empire

Andre, Pete and I are the only original people...

...says the guy with 6 armies to choose from. Seriously though, if anyone wants to try out Kingdom of Equitaine, Wood Elves or High Elves I can hook you up. That said, I could also hook you up with a mirror image of the Dread Elves army I'm planning to bring.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:48 pm

nathanr wrote:4 O&G
3 Saurian Ancients
2 Vampire Covenant
2 Empire

Andre, Pete and I are the only original people...

...says the guy with 6 armies to choose from.  Seriously though, if anyone wants to try out Kingdom of Equitaine, Wood Elves or High Elves I can hook you up.  That said, I could also hook you up with a mirror image of the Dread Elves army I'm planning to bring.

I may take you up on that to have a variance of armies. I would try out the king-doms 😁
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Hail All,

Things are looking good for the Lord of the Night coming up on Friday April 20.

Remember we roll dice at 7pm.....plan on being done before midnight.

We have the back tables so there will be other gamers doing their thing in the room.

Battle Points and Sportmanship will reign supreme...I dont care if the army is not painted.
You must have the right size bases and no empty bases allowed.
$10 entry fee and all the monies are going back towards prizes, I got a bunch of door prizes also.
You must bring at least one hard copy of your army list, and it is open list - no secrets here.
I want to encourage everyone to try something new or fresh.

So far:

1 - Nathan R Dread Elves
2 - Carson Goblins
3 - Dom Vampire Covenant
4 - Theresa Saurian Ancients
5 - Josh Empire of Sonnstahl
6 - Alberto Vampire Covenant
7 - Andre Orcs n Goblins??
8 - Peter Warriors of the Dark Gods
9 - Dwayne Empire of Sonnstahl
10- Justin Orcs n Goblins
11- Johnny Saurian Ancients
12 - Pat Saurian Ancients
13- Nathan A Orcs n Goblins
14 - Geoff Orcs n Goblns
15- Sam Dread Elves

I will bring an army just in case I have to play...I do hope everyone will show up but it sometimes does not always happen.
I might have to get a special prize just for the Best Goblin Army lol

Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:00 pm

Thanks for running a great tournament Derek. I had 3 good games against some good guys. Alberto was a good sport in one of his first games ever, he had some good moments but my dice were hot and my elves steamrolled through some knights, zombies and then skeletons. Second game was against Johnny. My knights got overconfident and thought they could take in some Saurus warriors. I won the first round but couldn’t break them and his carnosaur came in and finished me off. I made a few other dumb moves to really dig my grave and Johnny happily pushed me in. Last game was against Pete’s warriors. I tried to take his wizard down early and lost both my units of dark raiders. Add to that a badly-timed panic by my knights and I lost the momentum and never recovered. Pete played a solid game and systematically finished me off.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:59 pm

Hey All,

I want to thank everyone that came out and had fun at the Lord of the Night tourney last night.

I think it went off very well.

Congratulations to Dom and his nasty Vampire Covenant army that took the Championship Very Happy cheers cheers

Congratulations to Carson for taking the Sportsmanship Award with his Goblins, especially since he was about to hurl the entire night  cheers  Very Happy

It was great to see the newbies like Teresa, Justin and Alberto come out. Johnny has a great looking army and I think all the Saurian Ancients Players has kick ass armies.
Geoff Goblin Spider Army  was super cool and Nathan's Dread Elves were amazing especially his turn marker conversion.

I think with any tourney especially a small one like this its important to have fun and see different armies on the field.
The door prizes are always something I like to do, small items that everyone want to some degree lol!

There is always room for improvement but I like to keep it close to the actual 9th Age rules.

I will have the results up probably tomorrow - working late.

Very Happy
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:40 pm

Thanks for Hosting Derek, It was a really laid back fun mini tournament. Great to see everyone out having a good time together.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:41 pm

Unless Derek is posting everyone's battle reports (he should), how about everybody write a few lines about the event and their battles? I had to miss it, so I need to live vicariously...
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:19 pm

squalie wrote:Unless Derek is posting everyone's battle reports (he should), how about everybody write a few lines about the event and their battles?  I had to miss it, so I need to live vicariously...

That would be great. I know Pete kept miscasting and Geoff's Spider blewup good one time.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:10 pm

So Lord of the Night XIX is in the books....I believe that I left off years ago with XVIII years ago.

I had fun and I hope everyone else did too.

Congratulations once again to Dom and Carson for taking Overall and Sportsmanship.

Player Army Battle Pts Sportsmanship Pts Total Pts
1 - Dom Vampire Covenant 53 28 81
2 - Carson Goblins 49 28 77
3 - Johnny Saurian Ancients 46 28 74
4 - Peter Warriors of the Dark Gods 40 28 68
5 - Andre Dwarven Holds 40 22 62
6 - Patrick Saurian Ancients 30 24 54
7 - Josh Empire of Sonnstahl 33 20 53
8 - Sam Dread Elves 25 26 51
9 - Nathan R Dread Elves 21 24 45
10 - Nathan A Dwarven Holds 21 22 43
11 - Teresa Saurian Ancients 16 25 41
12 - Geoff Goblins 13 22 35
13 - Alberto Vampire Covenant 13 12 25
14 - Justin Orcs 0 18 18

I think the Point format works. I might rework the Sportsmanship a bit to get some more spread.
In regards to sportsmanship, I am not trying to call anyone a bad sportsman, and I hope some of the newer players dont take offense from the sportsmanship points they received, but I want everyone to realize that you can sit down and have 3 or more battles in a day and have an absolute blast but you may still have appreciated a certain player more than others for any number of reasons. In focusing on this aspect of the hobby we can enjoy the game play, encourage new players to join and have experienced players tryout some new armies and/or army lists.
In larger tourneys I firmly encourage an Army Presentation aspect if not other categories as well.

I aim to hold another Lord of the Night event in about 5-6 weeks. What do you guys think?
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:11 pm

Hey that last post looks shitty.

I honestly tried to format the points into columns and it looked decent when I did it...this forum altered it Shocked Shocked
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp Yesterday at 9:54 am

Well I know both Teresa and I had fun. She was pretty nervous going in just being new but deffintly fun and will be putting together more of her army soon.

As for my games...
Game one vrs petter was quite the emotional rollercoaster. Turn one he cast a 2d6 strength 7 spell on my altar of unduth rolling four 6's! Followed by four 2's for his miscast roll, but despite getting off lucky turn one I did as well and only one wound went through my altar. I responded by charging in and Dying?? Lol this back and forth continued with highlight being my wraiths walking over his wizard a giant charging the rear of a skeleton block 25 strong and killing the whole unit overruning into the flank of my vamp, and then the vamp tearing out his heart and devouring his soul.

Next was against Nathan A. Honestly I was not to hopefully coming into this one with low magic and lost of shooting against me. Got even worse when he destroyed my abbilty to raise wounds turn one. The game changed when Nathan got a flank charge on my dire wolves engaged in the same combat as my general and block of skeletons. Nathan wiffed hard meaning I won by won. He failed the break test and that was pretty much the end. Interesting moment / mvp for me, a raised unit of zombies Only 6 strong charged his organ gun and held it up form turn 2 on.

Last game was against Johnny, another great addition to the group and I was happy to help teach some of the new rules to a new/ returning player. Early on in the game things were not looking the best for the vc. I lost both my barrow knights and ghasts early on. After this it went in to a bit of a maneuvering battle and his carnasour making saves like a boss! The wraiths walked through him three times , and he felt turns 4-6 of the alter of u death and still survived ! In the end the skeletons static res and the vampires pure killing factor managed to get the saruian warriors and the kroxigors to secure the win, and Johnny managed to grab the secondary making it a 13 -7 for the deciding game of the night
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum