Squalie and Infernal Dwarfs

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Squalie and Infernal Dwarfs

Post  squalie on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:07 pm

Carson wrote:you should keep the heads off...cuz after they fight my army they won't need them anymore.

pretty lame burn....but thats all I got.

That's actually not too bad.

They are looking great! Are you going to be finished for September or onslaught in October?

Nathan, I'm not sure as I have finished the Chaos Bretonnians so COULD take them, but I'm fairly confident I'll have this army done by Onslaught so it could be a coin toss.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:38 am

Just have a couple characters to paint (and a Bull) and I'm done the Onslaught list! I'll take better pictures when the army is all done and on display board.

Last edited by squalie on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:46 am

Looking good Don! †PLEASE do something with those movement trays though, even if it is just to paint them black.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:09 am

nathanr wrote:Looking good Don! †PLEASE do something with those movement trays though, even if it is just to paint them black.

HEY now, he didn't even have those trays before our game, literally dug them out of his closet and said something like "hey these will work for this army" or something.

Army is looking great, even better in person! Love the giant Kadeem fig, and all of the skulls he delicately placed about his person haha. (either him or a very brave dwarf)
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:17 am

nathanr wrote:Looking good Don! †PLEASE do something with those movement trays though, even if it is just to paint them black.

Holy shit - tough crowd. Wink I still have some details to do and bases and display board. I edited last post an added a pic.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:44 am

If you dont take best presented army we know this tourny is rigged. Also what are you selling them for?? Lol
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:46 am

I'm just being hard on you because the models look great. It would be a shame to spoil them with unpainted grey movement trays (says the guy that uses unpainted black movement trays).

The new picture, I love the models but they look washed out. Maybe it's just the picture but I feel like they need some darker shading in places to really make them pop. Looking at pictures of fire, I think you need to go darker on the tips of the flames, almost to black. I could be wrong though. I'm often wrong.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:52 am

Mhael wrote:If you dont take best presented army we know this tourny is rigged. Also what are you selling them for?? Lol

Not sure, but it will also come with 30 Immortals, Hellcannon, a Sorcerer on Lammasu and a few other artillery thingees. Oh, and a Bull Centaur BSB.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:57 am

nathanr wrote:I'm just being hard on you because the models look great. †It would be a shame to spoil them with unpainted grey movement trays (says the guy that uses unpainted black movement trays).

The new picture, I love the models but they look washed out. †Maybe it's just the picture but I feel like they need some darker shading in places to really make them pop. †Looking at pictures of fire, I think you need to go darker on the tips of the flames, almost to black. †I could be wrong though. †I'm often wrong.

It's cool, I'm not offended. These are more of a work in progress pics anyways. And you'd really think I'd put the army on the table with unfinished bases? Bitch, please. Wink

I just can't seem to take good pics. It drives me nuts as I try different angles, backgrounds, lighting, etc. And they always look like washed out shit.

You make a good point about the Kadim Incarnates, they look better in real life, BUT I did put darker flames on one to see what it looked like and I'll probably go back and do more to them. I've learned not to be too hasty with clear coating an army right away as you always find things you missed while your gaming with them. Smile
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Looks great, agree with Nathan on the kadim flames. A high point black on the flames would put them over the top

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicodemus on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:17 pm

@squalie - Holy Hashut!! †You need to post this stuff over on chaos-dwarfs.com, this is fantastic!!! I'm happy to post the images over on CDO too if you'd be OK with that.

~N
Nicodemus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:58 pm

Nicodemus wrote:@squalie - Holy Hashut!! †You need to post this stuff over on chaos-dwarfs.com, this is fantastic!!! †I'm happy to post the images over on CDO too if you'd be OK with that.

~N

Ok, Iíll post a progress thread over there. You are actually the inspiration for me starting a CD army (true story). You think we can ever scare you out for a game?
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:17 pm

4500 Onslaught done. Still have over 3000 points to paint, but at least I have a list I can play and scoop 2 painting points every time! Smile

I truly need to figure out a way to take better pictures, I feel my pictures are always too bright, washed out and yellow. Dunno, not happy with them though.

My General:

My BSB, Sorcerer and unit filler:

My BSB, displaying the last Overlord that failed:

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:43 pm

Definitely something to be proud of. I think you have too much flash coming from the camera

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Looks sweet!
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:57 pm

Carson wrote:Definitely something to be proud of. I think you have too much flash coming from the camera

Nope - no flash. I just suck.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:05 pm

These look great Don. Did you touch up the fire guys or is this just a better picture? Either way they look good.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:05 pm

nathanr wrote:These look great Don. †Did you touch up the fire guys or is this just a better picture? †Either way they look good.

Thanks! I did touch them up.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum