2.0 Gobbos and Only da Gobbos

Go down

2.0 Gobbos and Only da Gobbos

Post  Kal on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:27 am

This is the other army i am working on for this league. Trying a PURE Gobbo list. Anyways let me know what you think

General:
Forest Goblin King - 380pts
Heavy Armour, Shield
Blessed Inscriptions (divine attack and reroll failed to wound), Tuktek Guard (+1 toughness), Pan of Protection Pinching (i steal your save) Dragon Staff (breath weapon)

*I realize the weapon might be less optimized with poison, maybe rerolling hits instead*? This guy is going to hang out in the big block of Parry Forest Goblins and hopefully pop out and surprise a character or something

BSB:
Cave Goblin Chief - 195pts
Bow, Light armour, Shield
Destiny's Call (4+ aegis)

*this guy hangs in the cave goblin block and wow he is fragile with only 2 wounds and a 4+/4+ with Parry, my only hope is he doesn't see combat.

Other Characters:
Forest Goblin King - 390pts
Heavy Armour, Shield
Omen of the Aporcalypse (+d3 str, attack and AP), Basalt Infusion (+1 armour and fireproof), Potion of Swiftness, Lucky Charm
Huntsman Spider Mount

* so this guy has a 1+ Armour save and thats it... my hope and desire is to hunt slower stuff and assist other combats, tbh i just love the fig

Forest Goblin Witch Doctor - 230pts
Wizard Adept, Witchcraft
Magical Heirlooms

*still have no idea what spells to take

Cave Goblin Witch Doctor - 280pts
Wizard Adept, POWA SHROOMS, Pyromancy
Skull Fetish

*maybe i will just make both wizards FIRE

Core:
38x Forest Goblins - 402pts
Champion, Musician, Standard bearer
BOWS!!!!

*run em in a horde, VOLLEY FIRE! My only question is do their bows get Poison Attacks?

39x Forest Goblins - 352pts
Champion, Standard Bearer
Throwing Weapons, Shields,

*run em in a horde, Parry and Poison and Praying.

39x Cave Goblins - 580pts
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
Bows, Nets.
2x Mad Gits

*bunker, Volley Fire. Repeat.

Gnasher Wrecking Team - 155pts

Gnasher Wrecking Team - 155pts

*use these guys as a screen for my blocks, make you have to get through them before you fight my puny blocks of gobbos

5x Forest Goblin Raiders on Spiders - 130pts
Bow

Bow

Bow

*my goal is to redirect your army while i throw random movement stuff at it and shoot it to death, again my goal Wink

Gargantula - 540pts
Web Launcher

*more ranged attacks to keep you at bay

Scrap Wagon - 90pts

Scrap Wagon - 90pts

*more random redirectors with sweet throwing weapons Wink

Skewerer - 90pts

Skewerer - 90pts

Skewerer - 90pts

*again pew pew your army while i screen it with Random Movement and goblin bunkers.

4499/4500

SOOO What do you guys think? Goofy list that won't do great but will be alot of fun? Kind of my goal, if all the stars align and my random stuff rolls perfectly and i can actually deploy properly i think this might be a tough list.... I really don't want to use Orcs, BOO for the Big Uns.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.0 Gobbos and Only da Gobbos

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:38 am

Why 4500? Is this your tournament army? Either way, I love the idea of an all goblin army. In practice it might not go how you want but maybe that's the point of a goblin army. You have a ton of support units and redirectors but eventually it gets down to fighting. Will your 3 blocks be enough to carry the day? Maybe, depends on how successful you are in the first few turns of the game I guess. Can you put sneaky gits in units of forest goblins? Because that might be a cool idea if you can.

I hate hate hate hate gnasher wrecking teams. They ruin my day every time. However, an army like Dom's that has roughly 1,000,000 screening units will just pop them with a unit of 2 bats or a wolf or something. You're going to need more than one strategy is what I'm saying. If you run up against someone who has just as many screening units as you and better combat units you are going to have a bad day.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:48 am

I make everything 4500 Razz i just assume its the normal style of play now. I honestly have not made a 5000 pt list since way before 2.0 ha. I definitely agree about it not going down how i wanted it too. Completely agree that the first few turns will dictate how well i do. Sneaky Gits kinda suck tbh, they are 3's across the board and only get Lightning Reflexes and +3 Agi on the turn they are revealed, and can no longer take magic items. So no lethal strike or anything, they are only a 15 point upgrade now and count as a "Unit Champ" So very nerfed from the days of old. And they can only go in a unit of Common Goblins which are lame Wink

Hrm good call about the Screening Units, they would definitely ruin my plans, I was hoping with the multitude of shooting i could delete most screening units before they were a threat to me. What do you think about maybe chopping the Cave Goblin block into smaller units with nets, multiply the potential to get nets off and with smaller 20 man units of bowmen i could target more things? Plus if both wizards went Pyro magic then i could even pew pew ethreal stuff.

Appreciate the feed back, all good points that i over looked in the face of SO MANY GOBBOS. Probably could drop to 2 units of Spider Riders and fit something else in there. Maybe troll (which arn't technically goblins) But might be more of a block? I have 9 trolls now, they arn't all the same but Cave Trolls with a 4+/4+ might be nice.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:56 pm

Volley fire works much differently in 2.0....the days of 40 shots from a goblin block are gone. That being said, I really like the list. My suggestions would be to drop the shooters to 20 and add another combat block or another monster. Bridge trolls are my usual goto. The -1 to hit is fantastic.

League norm is 5000pts.....tournaments are usually 4500.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:06 pm

I will re read the Volley rule, and try a new list by chopping up some of the blocks. i find the -1 to hit isn't worth it, its like giving them an expensive Parry, as most things hit the WS 3 trolls on 3's anyways its just being bumped back to 4's. Bridge Trolls are cheaper, but the Cave also have MR3.

*sigh* not going to lie reading the 5000 points thing kind of ruined my day / killed my enthusiasm about this all over again. Hate changing rules for the sake of wanting to bring more models / a bigger list. House Rules suck, yeah yeah i get we all voted on this but its not my fault you all voted wrong.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm

It isnít house rules. You can play any size of game you want, our league decided we like 5000 points and so set that as our default. If you want to play 4500 just clear it with your opponent and youíre good to go.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum