Strigoi Vampire covenant

Go down

Strigoi Vampire covenant

Post  Kuyp on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:09 am

So although I have been enjoying the current setup I have been using I figured it was time to try something different for a bit. I'm using the strigoi bloodline for this one, although it's not strictly a strigoi theme per say

Vampire count, strigoi bloodline, flying horror, hypnotic pendant, heirloom, 2x hand weapon wizard apprentice, general the dead arise.
To this guys is not nearly as scary as valnerian was but still pretty decent in his own right. Has 4 wounds , regen 4 , can fly if he needs 7 (14), enemy units in base contact are minus one offense and defense, his unit gains parry and he is distracting. Can raise new units of zombies , heal wounds , and the first spell from shamanism.

Fredrick von hermanstine ( necromancer) wizard master , alchemy this time, arise, necromantic staff.
Same guy I have been using just different lore.

25 skeletons , full command, spears
25 skeletons, full command , spears
8 dire wolves
2 bat swarm
2 bat swarm
2 bat swarm
2 bat swarm

34 Ghouls, champion , vanguard
10 wraiths
30 barrow guard, great weapons, full command, banner of barrows
Alter of undeath
Varcolack
4 vampire swarm.

Thoughts ?

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strigoi Vampire covenant

Post  Kal on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:19 am

Hey Dom, honestly i want to give you my thoughts because you have been super helpful with my list. But honestly VC is a very unique army that you seem to have a great grasp on. So i am not sure how much help my opinions will be haha. But the bat swarms seem great, how many wounds do they each have? No more Vampire Knights or am i just missing their new name? I heard that they were super mean at the tourney. Why spears on the Skeletons? Just wondering, its not like they are super "Lethal" so parry might be more helpful.

On that note, can you res past your units starting wounds? Can TK? How many times can a unit get wounds back every turn? My army seems to only have a restriction on giving wounds back to "towering presence" models. not rank and file?

Anyways i do want a crack at the VC one day soon Wink
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:35 am

The bat swarm are great. Only 4 wounds each compared to 5 that other swarms have but they are also distracting and lower your off/ deff by one point for being in contact with them. They raise fast to.

Without getting into unique blood line Abbilties, any vampire and raise units of zombies beyond their starting value up to double, necromancer can do that for both zombies and skeletons.

I like the spears for the skeletons for more attacks , armour pen and since I can raise wounds back I prefer trying to cause damage rather then avoid taking it.

You are correct there are no vampire knights in this list, I have been enjoying playing with a unit that doesn't fear much in the game and packs a punch like no other.... that said I also want to try out some other builds.

On the raising of wounds....
Zombies gain 2d6 +4 per cast
Skeletons gain d6+4 per cast
Ghouls gain d6+4 per cast
Barrow guard are d3 + 4
Anything vampire, towering presence, wraiths , so on are pretty much all just 1 per cast
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:39 am

No Ghasts? They are pretty mean when paired with a corspe cart and ghouls. List looks solid enough, ghouls with a vampire look tough in 2.0, I'm interested to see how it works out.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:50 pm

Carson wrote:No Ghasts? They are pretty mean when paired with a corspe cart and ghouls. List looks solid enough, ghouls with a vampire look tough in 2.0, I'm interested to see how it works out.

I was thinking about ghasts rather then the vamp swarm, but I don't currently have any. I was talking to Dwayne and he may lend me some stuff to try out before I buy, can't decide what to spend my winnings on 😁
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:21 pm

Actually .... if I change the vamp swarm for ghasts and drop a skeleton I can give the vampire the touch of greatness weapon enchantment giving him strength 6 AP 3 !
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:30 pm

Ghasts are damned sexy.....if your undead.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:03 am

Wow, that is alot of raising wounds back! Barrow guard get a ton of wounds back! Tomb Guard only get 3, flat. I understand about the Vamp knights and am relieved until they return to the list, as i had no answers for them Wink haha
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum