Friday the 16th

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Friday the 16th

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:26 pm

I'd like to get in some more games before the league starts wrapping up. I'd like to play the Mercier boys, the Gonda clan, Stash, or anyone else.

Anyone up for a game or two next Friday?

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Friday the 16th

Post  nathanr on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:07 pm

I'd also like to play anyone in the above list (Andre I think I owe you a game still) so if any of you wanted a two-fer I could probably make that happen, I'm win-less with the dwarfs so it should be an easy W for you!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kendric on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:03 pm

The Gonda Clan minus Jordan will be there (so just me and my dad) and I am looking for a game around 7.

Kendric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:19 am

Sold.

Fight some Daemons.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:23 am

I was down there last weekend looking for games but I could stand and fight again this Friday. I will probably be there around 6 - 630 and if there are enough we can decide on games there. I will see if Dominique is busy.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:36 am

I ran it by my wife today and she seemed less than impressed but if I do manage to come it would only be for one game once the baby goes to bed (8:00). Will anyone be looking for games then or will everyone be done?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:14 am

Mhael wrote:I was down there last weekend looking for games but I could stand and fight again this Friday. I will probably be there around 6 - 630 and if there are enough we can decide on games there. I will see if Dominique is busy.

Yeah, apparently you guys left like 2 minutes before I got back after supper Sad

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:42 pm

I could stay later to play a game.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:36 am

Then I will be there to play you at or a bit before 8.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:02 pm

I have a bunch of dwarf figs or extra armament (cannon, stone thrower, two organ guns, flame cannon, and a bolt thrower) if you need, not that I like to see my ogres get shot to hell by turn two when I can do some damage back. How do you feel about playing a scenario my brother and I have tried, I have five dwarf wagons and the objective is to retain or capture as many as possible by turn six, each wagon has a personal contingent of three dwarf miners (11 pts per) deployed with each wagon and uses the miners stat sheet. You can upgrade blasting charges for 6 pts per, and add a prospector with drill. These count towards your point total but do not take up a special choice. Every wagon held at the end of the game is worth 100 pts. The main objective for the Dwarfs is bringing home the mined gold therefore 50 pts are scored for making it past the half line but only 25 for preventing/fleeing wagons (this is to make up for the ogres longer stride). We played a 2000 pt game that worked well.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:07 pm

I am still looking for an early game, I could possibly be there around 5 and if my day goes well I may just leave work even earlier. Dominique will be there as well Gonda clan if you want the undead army of desert plains to hound your dreams.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Sold Andre. I'll fight you at 5, Kendrick at 7, and any survivors if there's anyone there after that.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:35 pm

Daemons Ha HA! I accept your plight to attain a foothold in the Mountains of Mourn and I will crush you to a fine paste for my sup in the pass to the east!

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:48 pm

I'm in!
same Army, new tactics, and a better understanding of the game (i think).
i can be there any time after like 2 on Friday and can stay till latter.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Mhael wrote:I have a bunch of dwarf figs or extra armament (cannon, stone thrower, two organ guns, flame cannon, and a bolt thrower) if you need, not that I like to see my ogres get shot to hell by turn two when I can do some damage back. How do you feel about playing a scenario my brother and I have tried, I have five dwarf wagons and the objective is to retain or capture as many as possible by turn six, each wagon has a personal contingent of three dwarf miners (11 pts per) deployed with each wagon and uses the miners stat sheet. You can upgrade blasting charges for 6 pts per, and add a prospector with drill. These count towards your point total but do not take up a special choice. Every wagon held at the end of the game is worth 100 pts. The main objective for the Dwarfs is bringing home the mined gold therefore 50 pts are scored for making it past the half line but only 25 for preventing/fleeing wagons (this is to make up for the ogres longer stride). We played a 2000 pt game that worked well.

I won't be needing any extra figs, but if you want we can play that scenario. It might be nice to change it up from the standard pitched battle. Is the outcome only based on the wagons or do we add up victory points as well?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:31 pm

I won't be needing any extra figs, but if you want we can play that scenario. It might be nice to change it up from the standard pitched battle. Is the outcome only based on the wagons or do we add up victory points as well?

No we used the normal victory points as well, but that game had "other" things as well
i took the carts though a "mountain" on the table and when going though the mountain you had a line
of skeleton warriors and skeleton archers, and on a failed leadership test you woke up one group. (there were several groups and you had to pass a a test for each that you walked by). ti would have worked good but the dwarfs moved to slow to make it across the board for max points. His giant took 2 of 5 while i held on to the rest. i don't think we used table quarters because most of the other troops were in the center of the table.

was a good game but hard to maneuver around other troops, the carts had a movement of 4" BTW

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

friday 16th

Post  Ironwoulf on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:18 am

This is to confirm Kendric and I will be in for 7PM

Bring on the pain.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:13 am

All the normal victory points are still counted it more or less sets the tone and backdrop of the game. I will explain more clearly before we get started and then we can decide from there. See you later.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:09 pm

I won't have much time to adjust my army list before I come down to the den.

The "6 points per" that you said for blasting charges is per wagon right? I think in regular units of miners the cost for blasting charges is per unit not per model. So if I gave all the carts blasting charges it would cost 39 points per cart for a total of 195 points. I don't have the army book with me so correct me if I'm wrong!

If I don't manage to have time to adjust my list we may have to play a 2200 point game, just figure out a 200 point character or unit that you can include in your army if needed!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:05 pm

It would be 6 pts per wagon for blasting charges.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top