March Team tournament in Edmonton

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: March Team tournament in Edmonton

Post  Galadros on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:59 pm

Glad to hear you fellows are rallying for this. As this team format has evolved from my brain-child, perhaps I can clarify what you can expect. I'm sure I have explained this to Don and Carson before, but sometimes learning gets in the way! ;)

4 of you are a TEAM.
You cannot have any repeat races amongst the 4
You CAN have duplicated common magic items amongst your armies
Each round you will be matched against another team of 4
Through a match-up process described in Phil's player pack, you will determine which team members will play which opponent.
Then you break off and play your individual 1v1 battles
Your collective score is what matters at the end of the round (i.e. 20-0, 8-12, 5-15, and 18-2= collective score of 51-29) Get it?
This determines if you win the round
Most wins in 5 rounds over the weekend= the team that wins the event (Tie-breaker will be in score differential)

While there is a small nod towards the best individual scores for each race, the real prize is a team prize.

Painting is NOT required, but you know how I feel about that. There will still be a prize for best army presentation.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:22 am

Thanks Kieran, I would come to the OoTB tournament this month but I’m going to be in Montana.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Sorry to let you guys down but I'm not going to be able to be the fourth player for the group 😔
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:26 pm

I would really luv to play in this tourney but life is fully game blocking me right now.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:25 pm

Well, what do you want to do guys? Should we see if there’s a free agent we can pick up or are we cancelling?
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:32 pm

nathanr wrote:Well, what do you want to do guys?  Should we see if there’s a free agent we can pick up or are we cancelling?

Unless we can find a Ravening player Zach Bodnar could be the fourth. We'll see.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:27 am

I’d definitely be down to have Zack on the team
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:13 am

So after reading the player pack here are some important notes:

1. We need to submit our lists 10 days prior to the tournament.  That means we need to send in our lists on March 7 or earlier.
2. There is a specific format for lists outlined in the player pack.  If we submit our lists correctly, we get 40 bonus tournament points.
3. The lists will be available to read prior to the event so we can look at lists on our drive up to Edmonton if we want.
4. There are 40 players registered!
5. Magic items can be duplicated across army lists so no need to fight over who gets to take what.
6. 2.0 rules will be in effect.  I'm guessing that any hot-fixes or updates to those 2.0 rules will be used.
7. There are 2 best-painted prizes up for grabs.  One is for best painted army, the other is for best single model.  I'm not sure if the single model needs to be a part of your army, I'll try to find that out.

So, with that all said, lets get some real plans made!  Don, have you been in contact with Zack?  He's definitely welcome to join the team if he wants a spot.  I can type up the army lists in the correct format if everyone sends me their list.  Also, if we pay before Feb 17 we are eligible for an early-bird prize.  I'm nominating Don to be the team captain, I think that's who Phil has down for our team anyway.  You don't have to do anything special at all, you're just responsible for picking the match-ups and making sure we meet all the deadlines.

Last edited by nathanr on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:30 am

nathanr wrote:So after reading the player pack here are some important notes:

1. We need to submit our lists 10 days prior to the tournament.  That means we need to send in our lists on April 7 or earlier.
2. There is a specific format for lists outlined in the player pack.  If we submit our lists correctly, we get 40 bonus tournament points.
3. The lists will be available to read prior to the event so we can look at lists on our drive up to Edmonton if we want.
4. There are 40 players registered!
5. Magic items can be duplicated across army lists so no need to fight over who gets to take what.
6. 2.0 rules will be in effect.  I'm guessing that any hot-fixes or updates to those 2.0 rules will be used.
7. There are 2 best-painted prizes up for grabs.  One is for best painted army, the other is for best single model.  I'm not sure if the single model needs to be a part of your army, I'll try to find that out.

So, with that all said, lets get some real plans made!  Don, have you been in contact with Zack?  He's definitely welcome to join the team if he wants a spot.  I can type up the army lists in the correct format if everyone sends me their list.  Also, if we pay before Feb 17 we are eligible for an early-bird prize.  I'm nominating Don to be the team captain, I think that's who Phil has down for our team anyway.  You don't have to do anything special at all, you're just responsible for picking the match-ups and making sure we meet all the deadlines.

I'm sure you just mis-typed the list submission date, Nathan. It is MARCH 7th.

It would be worthwhile to have opponents lists available to you in advance. The match-up process will be made much easier because of it. It allows you to have a discussion amongst your team to estimate who they might each have a good or poor match-up against. Then, when the captain goes to the pre-battle table, he has a better chance of engineering something favourable for your team as a whole.
Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:30 pm

Yes, thanks Kieran. I definitely meant March 7th.

While I agree that studying the lists and trying for favorable match-ups would be good and something to strive for, I personally don't care who I face. That is probably the main reason why I don't want to be the team captain. So long as I don't play over half my games against essentially the same army list like I did at the last couple onslaughts I'm good.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:48 pm

And just like that - I'm out. Sad I have a work event that Friday night that I have to attend. I was actually looking forward to visiting and bringing back a trophy from those nice Alberta guys. Smile

BUT!! I was thinking in honour of not going to the March Madness team event that I would host a Saturday games day tourney instead! 3-4 games, $20 each, winner takes all!!! Food and drink provided...

....what say you?
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum