2.0 Winter League Battle Reports

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: 2.0 Winter League Battle Reports

Post  Josh b on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi everyone. It's Josh Brown here. Finally figured this thing out and whatnot. If anyone is looking for a game during the week this week, don't be shy and give me a shout.

Josh b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:17 am

Josh I could do a game tomorrow night
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh b on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:24 pm

yea i could do a game we looking at 2000 or 5000?

Josh b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:45 pm

2000pts. Your place or mine
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh b on Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:08 pm

your place if we could my house is a mess as we'renpacking it up

Josh b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:48 pm

Sounds good.
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh b on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:16 pm

can we say 730-8 ? adress?

Josh b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:40 pm

Sure. 218 coppermine. Side door
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh b on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:03 am

will do

Josh b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:12 pm

Josh and I squared off tonight playing refused flank with secure targets. Josh's dice hated him, dwarfs dispelled the magic he did get through, he failed a charge with great swords effectively blocking his knights from the combo charge, a unit of pistoliers ran up and shot the forest around my vengeance seeker and then he chased them down on my charge phase, the center combat lasted a few rounds with great swords and knights making it on the 2nd attempt but then getting charged in the rear from my remaining hold guardians and the front from a unit of handgunners to break the knights, which the handgunners ran down, lastly the hold guardians and greybeards took the great swords down and Josh extended his hand.

My dice were hot, I did fail 2 charges but I ran down a few units with box cars and Josh's empire brought foam swords.

Mvp to his rocket battery that put a massive hurt on my hold guardians before they could get into charge range

My mvp I will give to the vengeance seeker for jumping out of a bush and scaring his pistoliers to death then running to take out a second unit of knights with a flank charge.

Ended in a 22- 0 for me as I took secondary plus 2 for being painted. I forget if Josh was fully painted.
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh b on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:29 pm

i was not

Josh b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:15 pm

Sounds like Josh got his butt kicked.

As a matter of fact so did I last night affraid

I went to Pete's and our warbands clashed in nothing that resembled a titanic clash pale affraid

Pete Warriors of the Dark Gods vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods.

We played 2000pts - tourney warm-ups baby.

We rolled up the Counter-thrust Scenario with Spoils of War as the secondary.

Pete has a nice looking and very nasty Warriors of the Dark Gods Army - he went with the Favor of Pride while I took the Favor of Wrath.

Pete had a Magical Giant, Unit of Warriors with halberds, Warhounds, Barbarian Horsemen, unit of Chosen Knights and Apprentice Sorcerer that had the Magical Heirloom so he had 3 spells. I took the same list from my last report and I had Hellfire from my Giant and my icon of the Infinite which my Warriors possessed.

It was a quick battle. The battlefield had a hill on Pete's side and a forest and I had a ruin on my side.

He placed his Chosen Knights on his right between the forest and table edge with his Sorcerer behind them and the Warhounds in his center then his Giant on the far left with his Warriors of Pride and Barbarian Horsemen to the Giants right. I placed my Warriors across from the Chosen Knight, with my Giant on their right. Across from the enemy Giant I placed my Barbarian Horsemen and in the center I placed my block of Barbarians with my Chieftain as my General then my Warrior Chariot.

On turn one I moved forward and he decisively dispelled my attempts at magic. On his turn one he charged his Barbarian Horsemen into the flank of my Chariot I was not concerned about the Horsemen. He moved his Giant and Warriors up and chaffed up my Warriors with his Warhounds. In his magic phase he wiped out my Barbarian Horsemen with the Breath of Corruption from his Giant and his Sorcerer did 5 wounds to my Giant with the Hellfire spell. Ouch affraid In combat my Chariot did two wounds and the Horsemen held.
Turn two came and feeling the loss of my Horsemen and the imminent demise of my Giant I felt that I had to move. I charged my Giant into the Chosen Knights hoping to get lucky and slow them down, I did not want to sit in the open and get slapped with more Hellfire. My Barbarians charged the enemy barbarians engaged with my Chariot and my Warriors charged the Warhounds chaffing them. I had no magic as my spell units were in combat. My Giant was raped by the Chosen Knights as my Warriors tore through the Warhounds. My Barbarians took out the enemy Barbarians and my Chariot and Barbarians pivoted for future action. On his turn two his Chosen charged and failed onto the my Chariot and his Giant moved up to lash out with magic. In the following turn my Chariot and Barbarians charged his Warriors and my Warriors and the Chosen got into it. Despite the charge and both of my units going first I did not kill enough Warriors - I killed 8 I believe and while his Warriors did a wound tot he Chariot and killed 14 Barbarians. I broke and he ran down my Chariot. My Warriors did not fair well against the Chosen Knights. I had 24 attacks, had 18 hits but only got 1 unsaved wound through while 8 of my Warriors perished. I broke and was run down. In the following turn my remaining Barbarians were chased down....all done pale affraid pale

Pete's army list is solid and will do well in the tourney. His Chosen Knights command attention and then he still can slap you with the Warriors and magic. I don't think I really had anything that could match-up against his units. My Warriors are only strength 4 - that will change and my magic has S 7 hits but no AP. I needed to be on fire with my dice and I wasn't. Well done Pete - solid list and you played it really well.

Pete Warriors of the Dark Gods 17 vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 3
When I was wiped from the battlefield nobody had the secondary objectives.
Pete 19 vs Derek 5 both of us were fully painted.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:16 pm

My mvp I will give to the vengeance seeker for jumping out of a bush and scaring his pistoliers to death then running to take out a second unit of knights with a flank charge.

Did they kill the Pistoliers or scare them? Vengeance seekers don't cause Terror anymore. You'd be forgiven as the rules change constantly, but just making sure. Doesn't sound like it'd change the game much anyways, lol.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:32 pm

It was quite the clash that Derek and I had and I look forward to facing off against his tweaked list! (Great Weapon Wrath Warriors with Lightning reflexes...eep.) The battle was indeed quick and bloody and while I do feel like it's a very strong list and I played well, the dice were heavily in my favour from the get go. That first magic phase alone was devastating!

Also my warriors were actually armed with hand weapons and spiked shields, not halberds. I considered switching out for halberds but the spiked shields come at no cost and are definitely showing some value.

While technically everything I fielded was painted the Chosen Knights still need some highlighting done and several things need snow and grass on their bases so I don't think I can accept the fully painted points. Razz
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:24 pm

No he elected not to fight my seeker but my seeker ran faster than barry allen
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Fri May 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Nathan and I got a battle in last night at his place....I was looking for a little redemption but it has been a crazy busy week and I was exhausted and thought I was going to get run over.

Nathan R Sylvan Elves vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods

We played Counterthrust with Spoils of War as the secondary.

We had a fair amount of terrain. But only one large forest and of course Nathan placed a forest in his center. On my right I had some impassable terrain, The center was fairly open except the forest on Nathans side. There was a house and on my left there was a hill while on Nathans right there was a hill and I had a hill on my left also.

Nathan had his Prince on a Stag on his left behind a Tree Father, a unit of Archers on another small hill and two units of Knights - one was his Heavy Cav (more in the center by the Prince and the other some smaller fast cav on his far left. In his center in the forest he placed he put a unit of archers with his Sorcerer in the unit. To their right was another Tree Father and on his left he placed another unit of his heavy cav and two units of 10 dryads. The Wardancers were in the center near the Prince I believe right behind the Tree Father. Lastly he placed his scouts right in front of his archers in the center woods. I almost forgot his two Great Eagles on on each side of this magical forest.
Unlike last battle I spread out along the battlefield and did not overload in one area, I was thinking I as fast enough to get where I had to go. I had a unit of Warriors with Great Weapons, I placed my Sorcerer in the unit and next to them I placed my Knights and behind them my Magical Giant. While on my far left I had my Forsworn and to their right I had my Feldraks and to their right on a small hill I had a unit of 10 Warriors with paired weapons. On the right of this unit I had a Warrior Chariot and they had the Wasteland Torch Banner. To the right of my large block of 15 Warriors of Wrath with my Sorcerer I had a Warrior Chariot, then a unit of 15 Barbarians and then my Lord on a Black Steed. On my far right I had a unit of Barbarians Horsemen.

So once again my plan was to get across the battlefield as fast as possible and I was relived to see fewer archers than last time. I was planning of frying some elves with Hellfire. My Sorcerer had the Hellfire Spell, my Giant had the Hellfire Spell and I put the Icon of the Infinite Banner on my Warriors which gives then the Hellfire Spell as a Bound Item. It works against chaff and Elves Laughing 2 D3 S7 or 2 D6 S7. The Wasteland Torch Banner on the other Warrior unit gave then Strider and turned a selected forest into Ruins for the battle. So the forest that magically appeared which contained the Scouts, archers, sorcerer and Tree Father was now a Ruins Laughing Evil or Very Mad

Turn one I moved everything up except my Barbarian Horseman I sort of just squared off against the Elf Fast Cav across from me. My first magic phase was awesome, I got Hellfire off and wiped out the Scouts, nasty buggers with AP3 bows, then with another Hellfire I took out a Great Eagle.
Elves turn one saw some movements, he chaffed my Knights with his other Great Eagle (the Eagle did not last long) and his magic did not do much.The Archers were not that scary and I only lost a couple of troops. turn two came and I made a few charges. My Chariots charged Elves on both sides of the battlefield, while my Feldraks failed a charge. Magic was not great for this turn or the next few turns...I rolled poorly and Nathan dominated in the dispel mode. Combat was good for me. Both Chariots won their combats and overran. One Chariot failed to catch the archers they defeated (caught them next turn) and the other chariot overran into the Wardancers. On the next Elf turn he made his move. His Elf prince charged my Lord, his Treekin/Wraith things (two units) charged my Forsworn and a unit of heavy cav and a tree Father charged my unit of 10 Warriors. The Forsworn smiled at the trees and took one wound while killing 8 and winning combat and chased them. The Cav and Tree Father ripped apart the Warriors with the Warriors only doing a couple wounds. On my right his Light Cav Charged my Barbarian Horsemen and the Barbarians with paired weapons bitch slapped the Elves killing three of them and chasing the survivors. To end the combat phase the Elf Prince came flying in with 9 attacks, but my Lord was not phased and drank a potion of swiftness to attack back at the same time. The Elf Prince did three wound but all were saved (The Lord had a 1+ Armour and 4+ Regeneration) and had 6 Strength 8 Attacks back and killed the Prince outright. Solid turn for the Dark Gods.
Next turn the Wardancers only did a wound to the chariot and lost combat but held and my magic was poor. The turn after that the Tree Father charged the flank of my chariot but the chariot held Laughing Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil My Lord later charged the Tree Father beat hi in combat and chased him, not catching him. Both the Tree Father and the Lord ended up in the Ruins and did not move for a few turns Shocked
My Knights pivoted and charged the Tree Father that had killed the Warriors and my Forsworn mopped up the far left flank and killed hose tree things. The Knights killed the Tree Father and overran towards the left flank and killed some archers. I forget how the other unit of Heavy Elf Cav died but I believe it was Hellfire magic. the Elf magic and Archers unleashed on my Giant and by the time he charged the remaining Tree Father he had only one wound left, but he did not get to even attack as the Lord on the Dark Steed finished off the Tree Monster. His Sorcerer and unit of archers teleported to the other forest near my remaining Barbarians, who had been chewed up by bows all battle. I could not charge the unit but I unleashed as much hellfire that i could on it. in the end the Elf Sorcerer survived, he was wounded but lived and I believe only one Archer from the unit was left.

I had a couple of good turns and that first round of magic was huge. My Feldraks and Giant never saw battler but my Lord more than made up for that by butchering the Elf Prince and Tree Father. The Elf Heavy Cav comes in hot and fast with a huge amount of attacks but only Strength 4 which helped me a lot. Also the Elf Commander in Chief rolled a lot of 2's. Laughing The expendable units did what they were supposed to do and died like they were intended...it went much better for me than I had hoped.

Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 16 vs Nathan Sylvan Elves 4
Derek got the secondary
Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 19 vs Nathan Sylvan Elves 3 (Nathan was fully painted)
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sat May 05, 2018 12:50 am

Hey All,

Josh came over and we got a battle in tonight.

Josh   Empire of Sonnstahl   vs    Derek   Warriors of the Dark Gods

We played the Dawn Assault Scenairo with Spoils of War Secondary.

Not much terrain, a building on the left center and on the far right in my corner was a water feature, a hill and a small forest.

Josh had his regular army with 2 large blocks of knights, a huge block of spearmen, halberds and a nasty unit of Imperial Guard with a Prelate.

We were pretty much across from each other except he did not deploy all the way up. Whereas I naturally did to get into combat early.
Turn one saw my Lord take two wounds from shooting...ack....now my plan was for him to get into combat asap.
I did not get much magic off in the battle as my Giant and Sorcerer were in combat and that limited what they could do. I did manage to get the Rot Within off on the Imperial Guard twice so that helped a lot. Key events include his Imperial Guard getting an overrun charge on my warriors with my Sorcerer. I did  15 wounds and he did 11, wiping out my entire unit except for my Sorcerer, I won combat and the Imperial Guard ran Very Happy Another key moment was his unit of Heavy Cav with BSB getting a charge on the flank of my Lord on a Black Steed. My Lord said "Nay" and ripped apart the Knightly Champ and won combat but the Knights held until the following turn when my Barbarian Horsemen got a flank charge and killed a couple of Knights - luv those 1's Very Happy .
Turn 6 was the key to the battle. He got a long flank charge off on my Forsworn....ack...he rolled a 10 but his Spearmen were counting 7 (3 ranks, rear, super rear and a banner) going into the combat affraid  The Forsworn did not take a wound but only two could attack and they only did 6 wounds, I failed my Stubborn 8 roll and they were chased down on the last turn. With that he took 600+ points and got the secondary affraid affraid

In the end it was a draw. I got 76% of his army and he got 75% of mine. Fun battle, once again the shooting was a huge threat but I was fortunate to engage the shooters quickly. I also killed his Sorcerer on turn three, well he fled combat and never rallied Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Josh   Empire of Sonnstahl   10   vs    Derek  Warriors of the Dark Gods  10
Josh got the Secondary
Josh Empire of Sonnstahl  13   vs    Derek  Warrirors of the Dark Gods   7
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Mon May 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Nathan A. had me over for an afternoon battle against his Dread Elves yesterday. He set up his table in the backyard as the weather was too perfect not to enjoy being outside.

"

We played the Dawn Assault deployment, the Dread Elves deciding against ambushing while the Warriors electing a Barbarian Horseman unit....that never saw the table. Razz The secondary was spoils of war but so much time was spent maneuvering and scrapping around the spoils that neither army could capture them.

With my Hellmaw gates in place Nathan fully deployed his army after only a couple drops and opted for first turn.

While the Elven shooting was firing many a miss, in particular with the bolt throwers that killed maybe 4 warriors all game, the Sorceress dominated the first few turns of the magic phase, giving my Sorcerer a -2 to cast, messing with my movement plan, and with the help of two Binding Scrolls preventing most of my magical efforts. Pushes forward were made on both sides and cjaff and charges were set up.

Units from both sides began sweeping across the table as several units flee or are destroyed, his Dragon and Hydra pushing through the center, comboing with another unit into my Forsworn and breaking them before splitting off, Tower Guard and Raptor Riders to the flank dealing with the Chosen Chariot that refused to die or stop killing the Tower Guard. It did finally come down, along with the giant but not before killing off the Tower Guard and Raptor Riders, the Elven BSB the only surviving memeber on either side in the quadrant. By this time my magic was starting to hit hard, dealing 4 wounds to the Elven Dragon and much more to other units. My Warriors had teleported across the table using my Hellmaw gate making a unit of Legionnaires flee and turning around to crush some Crossbowmen with the Sorceress that had forgotten to leave the unit and a Bolt Thrower. The Hellmaw was slain by the Hydra and the gates all closed, dealing some damage to the surrounding units. My Chosen Knights were making it across the field and despite losing a combat and fleeing they turned around to sweep the field of both Legionnaires units.

With few units left on the table my Sorcerer was able to finish off the Dragon Lord as well as another Bolt Thrower, the victory assured for the Warriors and a wagered die aquired. Wink

Some details were surely missed but the end result was 15 - 5 for Peter's Warriors of the Dark Gods, Nathan being fully painted bringing it to 15-7. Thanks again for the great game and hospitality Nathan!
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon May 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Yeah it was definitely a fun game. Both of us were showing the rust of having not played in a while, making bad decisions and straight up forgetting things, important things Razz

On another note I really need to figure out how to play my Dragon Lord. I'm never quite sure what to do and it always seems to cost me.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon May 07, 2018 2:49 pm

Nathan.A. wrote:Yeah it was definitely a fun game. Both of us were showing the rust of having not played in a while, making bad decisions and straight up forgetting things, important things Razz

On another note I really need to figure out how to play my Dragon Lord. I'm never quite sure what to do and it always seems to cost me.

I don't think you're doing too much wrong (I think), but Dragon characters are such a big risk/rewards that it probably plays out on either end like it should. Unless you're never, ever getting your points back?
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Mon May 07, 2018 5:20 pm

Jealous...a battle in the sun....I spent the day raking my backyard...two big dogs affraid bigs mounds of fertilizer affraid

Sounds like a great battle was waged and and the Righteous Warriors of the Dark Gods came out on top but only just. That Dread Elf Dragon and Tower Guard unit have laid waste to many a foe.

I'm inspired and will attempt an outdoor battle in the near future. Very Happy
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun May 13, 2018 10:05 am

had 2 games yesterday with my new (again) Ogres. Played Josh and his Empire. Josh crushed my Soul the last time we met on the Battlefield, but it seems it was to be my day. The game swung in my favour when I rolled a 3? with my Great Khan unit on a break test, giving the rest of my army the opportunity to slowly consume the rest of Josh's Empire. 19-1 for me.

In the next game against Andre and his short Dwarf people, I think Josh had given him some intel as it went completely the opposite. I failed the majority of my turn 2 charges, taking away my ever important Impact hits and the stubborn short dudes countered and picked away at my fat Ogres. The Hold Guardians impressed me with their damage output - they seem to be much better than I remember them. I hope Andres Dwarfs can erase this from their grudge book and we can go forward amicably. Smile I think it was 22-2 for Andre (I think he was painted, can't remember)
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Mon May 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Games Day at Carson's was a blast....well I was only there for a couple of hours but I luv being around a bunch of battles being played.

The ebb and flow, the unexpected occurrences, the mistakes, the victories....loads of fun.

Its great that Andre is having one on the 26th and I will do my best to attend.

I do know that Josh is looking to have one in June in his brand new big garage Very Happy

I think you could call me a fan boy Very Happy
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon May 14, 2018 3:21 pm

Yeah the thing I find hard is trying to quantify qualitative things like 18" discipline and board control, as well as things like drawing attention etc. I also tend to be second guess my strats halfway in, which really dampens her effectiveness.

As far as points go she never makes back her points, or rather rarely does. What I would like to find out is if there's a way I can get all the positive qualitative benefits while also having her get her points back, or even go into the positive +/-, but then again I might just be dreaming.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon May 14, 2018 8:29 pm

Get in hard and fast....at least that what Don tells me when were alone together.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum