2.0 Winter League Battle Reports

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2.0 Winter League Battle Reports

Post  Derek on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi All,

Had my first 2.0 League battle last night and it was loads of fun.

Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods (Lust) vs Josh Empire of Sonnstahl

This game took along time as I was building my army list from scratch and had not played a 2.0 battle.

We played the Frontline clash and the secondary was Secure Target. We battled at Josh's place on his new table that he built....mine is almost completed, just have to cut some wood as my 8' table top is a bit too big for my gaming area.

Anyway after a brief scan of the new Marks...uhm....Favours I chose the Favour of Cibaresh, God of Lust (Models with this Favour gain Strider. Enemy units
suffer -1 Offensive Skill)...well I will say right now it really helped out in the battle.
My army consisted of some heavy hitters Lord, BSB, Sorcerer, Warriors, Chosen Warriors, Feldraks, Barbarians and 2 Chosen Chariots.

I will admit I selected Chosen Chariots as I simply did not see the less power Warrior Chariots in my army list lol....but they pack a punch and can kill humans Laughing

For the first time in over 10yrs I leaned on magic a bit....I wanted to see what the new book could do. I took a Wizard Master of Occultism with the Magical Heirloom and Dragon Staff. So he knew 5 spells and had a breath attack. This helps as the sorcerer does not seem as tough as he used to be.

Josh had a nice Empire army with a wizard master also and a lot of infantry.

Deployment was an issue for both of our armies. The battlefield had two large forests on the left with a large ruins a bit off to the center and on the right there were two large hills. The secondary objectives were spaced evenly on the left and right between the hills and forests. I deployed mostly on the right flank with my Barbarians on my far right and my left I placed my Warriors with BSB and my Mounted Barbarians. Josh countered me with the bulk of his infantry in the center, his war machines on the hills his knights on his right by the trees and handgunners on each flank. I felt I was out of position and his knights were poorly placed and he knew it but he did not have anywhere else to place them.

I took turn 1 and marched forward....I gotta get into combat before he shoots the hell out of me. My Mounted Barbarians vanguarded towards the center of the battlefield. Magic was nothing as I was pretty much out of range...I think I killed 1 handgunner. On his turn one he moved up his Flagellants and spearmen and halberds and moved his knights a bit and shot me up where he could. I got lucky and the cannons and mortar missed.

On turn two I charged a chariot into his Halbards and got lucky as I needed an 11. The Mounted Barbarians charged a cannon and made it also and everything else moved up. Once again I killed a couple of handgunners with magic and did some wounds on his other cannon. In combat that Chosen Chariot kicked some ass and did like 1 wounds...his Halberds were steadfast but he rolled a 10 and broke....next to them the Mounted Barbarians killed the cannon and I had broken his line. His Halberds breaking was huge and really changed the entire battle right there. On his turn he charged my feldraks with his flagellants and moved his other units to support. His cannon did a couple of wounds to a chariot but he Chosen chariots have 5 HPs so that is a bonus. Magic did not much as I dispelled most of his stuff. I thought my Feldraks were toast as the flagellants have been tooled up and are a nasty unit. He did 5 wounds and won combat by 4...but I rolled a solid 5 - General not far away...and josh was a bit upset.

On turn three my Chosen Warriors with my General charged hi flagellants, my mounted barbarians charged another cannon and my other units moved a bit while on my left flank my large unit of warriors reformed to face some knights while his mounted pistoliers circled around the back of them. Magic was not strong again and in combat my Chosen Warriors killed a whole bunch of flagellants but they held with only 4 souls remaining. On his turn he charged his spearmen into my Chosen and his mortar killed 15 barbarians. Again magic did not do much as I was able to dispel what he threw down. In combat my Chosen Warriors ripped his spearmen apart and they broke while the last of the flagellants died. I did not run them down.

Turn 4 I was able to kill off the last of his warmachines and handgunners with a combo of chariots and mounted Barbarians. I got a the Breath of Corruption off on my Lord which was perfect as His Knights Charged into them. Alas in that combat I did not do well and lost and passed my break test but I totally forgot about the Breath which would have been deadly and would have changed the combat totally. His Wizard Master also flank charged my Chosen and he killed my Chosen Champion. On the left his knights and mounted pistoliers charged my warriors. The Warriors killed all the Mounted Pistoliers and a couple of knights and the knights fled and I failed to catch them.

So turn 5 happened. My Chosen Chariot charged the flank of the Wizard Master, his Knight Commander is pretty nasty and his knights won combat and chased down my General and Chosen Warriors. My other chariot killed some more handunners and spearmen. Oh and I do believe that my Lord killed his General...weak Empire Generals bah...

Last turn was pretty much just mopping up actions. I finally killed his knights and Knight Commander with the last of my Feldraks and Barbarians and I took the secondary objectives.

This battle was really swayed when I so earlier killed his halberds with my chariot and terrain and deployment issues hampered the rest. Magic is more of an issue in this new 2.0 but I found it manageable to maintain in regards to dispelling spells.
Magic Banners dont appear to be a big thing....one use only and very specific banners are available but the number of them seems to be very reduced.
I luv the new Warriors of the Dark Gods...the favours make you think and the armies will be small as the points cost seem very high for models. But they pack a punch as before. The Knight Commander was his MVP while the Dark Gods seem to have favoured the Mounted Barbarians the most.

Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 16 Josh Empire of Sonnstahl 4
I go the secondary 19 - 1

Looking forward to getting more battles in.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.0 Winter League Battle Reports

Post  Kuyp on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:11 pm

Dom vrs Carson
19-1 win for Dom

Dom vrs petter
13-7 win for petter

Dom vrs Josh
20-0 win for Dom

Dom fully painted all three games

Well I kind of dropped the ball here as I fully intended to do up some battle reports again but I forgot the memory card for the camera ....

Things to look out for in the vamps ..
Vampire knights as always , still the same killing machines they have always been .
Alter of undeath can get pretty intense late game
OMG VAMPIRE COUNT WITH BROTHERHOOD OF THE DRAGON !!! Stay away stay far far away 😮
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Saturday at Carson's marked my first battles with the new 2.0 rules and WDG army. I played three games, facing uniquely different armies which was awesome for testing how my new list fairs under different circumstances.

The first battle was against Josh's Empire forces. Seeing two cannons and a mortar concerned me, I had to get into combat and fast. We played Breakthrough secondary and the new Dawn Assault deployment type. I selected my marauder horsemen for reinforcements while Josh chose a solid block of knights. Those knights, however, did not manage to make it onto the table until turn four, which was huge, allowing me to push forward without a big flank threat. Most of this match just seemed to go in my favour. The dice gods were kind to me but not so much to the Empire, his artillery having great trouble connecting with their targets. I tested out the new Giant with a Colossal Cleaver and i have to say, that beast tears through R&F, as Josh's Spearmen now know. My Flayers and Warhounds survived long enough to harass the more powerful threats and gave the rest of my army free reign to crush the remaining humans, although would have had a harder time if Orders were given, alas they were forgotten several times. I did make an error thinking that cavalry were not standard size and questioned use of a particular armor enchantment on the Empire wizard. Sorry about that one, Josh. Something that caught me off guard was how badass the Empire General was. If a couple things had gone differently I imagine he would have done serious damage.

End Result: Win for Peter's WDG, 20 - 0, Can't remember if Josh's army was fully painted but mine wasn't.

My second game was a Breakthrough again versus Dom's Vampires of which I was both excited and frightened to play having never fought VC. Well, I learned several things during this fight. 1. The army is cool as hell. 2. Vampire Characters and Knights are some of the most devastatingly things I have ever fought, if not the most so. 3. Bat Swarms are pure awesome. 4. I dislike dealing with wraiths. A lot. Magic was not treating me overly well through most of the game but in the end it saved the day along with two stalwart warriors in the Vampire deployment zone. Dom outchaffed me hard and set me up for some rough situations that left me feeling defeated not even halfway through the game as my General and his 5 strong Chosen Knights block were decimated by the Vampire General and his Knights, my Forsaken One was lost to another knight unit (I think it was them...) and my Forsworn ran away from...Zombies. Things started to turn around as my barbarian horsemen, warriors and Giant tore their way through an Altar of Death that was starting to get powerful, many zombies and even more skeletons, ending the Necromancer and Barrow king along with them. At the last moments my sorceror managed to kill off enough vampire knights to bring points to a draw and remove the scoring troops from my deployment zone. Very little was left on the table from either side.

Result: Win for Peter's WDG, 13-7, Dom fully painted so 13-9

Later that evening Patrick came by for a match with his Saurian Ancients rocking two Taurosaurs that now kick ass even harder with Swiftstride. We played a pitched battle with King of the Hill secondary, a forest and hill near the center were the hold points. This game started with the Saurians dominating, one Taurosaur obliterating my Forsaken One and the other holding up my Chosen chariot. A failed Charge by my Lord out of his unit left them useless for the turn, and my forsworn alone in a combat they were lucky not to die in. They did end up getting cut apart but my Lord avenged them and mowed the Caimans down My Chosen Chariot was chased away with a single wound remaining by the now two Taurosaurs engaged with him. The Chariot should not have survived at all let alone as long as it did. After a very long pursuit move a big block of Saurus with BSB exposed their flank to my Chosen Knights and got ground down over several combats. By this time my Flayers had managed to panic his Skinks away and along with my warhounds managed to chaff a big block of Raptor riders with the General into a position that gave my Chosen knights an opportunity to charge. My giant ended up in combat with his skink priest on a Taurosaur, both creatures murdering each other simultaneously. The giant unleashed 12 attacks with battle focus as he only had one wound left. I will be taking this guy again for sure.

Result: Win for Peter's WDG, 19-1, Neither fully painted.

Strong start to the league for the Warriors! The games all went pretty smoothly rules wise, some forgetting and mistakes here and there but not as many issues as I thought would come up. I like most of what I've used from the new Warriors book so far and will probably stick with it or a similar build at least until the tournament is over. Thanks again for having me over Carson and to Josh, Dom and Patrick for the fun games!
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:06 am

Another great gamesday at Carson's...thanks dude.

Derek Warriors of he Dark Gods vs Carson Vermin Swarm

We had a front line clash deployment and the secondary was King of the Hill.

The Vermin Swarm was deployed largely deployed on his right while I deployed across from him. This was due to both of the chosen terrain features (hills) being on that side of the battlefield.

It was a bloody battle and I think I underestimated the Vermin Swarm Characters.

On my right flank my Forsworn took out a large block of Slaves after my Mounted Barbarians had smashed into them. Both the Mounted Barbarians and the Forsworn were whittled down by some large rats with a Naptha Cannon (I think that's whats it called)...its nasty. But eventually my Forsworn engaged them and broke them.
On my left flank my Feldrak Elder a warrior chariot and a unit of feldtaks squared off against the large Vermin Wheel, the Abomination, some globadiers and some jezzal guns. I got lucky when the Screaming bell miscast on turn one and did nothing for the rest of the battle and on turn two the warp lighting cannon misfired.
My Warrior Chariot got off a long charge and took out the Vermin Wheel...awesome...then overran off the battlefield. When it came back on it was flanked by the globadiers and that did it in. My Feldrak Elder got charged by the Abomination and survived a couple rounds of combat but it took 4 wounds in the first round of combat and could not recover. My Fledraks killed some slaves but then got flanked by the Abomination...which worked out well, after taking a couple of wounds they killed the abomination...then a mistake was made as they did not reform and were then flanked by the globadiers which are nasty with their toxic attacks.
In the center was where the really important battles took place. My Warriors with halberds got charged by the clanrats. Normally I like the Warriors here, especially since the BSB and General were in the unit. However, the Vermin Assassin is nasty.....first round of combat he killed at least 8 warriors by himself...he has 3 D6 attacks and has a 4 Aegis save. My warriors did some nasty wounds back and actually won combat three turns in a row but he would not break. In the end all the warriors died except the Lord who survived the battle.
To the right of this the Screaming Bell unit engaged the Barbarians block (with Sorcerer) and my Chosen Chariot. I like the Chosen Chariot. Once again the Servants of the Dark won the first three rounds of combat but the rats would not break. In the first round of combat I killed over twenty rats...good lord. In the end the Barbarians killed all the rats except the Lord and Meatgrinder but perished. Since all the scoring units were killed on that side of the battlefield neither of us took the secondary.

Great Battle....magic was not too prominent but we both got off the breath weapon spell at least once and used it in combat - the barbarian vs screaming bell combat.

Carson Vermin Swarm 13 - Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 7

Really liking the Warriors bookand looking forward to more battles.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:03 pm

Josh and i squared off yesterday. Eos vs ok. Marching columns with secure target secondary.

Honestly terrain was the big winner this game. I had a cliff and a building which caused me to squeeze my units to fit through and josh had an impassable piece in front of the cliff to contend with. This led to us not deploying or moving the way we normally would have as there were 2 narrow gap channels.

Josh had some difficulty early with his war machines and pistoliers. My general's unit took a bad charge and i learned that the banner of discipline doesnt work the way i thought. With my bsb forced to the 2nd rank to make squeeze move through channel i lost the ability to reroll a few leadershio tests causing me to lose a unit of bombadiers through 2 ld tests and my general's unit which i believe got run down.

My other unit of bruisers did some nice clean up, bowl over a spear block finish off the detatchment, turn and flank charged a unit of knights with a giant coming from the front...Josh smartly elected to flee bouncing through a channel over rnf halberds and peasant crazies to save the unit.

Magic was a slight edge for me i would say even though Josh did get some early buffs off that helped greatly in combat.

We split secondary and neither was fully paintef. Ended in a 12 to 8 win for ogres
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Josh and I had a Battle last night lots of fun.

Josh B Knights of Sonnstahl vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods

We played the Encirclement Scenario with Breakthrough as the secondary objective.

We did random terrain and I ended up having a lot on my side of the battlefield. There were two large impassable terrain items, a hill and a forest in my deployment zone and only one hill in Josh's. He deployed mostly around his hill with a cannon, mortar and knights on his right centerish flank.
I countered the bulk of his army with a Chosen Chariot and a Warrior Chariot, a Feldrak Eldar, some Feldraks with my barbarians in the center on my left flank I had my warriors and Forsaken and mounted barbarians. I had my General and BDB in my warriors way on my left totally out of the battle.

Well Encirclement meant an different sized deployment zone and things were wonky to say to least. His Knights with his Knight Commander (General) charged my mounted Barbarians that vanguarded, they fled and the knights redirected into my Feldraks. The Feldraks did well and survived until turn 5...they broke a couple of times but the Knights just could never seem to catch them. His magic and guns did 4 quick wounds to my chosen chariot and 2 to my warrior chariot. On his right his other knights charged into my warrior chariot and took it out. Did I mention that I took first turn and marched up and did only one wound to a gunner with magic.
My Feldrak Elder was nasty when he charged into a unit of handgunners....he took a wound on the way in but the real reason I charged there was to kill the Empire Sorcerer that was on a horse behind the gunners. Josh immediately saw this and was very upset with himself. Josh had moved his Spearmen block, Halberd block and Flagellent block forward but I had this one opening and took it. I also got very lucky on turn two when I got an augmented Marked for Doom spell off and did three wounds to his General, he had a 5+ Aegis save and did not make any. So in one turn I took out his General and Sorcerer, that really changed the battle.
The MVP for my Army was my Mounted Barbarians, in this battle they took out all three warmachines and some handgunners, they did very well. Overall my two main units simply were poorly deployed, i thought Josh was going to spread out more and my Warriors and Forsaken simply moved across the battlefield with the intent to get the secondary. However, Josh was able to kill the Feldrak Elder through a combination of cannon fire and flagellants while his Knights Halberds and Spearmen broke my center and right flank and took the secondary with more scoring units than I had left.

Josh B Empire of Sonnstahl 10 vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 10
Josh got the Secondary

Josh 13 Derek 7
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:16 am

Nathan A. had me over last night for a good ol' scrap between his Dread Elves and my Warriors of the Dark Gods. We played 4500 points in preparation for the tourney. Refused Flank deployment and the new Spoils of War secondary.

The Elves were given first turn, positioning themselves for the coming onslaught and hindering the movement of my Forsworn and Chosen Knights led by my General. The Elves must have been quite rusty, however, as a miscast resulted in some casualties on his Legionnaires(?) bunker and the Reaper Bolt Throwers both missed their targets, many repeater crossbow shots followed in similar fashion. The entire Warriors army marched forward in response except for a unit of Flayers that had a standoff against some Raptor Riders blocking passage to the Reapers. Two successful damage spells from Evocation managed to snipe out the Dread Elf Oracle, killing her first turn and skewing the Elven plan hard.

These poor first turn dice rolls for the Elves would set the precedent for the rest of the game as the Elves would continue to whiff the majority of their shooting attacks and often would come up just 1 short when attempting to dispel. After a Hydra made some Warhounds flee in terror a unit of Harpies swooped in to prevent the enemy Forsworn and Chosen Knights from advancing forward. Dark Raiders held up some Barbarian Horsemen on the flank for a couple turns before being destroyed, a small block of 10 Warriors waiting behind the combat to take one of the tokens afterwards. The Raptor Riders decided to make a move but bad luck struck the Elves again as the WDG Flayers swept past them causing a wound and reducing their Dis by 1, the following magic phase causing enough wounds to force a panic test that they failed and never recovered from.

Two huge monsters, a Forsaken One and a Giant charged towards the tough Tower Guard unit with a BSB, the Elves only managing 4 wounds to the Giant. In retaliation he unloaded on the BSB just managing to cleave him in twain, leaving the Tower Guard no longer stubborn and without rerolls, auto breaking from the large amount of wounds cause by Giant stomps and the Forsaken One. After chasing them down the Elven General atop a fierce Dragon and Hydra swooped in and slew the Forsaken one, the Hydra overrunning into the Giant. That partcular combat grew as my Forsworn charged the Hydra, the Legionnaires charged my Giant's rear and the Dragon mounted General charged against the Forsworn. The giant was immediately slain but it didn't take long for the Forsworn with great weapons to finish off the remaining wounds in the Hydra and Dragon.

Meanwhile my Chosen Knights and General made quick work of a 20 strong repeater crossbowmen unit who even after scoring 23 hits of shooting still could not manage to wound. Restraining pursuit, they pivoted to set themselves up for a charge into the Legionnaires, finishing them off and leaving only two Reaper Bolt Throwers left on the Elven side with 2 turns remaining to finish them off.

Final Result: 20 - 0 for Peter's WDG, neither of us were painted.

As much as I would like to chalk this decisive victory solely up to my great tactical prowess, I can't express enough how poorly the dice treated Nathan and his Dread Elves. Losing the only source of magic in turn one is painful enough without the wrath of the dice gods. Thanks again to Nathan for hosting, always a pleasure to play you! Gotta admit it, though, it feels good to not get my ass kicked by you for once. ;P
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Had a game today with Sean - my Daemons vs. his Ogres. 4500 points and first 2.0 game!

I crushed him - next opponent please! Smile

Seriously though, it didn't work well for Sean, but our noses were in the book for rules and his magic didn't get a chance to play a part in the game. I had zero magic, with only one dispel (which plays differently) and still didn't feel out-classed. What lost him the game was my Scourge of Wrath and full BSB Slaughter unit hitting his BSB Maneater unit after he ate my Sirens. I dissolved a few areas of the board and even before turn 3, he was only going to delay the inevitable and stuck his hand out. 20-0 for me - neither fully painted. I flew my Scourge into his BSB and after the challenge I didn't do a single wound! Embarrassing for sure. Very Happy

We're going to try again this week and get a game in Friday night before the event.

Last edited by squalie on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:14 pm

Are Friday night games going to be a thing? Id come out for those!
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:28 am

Was a good game, definitely the learning experience i needed before the tourney,

Got a new list planned all out, going to try more conventional list.

Definitely would be in for coming to Saskatoon on the Friday for another practice game or 2 before the tourney!
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:06 pm

I do believe there will be friday night games
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Yesterday at 3:44 pm

Andre and I had a battle last Thursday...geez I gotta reported these quicker. lol.

Andre Ogre Khans vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods.

I frustrated Andre early by having us use the random terrain rules...this combined with our Encirclement Scenario really meant that the battlefield was split into two East/West quarters. The secondary was Capture the Flags - so kill the scoring units. This worked for me as all his units except his two Giants were scoring while I only had 4 scoring units.

So deployment really was key in this battle. Andre dropped his entire army first and was the Attacker. He deployed 9" from the center on each left and right flank. On his right he placed 2 units of 4 Bombadiers (Ogres with handheld Cannons) and 2 Giants. While on his left he placed 2 large units of Ogres, one had his BSB and Sorcerer and the other had his Khan. Behind these units he placed 2 units of Ogres with Ironfists. He placed no units in his center...there was a lot of terrain, mostly woods, but some ruins and buildings and even a water feature on my side of the battlefield. In response to this I placed my entire army on my right flank as far up as I could, facing his two large units of Ogres... I completely ignored his Cannon Ogres and Giants....My plan was to overwhelm his 4 scoring units on the right flank and take that secondary. On my far right I had my Feldrak Elder then Warrior Block with General and BSB, then Forsaken, Chosen Chariot, Barbarians with Sorcerer (hiding almost entirely in a forest), then Warrior Chariot, then Feldraks and almost in my center were my Mounted Barbarians.

On turn one he moved up a bit and in magic I dispelled one spell but then he got one off, forget the name, but it did D6 or 2D6 attacks at S4 to all units within 24"...which was my entire army Shocked . Luckily most of my units are Resilience 5 and have some type of Armour Save...despite this he still killed a warrior, did a wound on the Feldrak Elder, on a Feldrak and killed a couple of Barbarians. Fortunately for me that would be his best magic phase of the entire battle Laughing On my turn one I moved everything up, measuring so that if he charged me it would be a mighty long charge. My Feldraks in my center/right moved up the most....my plan was to use their awesome speed to get into combat before those Giants and Ogres on my left came into play. In magic he let my Hereditary spell go but it is not much 2D6 S2 AP2...tough one against Ogres...I tried Marked for Doom against his sorcerer, it worked really well against the Empire General in my last battle:lol: but he saw the evil in that spell and dispelled it...but I did get the Rot Within off on his Sorcerers Units Laughing

Turn two and Three were mostly about maneuvering for the later turns. Andre moved his Ogres back while I moved up while on his right he kept shooting me with his Cannon Ogres and moving his Giants closer. My units had cover from trees and ruins and his shooting was not effective. I was able to curtail the effectiveness of his magic by letting the little spells go through - my Res 5 on most of units helped a lot here. My Mounted Barbarians swung across the battlefield and chaffed up his large unit of Ogres with his Sorcerer and BSB, but he would not charge them, because if his overrun was not far enough he would be exposed and ripe for a charge. What was nice was that I got The Rot Within off twice more on his Sorcerer block so they had -3 Off and Def skill Laughing I was able to get these off as I was sacrificing my own warriors for the opportunity to focus Marked For Death on his Sorcerer, he was not liking that...I believe I was only able to do one wound...but I tried Laughing

By Turn four his Giants were now threatening my flank so it was time to make my move. He once again had only slightly moved, did not charge my Mounted Barbarians and he looked like he was going to crush my Warrior Chariot with some Giants. I charged his Sorcerer/BSB Ogre Unit with my Feldraks, Mounted Barbarians and Chosen Chariot...they all made it in...he was Off Skill 1 and Def Skill 1 due to 3 Rot Within Spells and my Chosen Chariot being Favored of Lust, another -1 Off skill...my boys did well and I believe I did 23 wounds, he broke and I overran at an angle into his other unit of 4 Ogres, his other small unit of Ogres failed a Dis test and fled about 6" towards his center. On my far right my Feldrak Elder and Warrior Block Charged his Khan Ogre unit...my Warriors failed but the Feldrak Elder made it in. My Forsaken moved up to assist my Warriors. My monster did 4 wounds and then was cut down...this was a concern. On Andre's turn 5 his Giants charged my Warrior Chariot and after taking a couple of wounds and doing a couple back it held Very Happy His Khans unit charged my Warriors but he failed I believe he needed a 8 or 9 Very Happy His small fleeing unit of Ogres rallied. On my turn my Warriors, Chosen Chariot (which had completed a pivot) and Forsaken charged his Khans unit and made it, my Feldraks and Mounted Barbarians finished off his small ogre unit before this and the Feldraks had charged the rallied Ogre unit...I must be missing a step here but that is what happened. Lastly my Barbarians charged into the flank of his Giant that had engaged the Warrior Chariot. I had to think about this but I did it due to fearing a panic test when the Warrior Chariot died and also the Giants would turn their attention to the Barbarians next. It worked out as the Barbarians killed a Giant and the other Giant broke and was run down. The important thing about turn 5 was the combat on my right flank. My Warriors, Forsaken and Chosen Chariot hit his Ogres with his Khan and I did 28 wounds before adding banners etc... Very Happy Laughing

Turn 6 was just moping up the remaining Ogres...things went well for the Warriors of the Dark Gods on this day.
I felt confidant with my deployment, but did not expect in anyways to table the Ogres. Magic helped me, Res 5 on most of my units helped me, his failed charge into my warriors was a bonus. His Giants can move very fast and I will have to watch that in the future...but his Giants (Sons of the Avalanche) are not Stubborn which helped me out. I don't expect our next battle to go as smoothly.

Andre Ogre Khans 0 vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods 22 (I got secondary and army fully painted)
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top