Beta rules

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Beta rules

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Updates for 2.0 are out. I gained about 100 points on my Empire list so Iím adding a few banners. Rending banner is now a one use only item (lame). I havenít checked any of my other army lists.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:41 pm

Thanks for the update, I have homework tonight! Wonder if my TK got that Egyptian Steam Tank and the Egyptian Dragon... and the Egyptian Dwarf Skeletons... i wanted Wink fingers crossed

ONE USE ONLY?! That changes everything... damn damn damn... guess you really only gotta win one combat that counts.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:28 pm

The updates to the sylvan elves book are interesting. No more percentage restrictions for fleet of foot and forest giants. Makes an all forest spirit army more viable and I can get back to building a more fast-moving army with glade riders and kestrel knights.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:55 pm

No massive changes for my TK, some point adjustments and wording / items cleared up. Should see more or less the same lists. Ogres got some point adjustments and changes too but nothing exciting enough for me to take them off the shelf again.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:30 pm

I'm off to check me lists. Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:37 am

So going through the TK book for this weekend and my Hereditary spell no longer says anything about having to choose Evocation for my magic, So my question is will this work with ANY Augment spell now? There is nothing in my rule book about the Heirophant needing to pick Evocation either. Below is the spell rule for my Hereditary.

Hereditary Attribute Spell
Undying Dynasties do not have a Hereditary Spell. Instead, all Death Cult Hierarchs know the Hereditary Attribute Spell
Death is Only the Beginning (in addition to Path Attributes). Whenever the Wizard successfully casts a non-Attribute
non-Bound Spell of Type Augment, the Hereditary Attribute is automatically cast.
Type Duration Effect
A Death is Only the Beginning This spell targets a single unit that was also the target of the spell
that triggered the Hereditary Attribute Spell.
This target Raises a number of Health Points equal to the
Resurrected value of the R&F models in the unit. If the target
contains any Characters, you may instead choose a single
Character in it. This Character Raises a number of Health Points
equal to its Resurrected value.
Characters and models with Towering Presence cannot Raise
more than 2 Health Points in each Magic Phase from Death is Only
the Beginning.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:03 pm

If a death cult hierarch can pick paths other than Evocation then it looks to me like it will work with any augment so long as it isn't an attribute or bound spell.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:34 pm

Thanks Nathan, thats what i was thinking just wanted Verification.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:21 pm

New question, just getting ready for Saturday.

So a unit in Line Formation can not count his rank bonus. but he is still considered to have "ranks" correct, so for my BSB and Crumbling in my TK i lose 1 less wound for each of my Rank Bonuses. Below are the Line Formation rules and the Rules about the BSB and undead. Just says you cant add it to combat score not that you don't get it... right?

Line Formation & Close Formation
Units in ranks of 8 or more models are considered to be in Line Formation. Units in Line Formation gain the Fight in
Extra Rank
Attack Attribute, but cannot add Rank Bonus to their Combat Score.
Units that are not in Line Formation are considered to be in Close Formation

and

3. If the unit receives Rally Around the Flag
, reduce the number of lost Health Points with the unitís current Rank
Bonus. Units with no Rank Bonus reduce the number of Health Points lost by 1 instead.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:37 pm

I think the wording in the text could be a little more clear but Ranks and Rank Boni are two separate things. Rank Boni only come up during combat score calculation. In line formation you have the Ranks but do not add Rank Boni to the combat score. If you do not add the Rank Bonus to the combat score then there is no Rank Bonus for your BSB and it would follow the latter option, "Units with no Rank Bonus reduce the number of Health Points lost by 1 instead." This is how I see it as if you do not add Rank Boni to a combat score then there is no Rank Bonus for that unit period, just Ranks.
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:08 pm

I think Peter has it right. †The unit could still be steadfast as the wording for that is "full ranks" not "rank bonus". Although for the purpose of argument, the line in rank bonus where it says that a unit in line formation cannot add its rank bonus to a combat could imply that it still has a rank bonus, it just can't use it for combat resolution.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:45 pm

nathanr wrote:†Although for the purpose of argument, the line in rank bonus where it says that a unit in line formation cannot add its rank bonus to a combat could imply that it still has a rank bonus, it just can't use it for combat resolution.

The quote from Line Formation reads ", but cannot add Rank Bonus to their Combat Score." It states that the unit cannot add Rank Bonus to combat score, but if it cannot add the Rank Bonus then there is no Rank Bonus at all. The unit does not have a Rank Bonus unless calculating it during combat resolution. Does this make sense? I may be wording how I see it poorly ><
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:52 pm

I definitely agree. I just re-read the line formation rules and the rank bonus rules and the wording is the same. "Units in Line Formation cannot add Rank Bonus to their combat score". When I first read it I thought it said they "could not add THEIR Rank Bonus to their combat score" which would imply that said rank bonus did exist, it just couldn't be used for combat resolution. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Line Formation = No Rank Bonus = more TK crumbling = everyone but Sean is happy.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:13 pm

Makes sense, thanks guys.

I'm actually ok with this other than i just painted up a BSB that i'll never use now haha. But 50 pts for the bsb +200 for it inevitably dying and it doesn't help that that much, maximum 1 skele saved in each block. Lame, but Skeles are only 10 pts each so id rather bring 5 more Skeles as i doubt any skeleton block will survive 5 rounds of combat so the BSB wouldn't be anymore help than the 5 extra bodies. my thinking atleast.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:25 pm

Kal wrote:Makes sense, thanks guys.

I'm actually ok with this other than i just painted up a BSB that i'll never use now haha. But 50 pts for the bsb +200 for it inevitably dying and it doesn't help that that much, maximum 1 skele saved in each block. Lame, but Skeles are only 10 pts each so id rather bring 5 more Skeles as i doubt any skeleton block will survive 5 rounds of combat so the BSB wouldn't be anymore help than the 5 extra bodies. my thinking atleast.

Easy ! Don't go in line formation with skeletons. Legion standard, 5 rank bonus lose 5 less skeletons... takes forever to get through just ask any one who faced my skeleton bsb block
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:17 pm

Line formation is best formation *thick Russian accent*

haha. So +3 for Rank, +1 for Legion and +1 for?

Appreciate the advice but i am going to be stubborn and run mine like this for now, as my Tomb King Skeletons are much more skilled and deadly then our puny Vampire Brethren who are a shadow of our former GLORY! hence why i'm running them in, count em TWO Hordes of 56 Skeletons! BWAHAHAHA. and a Line Formation of Archers too... Very Happy that way i can lose and pack my army up with lots and lots of time to re rank them for my next match, see i'm just thinking of you guys here Wink being helpful.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4