Beta rules

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Beta rules

Post  Kal on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Yeah this is a common thing in 40K, so very very good to know about Fantasy. Makes ogres even more gooder. a 1 wound ogre can still absorb a d6 multi wound
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:09 pm

Wait, so if I have 4 attacks that all hit and wound and I have MW D3+1 and roll all 6ís for my multipliers for 16 wounds total and Iím fighting a unit of 6 trolls with 3 wounds each I can only kill 4 of them?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:11 pm

From what understand is he would save each wound individually. So make the 4+ regen. Fail, D6 = 2 then the troll loses 2/3 wounds. roll next wound, save it. roll next wound fail D6 = 6 then THAT troll loses his remaining wound, then the final roll would go against the next trolls save for another d6

I hope i explained that well. that is how it is in 40k, I run alot of Terminators so i've run into that quite a bit.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Nope, youíve got it wrong Sean.

ďFor example, if a Multiple Wounds (D6) attack wounds a unit of Trolls (HP 3) and rolls a Ď5í for the multiplier, the number of unsaved wounds is reduced to 3, even if the Troll unit has already lost one or two Health Points previously in battle.Ē

So in my first example Iíd do 12 wounds to the unit instead of 16.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:45 pm

Is that a quote from the book? Damn this is going to get confusing haha, and multi wounds seem to good then... So are the units wounds dealt with as a pool now? so can you do multi wound to single wound models? Unit of 10 single wound models wound then take 10 wounds instead of the 16 from the 4 attacks?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:56 pm

That does not sound right that you can do multi wounds to a single wound model.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:57 pm

New Question:

Page 39 RE:Bound Spells

"Note that Bound Spells trigger the Path Attribute Spell, and that unless noted otherwise Casting Modifiers are not
applied to the Casting Roll of a Bound Spell."

So this is the Path Attribute Spell of the caster of the bound spell? What if it is my Lord with no Path?

Just Wonderin Laughing
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:02 pm

nathanr wrote:Wait, so if I have 4 attacks that all hit and wound and I have MW D3+1 and roll all 6ís for my multipliers for 16 wounds total and Iím fighting a unit of 6 trolls with 3 wounds each I can only kill 4 of them?

Spot on Nathan. ... but really if you have 4 attacks that cause 12 wounds just be happy with it everyone else only got to do 4 †Very Happy

Sean I get what you explained but unfortunately that is not how it is done. Oger unit †has a wound on it , gets hit by d6 multiple wound attack causing 4 wounds. Ogers suffer 3 wounds, the unit still has 1 wound on it carried over. Multiple wounds rule has zero effect on single wound models.end of story lol

@ Derek, if the bound spell comes from a path (Let's say fire) the bound spell goes off and activates the attribute from fire path.
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Totally get it now, thanks for clearing it up. Just wasnt 100% sure it was a quote from the book and i keep getting 40k and Fantasy mixed up still... Like i can NOT find Plasma Guns anywhere in my Goblin army... ideas? Smile
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Holy S***! Just read a tatical gem ! Super awsome actually and I really hope they intentionally added it in.

Read the rules for pursuit , the pursuing unit pivots around it's center to face the "direction " of the fleeing unit. The †things happen bassed on what it contacts.

Enemy slightly to the left / right ? That's fine just angle your unit a bit so that it can contact them instead.

I REALLY hope they don't intend it to be a 180 pivot. This could help avoid bad situations of being flanked AND any aruguments of " nah I think you just barely miss my unit "
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:04 pm

I'm not sure what your getting at Dom?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Me neither tbh. Was waiting for someone else to say it first haha.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:34 pm

I think what he means is that you are not forced to draw a line of pusuit exactly along the center to center axis
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:41 pm

Mhael wrote:I think what he means is that you are not forced to draw a line of pusuit exactly along the center to center axis
Just the opposite actually , you pivot on the spot to face the direction of the fleeing unit, it does not tell you to pivot 180 degrees. It's a bit hard to explain over the net, it would be easy to show in person
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Here are the full rules for the Pivot at the beginning of a Pursuit Move, because why not?

1. Pivot
Before Pivoting, check which Arc the Pursuing unit is in for each enemy unit that may be charged later in this process.
If the Pursuit Move will lead to a charge, it will be in the Facing determined at this point.

The Pursuing unit then Pivots (around its Centre) so that it is facing the same direction as the Pursued unit, or if
destroyed, the direction the Pursued unit would have had, had it not been destroyed. Ignore the Unit Spacing rule
during this Pivot.

After the Pivot, one of the four situations below will arise. If more than one is applicable, apply the uppermost one.

- If the Front Facing of the Pursuing unit would overlap the Board Edge, the unit Pursues off the Table.

- If the Front Facing of the Pursuing unit would overlap an enemy unitís Boundary Rectangle, it charges that
unit. Remove the Pursuing unit from the Battlefield and then place it back on the Battlefield with its Front in
base contact with its target, in the Facing determined before the Pivot, and maximising the number of Engaged
models as normal. If there is not enough room to place the Pursuing unit, treat the enemy unit as Impassable
Terrain instead.

- If the Front Facing of the Pursuing unit would overlap with the Boundary Rectangle of a friendly unit (that was
not part of the same combat) or Impassable Terrain, the unit instead Pivots so that it faces as close as possible
towards the direction of the the Pursued unit, while abiding by the Unit Spacing rule (normally this means
stopping 1″ away from the obstruction), and then moves no further (i.e. ignore step 2 and 3).

- If the Front Facing of the Pursuing unit touches neither another unitís Boundary Rectangle nor Impassable
Terrain, proceed to step 2. Note that only the Front Facing needs to be clear: units, Impassable Terrain or the
Board Edge overlapping with other parts of the unit are ignored during steps 1-3.

The pivot is around the center so the unit does have to be physically turned, not like an about face or removing it from the board. Only the front arc counts as coming into contact with anything, so if the side or back end clips a unit or impassible terrain it is ignored. However, the potential pursuit blocking/forced charge is interesting here. Can't forget that first part about measuring potential charge arcs BEFORE pivoting too.

The "direction" the fleeing unit is facing would be exactly that, the direction it was facing, not the location of the unit itself. The pivot will be a 90 degree if flanked, 180 if reared from what I understand. If you are pursuing after a front vs front combat, the fleeing unit is placed with its rear directly against your units front, facing away, it moves, then you move straight ahead after it, no pivot.
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:14 pm

Hey guys, since i haven't had a chance to play yet how do you guys feel about Magic. Like what is enough do you think?

Wizard Master
Wizard Adept
Wizard Apprentice

Do i need a Master or would one of the others be adequate? You finding Magic good or? This is for Ogres
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:30 pm

You can reliably get 2 spells off a turn in 2.0. You literally will get what you pay for.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:25 am

Awesome. Thanks Carson.

So I actually get to pick my spells now eh? Shinay. Anyone tried multiple wizards yet? Seems like they could pay off. Veil tokens seem odd thought ... I definitely need a game before the tourney.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:16 am

The magic phase looks clunky on paper but goes quite smoothly in the game. Magic is worthwhile, more so now than ever, but not op. On average you will have 8-9 dice so plan accordingly. Having multiple ways to channel is a big deal.
The magic phase is very well done in 2.0

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:05 pm

Are you guys "drawing" from a flux deck or still rolling for it?

or am i still not getting this?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:38 pm

You can do either, works the same

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:38 pm

You can do either, works the same

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Thanks Carson
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:48 am

Is there no negative modifier for Multiple Shots anymore? just looking and couldn't find it.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:06 am

Kal wrote:Is there no negative modifier for Multiple Shots anymore? just looking and couldn't find it.

The negative modifier no longer exists, the multiple shot penalty is factored into the Aim of the model.
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next