2.0 Sylvain Elves

Go down

2.0 Sylvain Elves

Post  nathanr on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Iíve been poring over the new army book all day and I cannot come up with a list that I like. I want everything. Preferably two of everything. I think my biggest problem is that traditionally Iíve gone character light with them but now the characters are too good not to take. Maybe Iíll make a bunch of different lists for this league.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.0 Sylvain Elves

Post  Kuyp on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:57 pm

nathanr wrote:Iíve been poring over the new army book all day and I cannot come up with a list that I like. †I want everything. †Preferably two of everything. †I think my biggest problem is that traditionally Iíve gone character light with them but now the characters are too good not to take. †Maybe Iíll make a bunch of different lists for this league.

Took me like two hours to remake my vampire list, they messed with the points juuuust enough to make me change things up
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:18 pm

I think I have my list sorted out. It is the same but different from my usual list. 2 treemen, 2 units of dryads, 2 units of wardancers, 2 units of wild riders, 2 eagles for my combat units. 3 units of archers and a unit of pathfinders for shooting. A wizard master and a pathfinder lord for characters. The pathfinder character especially seems good on paper but Iíll hold judgement until I try him in a game.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Just FYI, a Sylvan Elf Forest Prince has an aim value of 0+ with his longbow AND has "Accurate" as well. This means that he is almost always going to hit on a 2+ and at worst a 3+ (for moving and shooting and hard cover). Give him the pathfinder kindred and a magic bow and he's going to scout, have 4 shots at +1 to wound (+2 at short range) and AP 2). I can then give him a great weapon and a 2+ 4++ save and send him on his way to wreak havoc wherever he pleases. Twisted Evil

Alternately, I could put a wild hunter kindred prince on a stag with magical sylvan blades and armour and I'll have 7 (9 on the charge) attacks at Off 9, Battle Focus, Lightning Reflexes, Str 5 (6 on the charge) AP 2 plus the stag's attacks.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Sounds exceedingly deadly, what points does that badass check in at?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 pm

First one is 510 points, the second is 530 and has room for 90 more points of magic items.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:57 pm

nathanr wrote:First one is 510 points, the second is 530 and has room for 90 more points of magic items.

That's insane. I have tanky generals in my armies that can't get 2+ /4++ and hit that hard. Have to avoid that Elf...Smile
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:09 pm

squalie wrote:
nathanr wrote:First one is 510 points, the second is 530 and has room for 90 more points of magic items.

†That's insane. †I have tanky generals in my armies that can't get 2+ /4++ and hit that hard. †Have to avoid that Elf...Smile

Best part about that guy is the price !!! For what he can do it's a bargain, although he suffers the same thing that most of the army does, target restriction. He's still more then usable now compared to what they used to Be, you would almost never take a prince lol.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:34 am

Has anyone else noticed a rise in the power level of characters with the release of 2.0?

I know that the rat characters have gotten a boost with the new enchantment rules.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum