9th Age Winter league reporting

Go down

9th Age Winter league reporting

Post  Mhael on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:22 am

Dom and I faced off again last night to open the league. He is going to do another video report so I wont make it redundant with details.
Enflank with kill 3 scoring unit secondary
Close game throughout nothing too unbalanced. I took care of his wraiths early with lots of shooting until he charged some scrappers broke them but got wrecked by a combo charge of sabretooths and giant.
We both had a few chaff units so were playing crack the defences but not exposing your flank for a few turns.
Our two generals met in a challenge while their units fought we traded some wounds but my khan won out. Dom got a second unit of knights, a bat swarm on flank and altar of undeath on flank doing 18 wounds to break my unit and chase it down.
Turn six was awesome. My giant had met the altar trading wounds and taking away Dom's next round of attacks but I elected to let my giant force him to do an init test or take 2d6 wounds. Dom failed but I also did by rolling snakes. Dom failed to kill my giant' s last 2 wounds with his altar damage ability.
Our last 2 scoring units for secondary were on the other side of the table. My turn I charged with 2 tribesmen needing a 5 (they failed) and 3 bombadiers needing a 6 at his 25 block of zombies. Great round for bombadiers leaving only 4 after combat crumble. Bottom of six Dom flank charges bombadiers with corpse cart and I fail to dispel raise wounds which he then slaps me with a raise of 18 zombues back...sigh...
Dom broke the bombadiers but failed to catch with either. The game ended with no secondary points and a difference of 0.13% in points. That is a very even 10-10 draw
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9th Age Winter league reporting

Post  Carson on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Sounds like a fun game. did you try out the 2.0 rules? Not a big deal but we'll be using the beta rules for this league. I was more or less wondering if any of the new rules led to anything interesting.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:02 pm

No. Until we get a chance to fully read them I will stick to 1.344whatever
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Can we play 2.0 ? are the army rules out yet ?

Any way here's my Batt Rep
https://youtu.be/ZlfGAqhQLnU

I missed some pictures and still need to get my ..... what im saying figured out better
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:33 pm

2.0 Beta ruleset came out yesterday. It's the same but different. Very Happy The armybooks start being released tomorrow, 3 a day, until end of week.

To be clear; these are beta versions which may be slightly different by the time 2.0 is stable sometime in the summer.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum