Can you get a virus from this site?

Go down

Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  squalie on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Since I don't know a lot about this kind of stuff, thought I would reach out.  When I go to this site (even on my iPhone) a pop up screen happens lately.  Only on this site, usually - not always and looks like a virus-y kind of thing.  Am I crazy?


Last edited by squalie on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
squalie

Posts : 4268
Join date : 2008-06-05
Location : Moose Jaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  Kuyp on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:44 pm

Nah it happened o me yesterday as well... I mean yeah your crazy but not for this reason Very Happy
avatar
Kuyp

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2008-11-30
Age : 27
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  nathanr on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:45 pm

Try logging out and logging back in. If that doesn’t work try clearing your browsing history.
avatar
nathanr

Posts : 5222
Join date : 2008-06-10
Age : 36
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  squalie on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:53 pm

nathanr wrote:Try logging out and logging back in.  If that doesn’t work try clearing your browsing history.

Didn't work.
avatar
squalie

Posts : 4268
Join date : 2008-06-05
Location : Moose Jaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  nathanr on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:05 pm

Not sure. I’m like the first level of tech support. The “turn it off and turn it back on” or “is it plugged in” kind of solutions.
avatar
nathanr

Posts : 5222
Join date : 2008-06-10
Age : 36
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  blizzard435 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Might be an ad. I know there are some sites that have really intrusive ads (Spikey bits). They are annoying.

avatar
blizzard435

Posts : 341
Join date : 2014-05-20
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  Mhael on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:00 pm

Its been happenng to me too the last 2 or 3 days
avatar
Mhael

Posts : 1717
Join date : 2008-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  Carson on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:02 pm

I would'nt know where to even begin.

_________________
What is best in life?
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of thier women.
avatar
Carson
Admin

Posts : 3423
Join date : 2008-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  bluepeople on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:24 pm

squalie wrote:Since I don't know a lot about this kind of stuff, thought I would reach out.  When I go to this site (even on my iPhone) a pop up screen happens lately.  Only on this site, usually - not always and looks like a virus-y kind of thing.  Am I crazy?

Just happened to me too. Says congratulations I won something. Yeah a case of internet herpes!
avatar
bluepeople

Posts : 187
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 32
Location : Moose Jaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  bluepeople on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Don try downloading malwarebytes and running it.
avatar
bluepeople

Posts : 187
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 32
Location : Moose Jaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  GeoffKlassen on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:15 pm

Stop surfing for porn while the wife is away switch to firefox or chrome and grab a really BIG hammer and hit the keyboard that should fix it.
avatar
GeoffKlassen

Posts : 247
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  Patrick V on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:53 pm

the is a free forum right? i assumed everyone got ads. just get an adblocker.
avatar
Patrick V

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  squalie on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:35 pm

bluepeople wrote:Don try downloading malwarebytes and running it.

That worked! Thanks Justin!
avatar
squalie

Posts : 4268
Join date : 2008-06-05
Location : Moose Jaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  squalie on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:10 am

*Update*

I downloaded Malwarebytes, which also fixed a few other problems my laptop was having (awesome), but I was surfing this morning (game sites, hobby sites, car sites, news, UFC, Faceboook) and only when I eventually landed on this site did an alert show up that this was a malicious site. So somethings up.

I always knew this was a malicious site, but now I have proof. Wink

I did a Java update a week or so ago and my laptop didn't like it (I'm pretty sure it was fake). After that I had very specific problems and only these problems; couldn't change brightness, nightshift wouldn't work, no sleep option at shutdown and Facebook videos would be very glitchy. That's it. Very specific odd issues. Malwarebytes fixed it toot sweet
avatar
squalie

Posts : 4268
Join date : 2008-06-05
Location : Moose Jaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  bluepeople on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:44 pm

squalie wrote:*Update*

 I downloaded Malwarebytes, which also fixed a few other problems my laptop was having (awesome), but I was surfing this morning (game sites, hobby sites, car sites, news, UFC, Faceboook) and only when I eventually landed on this site did an alert show up that this was a malicious site.  So somethings up.

 I always knew this was a malicious site, but now I have proof. Wink

 I did a Java update a week or so ago and my laptop didn't like it (I'm pretty sure it was fake).  After that I had very specific problems and only these problems; couldn't change brightness, nightshift wouldn't work, no sleep option at shutdown and Facebook videos would be very glitchy.  That's it.  Very specific odd issues.  Malwarebytes fixed it toot sweet

Have you considered getting a new laptop?
avatar
bluepeople

Posts : 187
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 32
Location : Moose Jaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  squalie on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:58 pm

It’s about 3 weeks old. Smile
avatar
squalie

Posts : 4268
Join date : 2008-06-05
Location : Moose Jaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you get a virus from this site?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum