Brotherhood of the dragon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brotherhood of the dragon

Post  Kuyp on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:35 am

So after some thinking I have managed to out together a list I THINK I will really like playing. Completely different from what I have been trying to make.

Core
25 zombies, musician, banner, 180 pts
25 zombies, musician banner, 180 pts
25 zombies musician banner, 180 pts
36 skeleton warriors, musician banner champion spears+ shields 360 ( ish I can't member)

Special
5 dire wolves 80 pts
5 dire wolves 80 pts
Alter of un-death 460 pts

Swift death
5 vampire knights , banner musician champion, flaming standard, brother hood of the dragon upgrade. About 700 pts

5vampire knights banner musician champion, brotherhood of the dragon upgrade 655pts

Characters
Banchee 220 pts

Vampire count, brotherhood of the dragon, perfect warrior
Flaming lance, blufers helm, master wizard, raise the dead (General is forced to take this spell), spectral horse, 2x learned spells of occult just over 700 pts 😮
This guy goes in with one of the knight units , 0+ armour save so he can use a great weapon or halberd and still have a 1+ armour. You have to reroll to wound against him , weapon master and lethal strike.

Vampire count, brotherhood of the dragon, perfect warrior, spectral horse , wizard master , 2x learned spells occult, mantel of the night, lethal strike , weapon master ....
This guy goes in the other unit of knights , also has a 0+ armour save , and enemies do not get strength bonus of th +◊ type against him. Just about 700 points 😮

So the army that can fight really lacks a punch but I have given up my ability to raise models back from the dead, probably not the best idea but I like it. Only thing I may change is a few items and if I had I think I would trade the dogs for bat swarms and maybe drop the skeletons for some ghouls or if I could squeeze the points somehow to get some wraiths.
The list SHOULD SCALE to 5000 easily enough just need to add 90 points of core and maybe a black coach.

What do you guys think ?
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brotherhood of the dragon

Post  Carson on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:43 pm

Your relying on obliterating anything you hit with the 2 vampire knight units which they will. Ranked units could be a nightmare for you though. Youíll have to watch that those two units donít get chaffed.

I would really think about having evocation though.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:31 pm

Yeah chaff and avoidance may cause lots of problems for you. I really like the vamp knights though, scariest unit in the game I think with the exception of some monsters (thirsters, dragon lords etc).

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:57 pm

looks like a fun army.

I agree scary Knights...I think this army will take people by surprise.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:57 pm

looks like a fun army.

I agree scary Knights...I think this army will take people by surprise.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:26 pm

Well after game one I really liked how the army preformed. I will need to brush up a bit on my charge planning to make it work right however.

Small adjustments might mean me dropping the banchee in favor of a necromancer with evocation.

Other then that I may drop the skeletons in favor of some ghouls.

Derek mentioned maybe dropping the second vamp for something and 700 points is nothing to sneeze at but for now I still like it and will see what happens after a few more games
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top