Thinking about picking up a 9th age army

Go down

Thinking about picking up a 9th age army

Post  D9 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:29 pm

Hey all, I am not currently playing 9th age, but I have considered painting up an army. There is a lot for sale, and I'm just wondering if it would be useable under the current 9th age rules. I looked at the empire book, and it looks like some of it would fit. The guy wants $450 USD, and again, without playing its hard to know if it would be a decent price. Any input is welcome.

King Louen Leoncoeur,
32 knights of the round.
40 men at arms
32 archers, 5 pegasus knights 4 damsels 2 on foot and 2 on horse back. 1 trebuchet, 5 grail knights, with 1 musician. 1 bretonnian lord model. 1 paladin model with banner majority of it is still on sprues. some are off, some are unprimed/primed. king is only model painted

D9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking about picking up a 9th age army

Post  squalie on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Welcome to the site! (if no one has said that yet)

First off, is Empire what you want to play? You have listed Bretonnian models, or Knights of Equitane for 9th. If you want to play Knights of Equitane, that's a very useable army. If you wanted Empire, you should spend your money elsewhere.

For $450 USD, I could find you pretty much any army you wanted, with most units included. Heck, I could possibly find you a table quality painted army for that price. PM me if interested and I'll definitely help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Do you really want to paint, or find something painted? My advice would be to look at all the armies in 9th (15 I think?) and pick he one that motivates you the best. Then building a list and getting feedback helps you build an army that won't frustrate you in the future and help prevent you painting and collecting units you may never use.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Don hit the nail on the head, good army if you want kingdom of Equitaine, not as good for Empire.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Hello

That is a sweet bunch of Bretonnians....makes my mouth water.
I would luv to play Brets again.

But time to move on and it appears that Chaos and Dread Elves are my future.

I would encourage to look at the new army book and see if you interested in playing Brets.

Empire is cool to but its good to see more people interested int he game.

Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  D9 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:16 am

Thanks for the input guys. I do like to paint and model, and I think it would be fun to paint an army of knights. I guess that means Bretonians, but I did not see a book for them on the 9th age site. I will have to go and look again. As far as the price goes, $450 is allot, but its mostly unpainted and unbuilt. For some reason I thought that Bretonians were out of production, but I dont know much about it.

D9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:20 am

The Bretonnian army is now called "Kingdom of Equitaine". If that's what you are interested in then that sounds like a decent bundle that'll get you pretty much everything you might want.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down