Paintbrushes

Go down

Paintbrushes

Post  nathanr on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:30 am

Ok guys, I'm getting back on the painting bandwagon but I found that all my brushes are terrible.  What brand of brushes do you guys use and where do you get them?  I've had decent success with Windsor &a Newton S7 brushes but I'm open to trying whatever.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Paintbrushes

Post  Carson on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:24 am

gw, the den.............i know, i know

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:46 am

Wamp brushes from the WAMP site are good. They're from Rosemary and Co which compare to the WNs7.

My fav are Raphael 8404 series. Same quality sable as Wns7 but the bristles are a touch firmer. I don't have a decent online source for them currently.

Anyone thinking of upgrading should really, really consider getting any high end brush that is made from Kolinsky Sable and some good brush soap. "The masters" brush soap is cheap, comes in a hockey puck looking bar in a yellow plastic container and will add life to your brushes. It will also last a lifetime.
ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:21 am

We've had a few threads about this. Raphael 8404 number 0 is my hands down fave, I find the Windsors always split on me.

I don't think Scott has mentioned those brushed before - I'll have to try them.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:42 am

This is all great info, brushes are definitely the next thing I need to up my game. Brush soap seems like it would be very useful too....
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:48 am

Any Kolinsky Sable brush is going to be a great starting point for moving your paint game up. You can't go wrong. The WAMP/Rosemary and Co. brushes are less expensive then other options and no lesser quality. Do get the soap. They used to have it at the Den, any Micheals will have it as well. Maybe 10$? I bought mine in about 2006 and it still has about 15 years worth of mileage to go on it.
ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum