League night

View previous topic View next topic Go down

League night

Post  Carson on Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Ok guys, so with the holidays behind us it's time to get back into the swing of things. This coming Friday will be the first league night of the new year. Lets all try to come out and have a real throw-down. I'm going to try and get back to our bi monthly schedaule for league nights.

On a side note I have to bring the car in for Warranty Friday morning so I'm available for games all day. Who wants a piece of the Empire?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: League night

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Okay, I'll make sure I get down for a game. I gotta clear it with the high command first.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:15 pm

I will also try to be there. I won't be able to get there until later though. I would like to play you Carson if possible. Will you still be around at 8?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:53 pm

you bet, try and make it as early as you can though. Empire on Dwarfs eh

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:03 am

I can possibly be there as early as 7:30. I usually play a fairly combat-oriented dwarf list as compared to a gunline but against Empire I might have to mix it up a bit...

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:08 am

I can play you in the afternoon, what time is good for you?

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:36 pm

How about 2:00?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Carson wrote:How about 2:00?

Sure.

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:43 pm

Hey guys, lets get some games lined up for Friday, don't wait till the last moment. Eric are you available Friday afternoon?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:44 pm

So What form of deamon silliness are you going to devastate the Empire with Stash?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:03 am

Carson wrote:So What form of deamon silliness are you going to devastate the Empire with Stash?

Khorne with a splash of slaanesh

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:26 am

I have time on Friday after 5 for any willing to face my ogres.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Im up for some games with my tomb kings.
also if anyone is interested in having a match to help me
test out my experimental army that would be appreciated!

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:32 am

No way can I make it out for this. Sorry Carson, I had to make some compromises. But Edmonton is 90% positive so I gotta pick my spots ya know...

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:09 pm

I will be there with my Daemons as early as anyone else can be there.

I have Friday's completely off. So literally any time.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:44 pm

How about in the afternoon, I play Stash at 2 so anytime after that.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:20 am

Yeah sure, I'll come by around 4:30 then, or 2 if anyone else wants to get an afternoon game on, then play you after?

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:40 am

great

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:54 am

Me and Dominique both have today off so we were planing on being there right after lunch

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Eric v. Nathan Results

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:15 am

My Daemons managed to sweep every Dwarf from the table by the end of turn 6. The final combat involved 4 rounds of combat between Nathans sole remaining unit, his Hammerers with Dwarf Lord and Thane BSB against my Keeper of Secrets in the front (in a challenge with the Dwarf Lord), a unit of Seekers of Slaanesh in the rear, and a unit of Daemonettes in the flank (he also had an unrelated Organ Gun that my Bloodletters took care of).

The Keeper and Dwarf Lord battled at each other, inflicting a wound at a time, despite massive numbers of attacks and insane strength. The Hammerers died in droves to huge numbers of armour piercing attacks from every direction. The only thing saving his unit was immunity to Fear and Terror from his General, and the units Stubborn, re-rollable break tests. Although he had my Keeper down to 2 wounds remaining, she snuck the last wound onto his General at the bottom of turn 6, and losing their psychological immunities, they were finally broken, at this point being greatly outnumbered.

Turning point of the game would have to be when his combined artillery managed to put 4 wounds onto my Keeper of Secrets in a single turn. Not wanting a repeat of my game against Carson, Nathan was generous enough to not kill her. The Keeper then munched herself back to full health thanks to her Spirit Swallower gift and a handy unit of Dwarf Warriors more than willing to pop into her mouth. This gift allowed her to absorb approximately 11-12 wounds over the course of the game and still end the game above 50% (the single wound that killed the Dwarf Lord brought her from 2 wounds left to 3 wounds left).

It's 100 points, but it is incredibly useful, and I think I'll be using that little bit of kit pretty frequently. People on the internet hate it, but it sure proved itself this game, even fighting against a tooled up Dwarf Lord that was more Rune than Dwarf...

I think even with that particular gift I need to improve my war machine avoidance skills... 4 wounds is a little too close to losing 670 points for comfort (even if I have demonstrated that even without a third of my army I can still fight Carson to a draw).

When the dust settled, I had a couple units of nearly full strength Daemonettes, 2/5 of my Seeker unit, just under half my Bloodletter unit, my Khorne Herald, my Keeper above 50%, a couple table quarters, a fistful of standards and points for killing his general. Super Massacre!

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:15 am

My artillery tried really hard to kill that keeper of secrets! both my cannon hit and my S8 bolt thrower but each only managed to get 2 wounds. My organ gun scored 8 hits but only 1 wound (which still could have been enough but you saved it with your ward save). That said, my organ gun did quite well in the game. I rolled 10 to hit 2 or 3 times and I think it killed more than its points worth of daemons even though it misfired at a pretty crucial time and had to miss 2 rounds of shooting. I'm quite pleased with how my 296-point dwarf lord did against your 670 point daemon. If he hadn't taken a wound earlier in the game he might have been able to hang around long enough to kill her in the final round! That said, he did do 4 wounds to your 2 so that is saying something. He probably should have done better seeing as how I was hitting on 3's and wounding on 2's with 4 attacks each round but warhammer doesn't always follow the rules of probability (like when you rolled the Yatzee! of 6's to cast your leadership spell). All in all, it was a great game.

My game against Carson reminded me why I don't usually rely on artillery. My cannon only managed to kill a single swordsman through 4 or 5 turns of shooting. My organ gun killed 3 knights before being run down and my 2 bolt throwers did well in the first 2 turns but after that they must have given the controls over to the beardlings or something because I only rolled 2's to hit or 1's to wound in the following turns! My dwarf infantry also showed their true colors with simply stellar 1's and 2's in their to hit and to wound rolls and 11's and 12's in their break tests. Only my lord's unit survived that game which saw him destroy a unit of greatswords with a captain and then a unit of swordsmen with a battle standard. I'm pretty sure it ended up as a solid victory for Carson. That was a good game as well, sorry that it broke up a 2vs2 game between Stash, Dominique, Andre and Carson.

So: 2 losses for me
The game against Carson was a ladder challenge so he gets my spot. I was fully painted, he was not but the result was a solid victory for him.
The game against Eric was not a ladder challenge. I was fully painted, he was not. Massacre for Eric!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Yes it was a great time for all, Nathan bore the brunt of everyones fury yesterday though. Some really bad luck on his part had my humans outfighting dwarfs??????

I played two games against daemons, both games killing the deamon princes by turn2......so should of been easy wins right? ended those games with a draw against Eric and no models left on the table against Stash who made more ward saves than a brettonian. Eric probably only made a handful of ward saves. Still trying to discover how to tackle Daemons. Both lists were pretty opponent friendly for daemons.

Thats maybe a topic that we should start as I've seen it on alot of forums. Any thoughts.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:18 am

In both games my lord's hammerers were the only unit that did what they were supposed to do. To be fair the unit cost around 680 points with the characters (about as much as Eric's Greater Daemon!)

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:41 am

There was a battle that didn't get any mention yet between Stash's daemons alongside Dominique's tomb kings against Carson's Empire bolstered by Andre's Ogres. Although only making it through turn three things were not looking too great. Big Bad Nasty Giant was destroyed and for some reason Skragg decided to bitch out and lose all magic in turn one. It was still pretty effective to throw my ogres at the onslaught and have Carson charge second too bad it didn't play out. All things said a draw was decided.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:08 pm

Ok have that entered now.

On another note league night for Jan.23 is approaching. I'm looking for games. Bob, William, Dana, Jordan, Kendric, Scott.....who wants some?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:41 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top