Edmonton onslaught

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Edmonton onslaught

Post  Carson on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:25 pm

do you get the evocation along with occultism? you should have magical superiority with nosferatu and the staff. The one thing I'd be concerned about would be ambushers who could hit your bunker, I'd put a ward save on your general to prevent spell sniping.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Yep with nosferatu no matter what life you pick you all ways know evocation of souls. I had considered ambushing and think I would just a just play style to fit for that. I could drop the staff and a skeleton or two for a 4 + ward ... but then I lose the staff
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:41 pm

Have you thought of Cosmology over occultism? There are some nice buffs/debuffs in there.

Also, remember that the altar affects evocation spells only.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:51 pm

I have very little input for vampires. I almost never play against them and I definitely haven't faced them yet this league. You've got a lot of eggs in the magic basket but I think that's probably common for undead. Hopefully your winds of magic dice are hot. For everyone tuning their lists I'd say don't listen too much to what us armchair warriors are saying and go with your gut. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:18 am

blizzard435 wrote:Have you thought of Cosmology over occultism? †There are some nice buffs/debuffs in there.

Also, remember that the altar affects evocation spells only.

I was looking at them both and I felt like occultism may work better just because of attribute thing. Good point on the dark tome I had forgot that it ONLY works for evocation.

Nathan R would you like to try and for in a game before the tournament? I could still use some refreshing on the game and it could give you a chance to discover vc.

Also Dwayne I will take you up on as many painted zombies you have for the weekend. I definitely need more lol

Last edited by Kuyp on Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:31 pm

I totally would Dom but I'm not sure if I can get a free evening. If you are available Thursday I might be able to work it so I've got the evening free but I'd have to confirm last-minute.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:50 pm

I could leave a key for my garage if you wanted a friday morning game...
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Carson wrote:Ive really tried to like trolls, they are awesome...but they will never get points, the lack of any ranks means they rely totally upon wounds. I'm assuming I just don't know how to play them.

I'm going to swap out the troll for the mangler.
19 iron orcs by themselves are too few, with a character they have stubborn and are not too points heavy to eat up all your alloted points...they get expensive very fast.

My previous list had 6 trolls which replaced the iron orc character and the feral boar riders. The iron orcs were too small, and the above mentioned problem with the trolls.

thoughts?

The rest of the orc world says the same thing about the shamen and boar riders...they held out against a chaos lord and 7 once chosen for 3 turns. scarification on the shamen is great for taking challenges.

Here is the first list I had...which is better?

50 cave goblins, command, bows, 3 mad gits
1 gnasher wrecking team
1 giant
1 orc shamen, boar, †master, 3 learned spells, shamanism,
15 boarriders, command, warbanner
26 iron orcs, command
1 iron orc chieftan, boar
6 bridge trolls
1 iron orc warlord, wyvern,
1 orc bsb, chariot,

I like this original list, but really skeptical of that big Boarboyz unit. I suppose, it's an all risk/reward thing. Looks fun though!

I find I give advice on things I think will never work and then find out that they do - especially when played against me, lol.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:06 am

I changed things up in my list quite a bit i think ...
Edit/Delete this post

Post Kuyp on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:59 pm
Carson i am with the guys on the single troll vrs mangler. i like the single troll but i feel like that's more for a bunker general type list.

I would also like some feed back on my newest list ...

Vamp count, Nosferatu
Arcane Knowledge- 6+ range on spells (3+ for aura)
3 learned spells, one for free and the trait evocation spell, lore of evocation ,plus the dead arise (have to take it)
staff of Gerhad the black, re-rolls failed channel attempts and a single dice from each evocation of soul
4++ talisman

Barrow king
bsb
halberd
Armour of destiny
Necromancer
1 learned spell path of evocation
corpse cart, endless horde
dispel scroll

Necromancer
1 learned spell path of evocation

6 Vampire Knights full command flaming standard
6 Vampire Swarm
10 wraiths
alter of undeath, dark tome
25 zombies , banner
25 zombies, banner
25 skeletons, spears full command
29 skeletons, spears full command
8 dire wolves
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:28 am

I like this list Dom. It's nice and grindy.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:29 am

Better!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Carson wrote:Ive really tried to like trolls, they are awesome...but they will never get points, the lack of any ranks means they rely totally upon wounds. I'm assuming I just don't know how to play them.

I'm going to swap out the troll for the mangler.
19 iron orcs by themselves are too few, with a character they have stubborn and are not too points heavy to eat up all your alloted points...they get expensive very fast.

My previous list had 6 trolls which replaced the iron orc character and the feral boar riders. The iron orcs were too small, and the above mentioned problem with the trolls.

thoughts?

The rest of the orc world says the same thing about the shamen and boar riders...they held out against a chaos lord and 7 once chosen for 3 turns. scarification on the shamen is great for taking challenges.

Here is the first list I had...which is better?

50 cave goblins, command, bows, 3 mad gits
1 gnasher wrecking team
1 giant
1 orc shamen, boar, †master, 3 learned spells, shamanism,
15 boarriders, command, warbanner
26 iron orcs, command
1 iron orc chieftan, boar
6 bridge trolls
1 iron orc warlord, wyvern,
1 orc bsb, chariot,

Trolls are hard to use well, it's definitely true. If anything with flaming attacks gets into them they're worthless. Maybe bridge trolls are better though, really not sure.

Why wizard master? Did you take over 100pts magic items? I think since your shaman will be in CC, and probably die, maybe a goblin witch doctor would be nice to have, make it naked with 3 spells and it only costs 240 pts I think, well worth it. Pyromancy is amazing for a bow bunker caster. Also 6 spells is SOOOOOO much nicer than 3.

Just some of my thoughts, hopefully they help.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:53 pm

Yeah master because I need over a 100 for magic. Iím going to try bridge trolls for the -1 to hit. I took a ban in chariot , so itís either that or the pyro caster. Havenít decided yet.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum