9th Age Summer-Fall 2017 League Reports

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 9th Age Summer-Fall 2017 League Reports

Post  Carson on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:02 pm

Thanks for the great battle reports that you are posting Derek, they are good reads!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:59 am

Another great battle in the books.

I was fortunate to go to Andre's games day. He has a great location, lots of room for 3 tables a beer fridge and a kick ass furnace....needles to say there were some hot battles and cold dice.

I didn't really watch one battle, like a three ring circus there was lots of action going on. While I was there I saw an Undead Vampire Warband fight their cousins the Undead Tomb Kings. There was the battle of stumpies as two Dwarf Armies clashed and Peter's newly formed Chaos Change Army beat down Tegans Empire Warband.

After these three battles were finished Andre was nice enough to meet my boys in battle and it was fun.

Derek's Warriors of the Dark Gods (Pestilence) vs Andre's Dwarfs

We played the Counter-thrust Deployment with Hold the Ground as the secondary objective.

I deployed first and placed my large block of Barbarians in my center closest to the objective. Andre's deployed a large block of Dwarfs across from me. On my left i had my mounted barbarians and the rest of my army was on my right - chariot, Warriors, Chosen One Warriors & Dragon Centaurs. Andres Dwarfs were evenly deployed across from me with his Organ gun in the far center, on the left of the gun was a large block of dwarfs with his General and on the right of his gun he another large block with his BSB.

My overall battle plan was to take my heavy right flank and sweep into his units like a door while having each unit supported by another. The best laid plans eh....lol My Mounted Barbarians vanguarded forward to chaff a unit of dwarfs while he had two vanguarding units of dwarfs and a scouting unit of Dwarf Rangers. He was loaded with a thick selection of Runes while I had 2 simple spells...magic did not play a large role in the he battle as most of runes were combat buffs and I made sure I always dispelled his magic move spell. My ward save spell went off on turn two but then he ate the spell...crazy but it worked and basically ended my magic phase for the game.

I went first and moved up...on his turn one he charged my mounted barbarians and the game was running. Now I cant remember if it was turn one or turn 2 but I got a charge off with my Warriors into his Generals unit. I felt it better to be the charger and take it to him. My Chariot failed a charge. I chewed him up but he held as he was Stubborn with his General. My other units were moving up as much as possible while my Barbarian Block simply moved forward a bit...it never did get into combat the entire battle. The Barbarians had a Mexican standoff with two large block of dwarfs the entire battle. Andre's Organ Gun kept teeing off on my Chosen One Warriors and wearing them down. In the second round of combat between my Warriors and his Generals unit I chewed up some more dwarfs and despite his Stubborn leadership he broke....I believe he rolled 11 twice...well needless to say this was a big moment in the battle. On my right flank I charged his Dwarf block that had his BSB with my Generals unit of Chosen One Warriors, while on my far right flank I foolishly charged a dwarf block with my Dragon Centaurs. Well he broke my Dragon Centaurs and chased them down...so he now held the entire flank with his one unit of dwarfs and they began marching towards the objective. My Generals unit was locked in combat with his BSB Dwarf unit...seemed like were gonna grind for a while. However my Warriors had over run into a unit of dwarf bowman and I wiped them out and reformed facing the Organ Gun. They then charged the Gun and wiped it out and over ran into the flank of the existing combat between his Dwarf BSB unit and my Chosen Ones. I was fortunate to hack and slash all the Dwarfs down except his BSB escaped and ran away as fast as he could. I didn't catch him but I would next turn Laughing I ended up charging the rallied Dwarf BSB and my General cut him down with his 5 strength 7 attacks. On my last turn the Warriors had to either march to the center objective and contest the secondary or charge the Dwarfs that were on the right flank that had killed my Dragon Centaurs. I felt that if my Warriors marched to the center that would simply leave them open to a flank charge...so I charged and they did what they do...killed a bunch of dwarfs.
In the end Andre moved his block of Dwarfs to the Objective and my Barbarians just glared at them a did nothing as they realized the battle was over.
The Battle was a lot of fun...it has been many many years since I played against a Dwarf army.
Andre's Army list was a little different than most, a lot of fast moving Dwarf units and less shooting than most that I have seen before.
The Shield Wall Special rule was big for him as he rolled lights out. The minus one to hit and high toughness helped me a lot. I did not plan to be in so many single unit on unit combats....but like I said the best laid plans....

Derek Chaos Pestilence  13    Andre Dwarfs  7
Andre got the secondary argghhhh.
Derek Chaos Pestilence 10   Andre Dwarfs 10   Final

I want to thank Andre for a great game and hosting this little shindig, it was a lot of fun.

Last edited by Derek on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:00 am

Derek, how in the hell do you remember everything?!  I literally have trouble remembering WHO I played at the end of the day, lol.

Having said, that I think I played Geoff and his Dwarfs yesterday.  I brought my Undying Dynasties as I think it's a strong 4500 list for Onslaught and it's already painted.  Was a good game and good to see Geoff out playing.  He mentioned he was interested in hosting a gamesday, so let's all politely remind him he should do that. Wink   It started off pretty good for Geoff, but as the game progressed, my left flank just swept around and slowly absorbed his Dwarfs.  I think his Cannon and Organ gun being on the far flank, outside of most of the game helped me get the damage done.  17-7 for me including secondary and both painted.

Next game was against Dom and his Vampire Counts.  I was a little curious (concerned) about his 6 unit Blood Knights on my right flank, but my Necro Knights held up well against his charge buying me some time for the rest of my army to work.  His army is suuuper resilient and it takes a ton of resources just to kill a few skeletons every round.  I got lucky killing a couple characters and carts and then just skeletons to fight.  His Blood Knights were the last unit on the table and it still took a few things to bring down that unit.  In the end, there was just the Dynasty left, figuring out who's skeleton remains belonged to who.  I wiped out the VC and got secondary for a 22-0 including painted for me.  Dom has done a crazy amount of painting in the last week and should be painted for Onslaught so that shows how much can be done with the right motivation.  Good job Dom!

**edit**

I just had to say thanks to Andre for opening his garage and hosting. Great dude and it's my favourite place as it has a lot of room and feels like a clubhouse. Smile
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:03 pm

Ill get these posted, remember to post results as I can't enter points without knowing what happened. I think I might be missing a game between pete and pat...

Also.....I know it sucks but non league games only count for 2 points.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Carson wrote:Ill get these posted, remember to post results as I can't enter points without knowing what happened. I think I might be missing a game between pete and pat...

Also.....I know it sucks but non league games only count for 2 points.

Geoff isn't in the league? Geoff, you stealer of points!! Smile
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Ah you're right Carson, I completely forgot to post a report of the game Patrick and I had. I don't remember all of the details but I am pretty sure the end was 14-6 for my Warriors after the secondary  (Unless my memory is foggy in which case Pat set me straight!)

His two Taurosaurs had me concerned about my deployment and he had a very strong flank that started to cruise on through and all I could do was try to sacrifice as few points as possible while holding them up, which luckily ended up working. This was mainly due to my Vortrx Fiend getting some ridiculously lucky positioning and being hidden from a devastating charge. My Lord and Knights with the stalker's standard made a B-line through some skinks and then Caimans, right into his deployment zone and coming back around swiftly.

Patricks big block of skink Braves with Caiman's inside performed quite well, the Caiman's themselves survivng for so long they managed to tear up a few things. And turn 6 his taurosaur giant bow missed killing my nearly 700 pt. wizard buy one digit! Phew!

I have to give Andre a big thanks as well for hosting in the famous garage this past weekend. I wish I could have gotten two games in but alas time did not allow for it.

I had a match against the returning Teagan's (Spelling?) Empire army and I gotta say I was lucky that I brought the list that I did otherwise his plethora of artillery and handguns would of been far more difficult to handle.  At the end of the day my chaff, vortex fiend, and chunks of other units were burried in the dirt along with most of the Empire's forces. Forcing his Knights with General to protect his warmachines allowed me to ignore their threatening presence until I had dealt with the rest of his army, including a steam tank!

It was a very long game Razz But more about learning and re-learning than anything which is never a bad thing! It was a non-league game so 2 pts. for me on that one.

Last edited by PeterW on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:35 pm

Oh ya, welcome to Teagan! (sp?) Either way, seems like he'd be a great addition to the community, so let's make him and his Empire army welcome!
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:12 pm

So, I had 3 non league player games at Onslaught. 2 points a game, plus painted for 12 points total! Wink

All 3 games were with super nice guys and I actually had a tough time picking my fave for best opponent. I gave it to the 3rd as he took a beating with honour. Smile

First game against Michael and his Empire. I eventually lost 13-7 with secondary, but the lucky bugger had a first turn charge with a Knight bus with Commander, Prelate and Iquisitor. He needed 17 on the dice to make the charge...and he did, through a forest, taking no wounds into my Necro Knight unit, which over ran into my general. Sadness. I was proud I actually fought to a draw, but lost secondary.

Second game against Dan and his Dwarfs. I tried to play smart instead of just rushing forward and put all of my shooting into that cursed Organ gun. Once it was gone, it opened up a lot of movement for me, getting me a solid win. My Ushabti unit fought hard against a Lord led Kings guard to the Front and BSB Grey beards to the flank. eventually lost, but pretty much wiped both units, so I was proud.

Third game against Kaylen and his Chaos warriors, with a pimped Sorc lord and BSB in a unit of 23 Chosen Warriors. I literally took a deep breath start of game and convinced myself not to charge forward for the big fights and try to out play this unit and army. Patience paid off and I took a 20-0 win.

I have to stress how all players were really nice guys and I had 3 great games. Don't even care what event is next - just want another one. Smile

Tonight I had a game against Brian and his Wrath warriors. My High Elves came off the shelf, literally dust covered and had a big back and forth bloody fight as everything in both armies does a lot of wounds. Started to swing my way near the end and eventually took a 17-3 win. 19-3 for me as I was fully painted.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:10 pm

I had real fun battle with Pete last night.

Pete's Warriors of the Dark Gods Change vs Derek's Warriors of the Dark Gods Pestilence.

We had the diagonal deployment with Flag secondary objective.

I loaded up heavily on my right flank with my Warriors w/BSB, Once Chosen w/General and Barbarians w/sorcerer.

I had my standard army with a Bloodbeast and 2 chariots while he had a monsterish army. He had a Chimera, large arc monster I have never seen before, giant chariot with sometype of mangler or something pulling it (I made sure I killed that first), a Demon Prince and a Lord of a Stead....besides his warriors, knights, chosen, mounted barbarians and dogs.
So it was gonna be a tough go.

I let him take turn one and I weathered the magic storm with only 4 dead warriors. His mounted barbarians charged mine and I believe we had a draw.
On my turn one I charged his crazy chariot and by doing this I was just next to his Chaos Knights and Demon Prince and Chimera. I beat down his crazy chariot and I did not run him down...ugh that was the issue all game for me. My warriors over ran into his knights as planned and my once chosen pursued right behind his crazy chariot.
Once again my magic phase was less than anything to talk about.
On his turn 2 his Lord beat down my Dragon Centaurs but did not chase them down and his chimera charged into the flank of my warriors. Despite this I ended up winning the combat and killed his knights and after another turn I also killed his chimera. On my right flank his mounted barbarians broke my mounted barbarians but did not run them down and they rallied and with the help of a chariot beat them down and killed them.
Speeding things up in this tale of woe...lol....he was ripping me apart with magic mostly my warriors taking alot of wounds. I took the right flank and broke his center but his Lord killed my Dragon Centaurs on a second charge, and his once chosen and Demon Prince massacred my large barbarian block doing 22 wounds on the first round of combat they we in together...i believe it was turn 3.
Overall he stayed away from me...My turns 4 and 6 were actually nothing on my part as he was staying away and I couldn't really hit him. Finally on turn 5 my BloodBeast got a charge off on his warriors and beat them down and they broke, again I failed to catch him. They failed to rally on turn six and we gone and his Arc Monster fled off the table also.
My failure to catch his units when I beat them on combat was my undoing. This left me stretched out and out of position. His magic attacks were devastating and in the end it was a minor loss for me.

Pete Change Warrior of the Dark Gods  11    vs   Derek's Pestilence Warriors of the Dark Gods  9
Pete beat me on secondary 3-2 and final score was 14-6 for Pete.

I might have to buff up my magic powers.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:17 pm

Love your battle reports Derek. Have you decided what army you'd like to put together?
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:36 am

I like reading battle reports.

I try to remember everything but its hard...getting old lol

I think I am set on putting together a finished Dread Elves army....I just have so many damn models right now I cant ignore them lol

But I like Chaos, I have a couple regiment boxes at home still from back int he day.

I want to see what the new rules do and I will either build up a Warriors of the Dark Gods Army or a Beastman Army.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:30 pm

I just realized I didn't post any of my Onslaught games. Must've been distracted.

Game 1 was a battle against Matt Lau and his wood elves. While i wasn't afraid of S3 shooting going into the match, coming out was a different story. After 5 rounds of trying to push towards his lines, my army was ground to dust. 20-0 loss but I was painted!

Game 2 was my empire vs Sheldon's beastherds. My army moved up slowly killing one ghorgon before starting a grind between his wildhorns and longhorns and my greatswords and general. My swordsmen held up a Ghorgon for more turns than they had any right to but the slow grind just pushed on with our generals pillow fighting in the middle. At the end I won 11-9 on points but lost secondary for a 12-8 loss.

Game 3 was a human civil war against the second Matt. Empire versus kingdoms. I was slow to move up and was less affected by scores of s3 shooting compared to the other Matt. After taking a Questing knight charge on my halberds, my greatswords moved in for the kill and wiped out the knights. His grail knights came around the other side but were ground down by shooting, artillery and dead bodies weighing down their lances so they were dragged well out of position. The game ended with a 13-7 win for me and I held the center for a 16-4 win.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:59 am

Pete and myself squared off last night. Warriors of change vs the Vermin swarms. This game came down to luck on my part when it counted. 2 comets from my magister killed large chunks of his army and my lightning cannon redeemed itself and killed his lord on daemonic steed. The rats are a very deceiving army, looking at them first glance, they seem quite easy to handle, but they can pack a punch. 20-0 for the vermin.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:15 am

Andre and I rolled dice tonight. It was diagonal deployment with a breakthrough secondary.

Andre dropped his whole army to take second turn with some shooty magicy ogres.

Turn 1. I advanced, nothing else. Andre's turn saw his scratapult misfire, it went down for two turns. Shooting was meh for Andre, I think he killed 2 orcs. Magic was even worse, low dice, failed spell etc. Nothing else

Turn 2. I advanced more, putting my trolls and giant right in his face, chaffing up one unit of tribesmen and readying a chariot charge. Andre's 2 he charged my giant with some tribesmen, failed a charge from his giant into my mounted feral orc eadbashers (which I actually really like, boar boyz suck? please son l2p). He managed to beat the giant holding my left flank in combat but not kill it, giants are amazing at making stubborn 10s, only not this time! Giant fled and Andre's ogres pursue into the combat with his tyrant and leadbelchers against my trolls. He swings like crazy at my trolls and manages to do one wound... my trolls swing back and manage 5! He then swings with his i0 lord and kills 3 more, ensuring the trolls need snake eyes to stay, they do not and they flee through a bunch of units and off the table, Andre does not pursue.

Turn 3. I made lots of charges. Boars charge a giant and kill it, overrun misses his scratapult by 1 inch. Chariots charged the rightmost tribesmen. My general and feral orc block charge his leftmost tribesmen. My orc horde charged his general and leadbelchers, taking a few wounds on the way in. This is where the game fell apart for Andre. I won the centre combat and overran my horde into his left tribesmen block. I then won that combat, pursued with general on wyvern and ferals but did not catch. The chariots killed 3 ogres doing 11 wounds in total. I won that combat but he stuck around.

On Andre's 3 he killed my last chariot, shot his scratapult doing a couple wounds to my horde but that was about it. By the beginning of my 5 I had killed everything on his side except 2 gorgers and had units in deployment for the secondary.

Result: 20-0 for the Orcs, I was painted for 22. I can not recall if Andre was painted or not.

Overall this was not a terrible game. Andre's dice on the other hand were pretty terrible, especially when it counted. A rematch is deserved.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:02 am

Yep my dice were rusty not trusty. I will maybe offer my old dice cubes as booby prizes.
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:50 pm

I had a ringside seat for his battle of the I was impressed with the power of the Orcs.

But I did feel that the Ogre Dice had some type of hex on them. Them Orcs sure could make those armor saves.

I plan on bringing some popcorn to the rematch Laughing
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:13 pm

Well I had a busy, fun and emotionally harrowing Saturday lol

I got two battles in.

Whilst Pat and Carson had a titanic struggle of Lizards and Rats Pete and myself had another clash - our Warriors of the Dark Gods faced each other again.

Pete's Warriors of the Dark Gods (Change) vs Derek's Warriors of the Dark Gods (Pestilence)

5000pts...We played CounterThrust with Breakthrough as the secondary.

I had my regular army list and Pete once again had a different Change list. This time he had multiple units of Warriors and again I was suspecting a lot of magic.

Trying to be smart I did something I have never done before, I dropped my army first with the plan of taking turn one. I went heavy on the right flank and felt I could sweep the field on my right side and take the secondary. Pete countered my main units of Barbarians, Warriors and Chosen with his Battle Shrine, Mauler Chariot and a unit of Warriors. On his right flank across from my Dragon Centaurs were his Knights, two units of warriors and his Lord on a Demonic Stead.
I took turn one and moved up but failed two charges and then I got worried as I felt I left myself open for a counter charge. On Pete's turn one he did not move too much but he also failed two charges and we laughed. Speeding things up, on my left flank his Knights, and warriors advanced to take the secondary while his Lord charged into my Dragon Centaurs and killed them....just like our last battle...ugh. In the center I charged his Mauler Chariot with my Blood Beast and broke his left flank with my Warriors and Chosen. My Mounted Barbarians took out his Mounted Barbarians and surprisingly then simply ran completely around the table as they could not really do much else...but they survived, first time ever lol.
I took out the Battle Shrine but Pete was able to magic me up and whittle down my key units. Due to my being on the right flank with my scoring units I was very much out of position to prevent him from taking the secondary or even engaging him properly. His Chosen were able to charge my large Barbarian block and he ripped them apart. In the end he encircled my warriors and taunted me with battle that did not come.
My decision to drop my entire army so quickly led to poor deployment and put me in a big hole. I have to rethink my magic list and weapons on my Chosen and Dragon Centaurs.

Pete Warriors of the Dark Gods (Change)   12    vs    Derek  Warriors of the Dark Gods (Pestilence)  8
Pete got the secondary
Pete 15 - 5 over Derek.

Last edited by Derek on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:04 pm

The list I took in that battle is definitely the one I am sticking with until 2.0 drops. Finally found my style I think. I quite enjoy having a rather threatening magic phase without taking a Sorceror/Demon Prince, the Once-Chosen, Chosen and Battle Shrine dish out more than enough, especially with the extra channel bonus and range provided by my Vortex Fiend. I couldn't believe the amount of failed charges that game! Especially when Derek's chariot needed a 3 on the dice and rolled three 1s! The deployment threw me off hard as I had to deploy 18" away from his entire army. It did allow me to pick and choose what I was going to go up against though which was huge for me. Splitting my core warriors into 2 blocks of 10 allowed me to get the secondary so I am glad I finally tried doing that.

In the end Derek's failed charges and less than desired combat rolls enabled me to hold my ground despite taking some rough casualities and let the rest of my army move freely.

I wish I got to see more of Pat and Carson's battle, there were some epic clashes from what I could hear!
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:27 pm

In my second battle of the day I helped Dom christen his new gaming table. I gotta get my ass in gear and get a table top.

Dom's Vampire Covenant vs Derek's Warriors of the Dark Gods (Pestilence)

We played Frontline Clash Deployment and the secondary was Breakthrough.

I deployed my standard army list but we only played 4500 points so I dropped a chariot and my Mounted Barbarians. Dom deployed a new army list for him. It had two Vampires deployed in two different units of Mounted Knights, a Banshee, a couple units of zombies, a large block of skeletons and an Alter of Death.

Once again I overthought the situation and figured I needed to get into his Knights quickly and that Alter....soooo I dropped my army all at once again. I had first turn and moved up> He had deployed his Vampire Knights on opposite flanks, his Banshee and War Alter were on his right while his zombie units and skeletons were spread out in the center. On my right my Dragon Centaurs failed a charge and by doing this they blocked my chariot and expose themselves to a charge. My Barbarian Block on my left charged his Banshee and killed it overrunning into the War Alter. Things were going ok there until the Vampire Knights with his Lord charged the flank and began to kick some Barbarian ass. On the right my Blood Beast charged some zombies and my Dragon Centaurs got charged by the Vampire Knights and died a horrible death (actually one survived and fled and later died from another attack). His Vampire Knights are nasty in combat...they took out a chariot that was out of position and got into the flank of my Warrior unit. I had charged my BSB out of the Warrior unit the previous turn to kill some zombies he raised and he continued on to assist in the fight against the Vampires on my left flank. Thinking back now I then played my BloodBeast wrong. It both helped me and hurt me. My blood beast was in combat with a unit of zombies and I was rolling very poorly the entire battle across the battlefield. The Bloodbeast lost combat to some zombies...yes I know...and then it fled and was run down and the zombies hit my warriors that were engaged with the Vampire Knights - the knights were on the flank of the warriors. The BloodBeast should have used my Generals Leadership...im a moron...anyway this gave me zombies to easily kill as I was not killing any Vampire Knights, that 1+ save is awesome and Dom was rolling well.
On my left flank my General with my Chosen Warriors got into the Vampire Knights rear....I honestly thought that now I had the game...it was like turn 3 and once I killed his General things would crumble. Well that did happen but no until turn 6...my General in like 5 rounds of combat only did like 3 wounds....uuuuggghhhhh....meanwhile his Vampire Knights killed one chosen warrior and all of my Barbarians and Sorcerer. On my right flank by killing a bunch of zombies my Warriors were doing ok against the Vampire Knights on their flank. But on turn 5 his Alter of the Undead lashed out and killed a bunch of warriors with that special ranged attached...hurt my chosen also....yup that sucks.
Well in the end it was a bloodbath and his zombie and skeletons really had no chance of taking the secondary but his remaining Vampire and one Knight took the secondary.
I need to change my magic....boost it, I need to change the weapons on my Chosen Warriors(strength 4 is not cutting it) and possibly my Dragon Centaurs and I really need to read my rules again as I am simply forgetting things my own guys can do lol
But in the end I should not have dropped my army down, I think with the list Dom played I should have deployed entirely differently.

Dom's Vampire Covenant 10 vs Derek's Warriors of the Dark Gods (Pestilence) 10
Dom got the secondary
Final Dom 13 - 7 Derek
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:22 pm

It was quite the game against Derek. His dice were not that great everything was rolling bellow average.

Highlight or low light of the game depending on what way you look at it was the zombies flank charging the beast and winning by one and running it down ..... right into the warriors vrs vampire knights ... I did eventually grind them down thanks to the alter of un death!

I was also really shocked by his once chosen? I thought when they got the rear charge on my generals knight unit it was game for sure. But like Derek mentioned strength 4 just does not cut it against 1+ AS knights.

I liked this list a bit more then my previous ones. It's definitely more risky then before with no evocations but the reward seems to pay off larger then before with lots of evocation but no real killing power. I will probably stick with it but may make a few small adjustments.
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 am

I might be missing some games that have not been reported? I know I'm missing a recent game between Pete and Pat, anyone else?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:11 am

I played a game against Derek last night, it didn't go well for the knights of Equitaine. I won't type up a story, I'll leave that to Derek but -1 to hit on WS 5 warriors is very powerful. Derek's warriors withstood a charge from 8 grail knights, my lord, BSB and a full Lance of knights of the realm and that's when I knew I had lost. I also forgot about the war banner I gave to my Pegasus knights which probably would have saved them. Oh well, lesson learned. I need to remember things.

17-3 and Derek got the secondary making it 20-0. I think we were both fully painted so 22-2.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Yes Nathan and I had a rematch and once again the dice gods were looking favorably upon the Warriors of Chaos.

Nathan R Knights of Equitaine vs Derek's Warriors of the Dark Gods (Pestilence)

We played a Refused Flank battle with a Hold the Ground Secondary.

Learning from my last two battles I did not simply drop my army....maybe one day in the far future when I'm drunk I will do that again but not now lol

I deployed my regular army list with only a minor change, I dropped a the Banner of Flith on my Chosen Warriors, I always forget about it anyway. I added great weapons onto my Chosen Warriors, they normally are hitting last anyway so I thought why not hit big. On the advice of Pete I changed my magic a little, I took Alchemy and got a couple of decent spells, but during the battle I only managed to kill one Knight so as usual magic is not my game.
Nathan altered his standard army list a bit, not sure exactly what he changed, I think it was the load out on his Pegasus Knights.

I deployed mostly on my left flank with my chariot on my far left then Chosen Warriors with my General, then my Warriors, my Barbarian Block behind them, then a chariot my Dragon Centaurs, mounted barbarians and then my Blood Beast.
Nathan had two Trebuchets on hills on his left flank well away from my units - my closest units were my mounted Barbarians and my Blood beast. Then on his left he had a unit of 6 Pegasus Knights, then a large Lance of Grail Knights with his General, then Errant Knights, then Realm Knights with his BSB and Sorceress. Finally he had a unit of scouting Questing Knights that deployed onto my side behind my Barbarians.....I felt hemmed in even though I had more units. The Questing Knights and the Trebs were the pinchers while his hammer were his three lances.

Now going from memory - it is a steel-trap I think I might have misplaced the key though Very Happy

Nathan had first turn and he charged my mounted barbarians which I had vanguarded up in front of my Dragon Centaurs. Naturally they fled and he failed the charge with his Errant Knights. Other than that he moved his Pegasus Knights slightly and his Questing Knights and then killed 7 barbarians with a Trebuchet. I realized I was going to be the one getting charged, I moved my Dragon Centaurs up slightly (they had a chariot next to them on the left) thinking they could force the issue and moved my Blood Beast towards the right flank to threaten the Treb and the Pegasus Knights. My Mounted Barbarians rallied and moved to the right flank also. On my left I moved stupidly and was not able to march with my Chosen as they were hemmed in by my chariot and some impassable ground. My Warriors moved up and my Barbarians moved back a bit.
On turn 2 his Grail Knights and Errant Knights charged my Dragon Centaurs, the Pegasus Knights charged my Blood Beast and his Questing Knights charged the flank of my Barbarian Block. The Grail Knights failed but the Errant Knights made it in, the Pegasus Knights got in and the Questing Knights were in easily - I should have expected this and I should have reformed my Barbarians to face the Questing Knights.
I had arraigned my large units to be around the secondary...pretty obvious but it has been many games since I got a secondary lol
Combat did not start out well for me...the Errant Knights fucked up the Dragon Centaurs and did like 11 wounds while I killed I think 1 Knight - the Dragons Centaurs broke and were run down. The Pegasus Knights did I think 2 wounds and the Blood Beast did only 1 but he held on a nice low leadership roll. The Questing Knights killed I think 3 or 4 Barbarians, I lucked out and killed 1 Questing Knight with a wild stab from a dying Barbarian. I believe I actually won combat by one and I reformed to face the Questing Knights.In his shooting phase a Treb chucked a rock and I believe he killed 2 or 3 Warriors. In my turn 2 I had no charges but I turned my chariot to face the Errant Knights and I moved the Mounted Barbarians toward the right flank for a future charge, I did not go into the Pegasus battle with them as they would be easy kills for Knights. On my left I moved up my other chariot and Chosen Warriors. No magic as my Sorcerer was in combat. Combat went well for followers of Pestilence. The Blood Beast survived the Knights and Pegasus attacks with only 1 wound and it did 3 wounds to the Knights - the Pegasus Knights broke and were run down. In the combat with the Questing Knights my Sorcerer had initiative and killed 3 Knights with a Toxic Breath Attack then cut down the last one with his sword - the Questing Knights were done.
On Turn 3 Nathan charged his Grail Knights and his Lance of Realm Knights into my Warriors and he also moved his Errant Knights towards my Blood Beast. Well this did not look good for me, I thought he was going to crush my Warriors then most likely overrun into my Barbarians. As Nathan said the -1 to hit my Warriors was an issue for him. He did like 6 wounds which included killing my champion in a challenge and 1 overkill wound. I killed like 2 or 3 knights in return. After everything was added up Nathan won by 6 and I could only hold on a 3. Well I rolled a 3 and held - crazy.
My turn 3 - KABOOM - my Chosen Warriors with my General charged the flank of his Realm Knights in combat with my Warriors, the Blood Beast charged a Trebuchet, and a Chariot charged the rear of his Errant Knight Lance (the chariot took a couple of wounds from a spell from DT's). I moved my Mounted Warriors up to charge the other treb next turn. No magic for me as nothing was in range. The Blood Beast killed the treb and reformed to face back into combat. The chariot killed like 4 Errant Knights and broke them but did not catch them. My General went first and avenged the Dragon Centaurs. I killed 6 Knights and with ranks and flags and flanks I won combat by 5 or 6. The Grail Knights held with a snappy roll but the Characters in the Realm Knights unit fled and the Chosen Warriors in pursuit slammed into the flank of the Grail Knights. So the KABOOM would continue into next turn.
Knights of Equitaine Turn 4 the Errant Knights rallied and I believe the two characters that fled rallied also. The remaining Trebuchet dropped a rock on the Blood Beast and killed the poor beast. In combat my General unleashed his fury on the Grail Knights - KABOOM - and they got fucked up. The Grail Knights I think were all dead or damn close and there was an auto-brake issue and they were chased down and caught. My turn 4 began with my Mounted Barbarians charging and killing the last Trebuchet, the chariot charging into the Errant Knights and killing a few more but in reply getting killed as it only had one wound left. The Chosen Warriors charged into the Sorceress and BSB and they were killed by my General.

Battle Over - the Errant Knights survived, bloodied and bruised.
The battle went back and forth rather quickly in the first two turns. The Warriors of Pestilence holding on a three even without the available re-roll was huge. My Dragon centaurs die way to easy and I have to figure something out with magic...perhaps Shamanism is the way to go. Great Weapons on both my Warrior units is huge and it did help that Nathan failed that Grail Knight charge early on.
The table looked great, I really like Nathans Army and his Pegasus Knights are awesome.
I had fun.

NathanR Knights of Equitaine 3  vs  Derek's Warriors of the Dark Gods (Pestilence) 17
I got the secondary    20-0 final.
I do believe Nathan was fully painted.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson Yesterday at 12:10 pm

Couple of games at my house last night. My rats were almost tabled by Nathans orcs last night 19-1, and Derek got beat up by Doms undead......not sure what the scores were from Friday night.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Yesterday at 11:31 pm

Friday night I met Andre at the Den and we rolled some dice.

Andres Ogre Khans vs Derek's Warriors of the dark Gods (Pestilence)

We played Refuse the Flank with Hold Ground secondary.

I have not played against the Ogres in many years and was looking forward to it. I was worried about Andres 2 Giant army as my close combat designed army has been hurt by Giants in the past...Yell and Bawl is my enemy.

Well I am too old and tired to hammer out a detailed battle report....but there were some highlights that need to be passed on.
After I deployed and the game began I lamented that things don't look good as I felt I deployed horribly...Andre smiled at that and Dom laughed. But I was not feeling confidant but it was fun game - I luv playing lol
Magic was nasty for Andre. He miscast twice and killed his Sorcerer and in his 2nd miscast he did like 10 wounds to his Ogre unit.
One of his Giants got off Yell & Bawl and my unit of Warriors rolled 11 twice and fled and were run down...ack.
Overall things went well for the Warriors of the Dark Gods.

Andre Ogre Khans 4 - Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods (Pestilence) 16
No one got the secondary.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top