9th Age Summer-Fall 2017 League Reports

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 9th Age Summer-Fall 2017 League Reports

Post  Derek on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:35 pm

Had a blast at Carson's on Sat battling Pats Lizard Army.

We had a basic deployment with breakthrough as the secondary objectively

I deployed heavy on my left flank - Chosen wGeneral, Warriors w/BSB, Barbarians w/Sorcerer. In my center and a little on my right flank I deployed a couple of chariots, Dragon Centaurs, my Blood Beast and a unit of Mounted Barbarians.
Pat deployed mostly across from my Chariots and Blood Beast. He had 2 units of Saurus Warriors, Croxigors, skinks, a skink chief on a Terradon. Across from the bulk of my army he dropped 2 salamanders, a unit of skinks and a Stegadon.

I was really concerned about magic and perhaps the Chaos Gods heard my prayers as his Skink Shaman miscast on the first turn and ended up dying from the evil winds of magic. In my first magic turn I also miscast and went down to one wound. Magic was not a big factor in the battle lol

As for the battle we it seems we both tried to roll up each others flank but we were both unsuccessful. He relied on his two bolt throwers to weaken me, however he was not very accurate and kept missing. On turn 1 the Chaos Gods were truly smiling as his Salamanders blew up and then he was only able to rely on his stegadon to slow my units down. My large block of Barbarians charged a unit of Saurus Warriors and over two turns were ground down. This was after I had gobbled up a unit of saurus warriors with a chariot and dragon centaurs. He controlled the right flank but on the left my General charged out of the unit of Chosen and took out the Stegadon. It did unfortunate take 2 rounds of combat.

It was a fun game and both Pat and I made some mistakes. We both forgot about the secondary objectives and by taking those it would have swayed the overall victory. As such I was able to eliminate most of his larger units and I had my big ones left. I made some glaring errors by not moving a chosen a few times and he couldve charged me a couple of times I think and was reluctant.

13-7 for Chaos over Lizardmen

Like I said fun battle..I want a rematch and I need to give Pete a beat down lol

Thanks for the table and hospitality Carson
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:30 am

Carson and I played a game last night, his skaven vs my bretonnians. Long story short, his rat ogres were responsible for killing half my army. My Trebuchets were innacurate and useless and the only charges I made successfully were ones I didn't have to roll for. Elsewhere my dice were rolling high when I needed them to be low and low when I needed them to be high. My general sliced through his abomination like a hot knife through butter and my questing knights chopped up his doomwheel.

In the end I had 4 very expensive models left on the table facing down half Carson's army but I won the secondary which turned the rout into an 11-9 victory for Carson. I was fully painted as well so 11-11.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:48 am

The dice Gods were very angry at Nathan last night!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:01 pm

It's ok, I've had some good dice in our previous 2 games this league so I was about due for a bad one.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:05 am

Played a game against Pete tonight, among a PACKED house of D and D'ers... it was as uncomfortable as you'd think xD.

Armies were OG taking on WotDG, scenario was attacker defender thing, secondary was breakthrough.

At the beginning of the game, for the first 2-3 turns there was a lot of positioning, with Pete unsure about how to handle my Gnasher Wrecking Teams (mangler squigs). By his turn two(he went second) he decided to sacrifice an 8 man marauder horseman block and a 10 man chosen block to remove them both from the battlefield, his units died to a man in doing so. This early board control made me able to make a lot of charges.

Turn 3 I charged my feral boar riders with lord into his once chosen of change, aided by a goblin rider charge into their flank. This ended up as a win for me but nothing happened, I eventually broke them after a few rounds but lost all the boar riders and all the wolf riders in the process.

My feral orc eadbashers and giant charged his 18 man unit of warriors of wrath, my wizard was also in this unit of ferals. The combo charge was enough to auto break the warriors, my ferals were then forced to overrun into his lord on juggernaut.

My iron orcs failed a charge into his once chosen and the next turn were charged in the flank by 5 wrath knights. The knights won the combat, the IO held and reformed to face. The next turn I counter charged with my wolf chariots and wiped out the knights with impact hits.

His lord got in a 3 turn combat with my wizard, who with scarification and ws10 was tough to take down, but in the end he went down. The lords was able to pass 2 ld7 checks and not flee, this was huge as if he had failed either the game would have ended much differently. Having passed both checks Pete had just enough turns left to eliminate that feral unit to a man, causing a tie for the secondary.

At the end of the game Pete had 4 models left, I had much more, but not many more points.

Result: Win for Orcs and Goblins, 12-8. I was fully painted so 14-8.

This was a really good game, with it appearing to both of us to be a little more one sided than it really was. 10/10 would play again.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:53 am

It was a super fun game aside from the environment we had to play in ;P I learned a lot as always and made some mistakes when building my list that will not be made again. It really is funny how deceiving the board can be in terms of the game leaning less to one side than it appears. Thanks again for the great game Nathan. I look forward to the next time we lock horns!
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Its a fact. Never give up the result at the end of turn 6 will mostly surprise you even if turn 3/4 looks bad
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:27 am

I played Nathan R last night...so if I pay another $20 I can wipe my current record back to zero right? My dice hated me. I got one spell off which Nathan scolled and i failed 4x to dispel his spells by 1 dice pip.
Top of one we were in combat. I lost about 800 pts in each of the 1st 2 turns. Really not sure how I survived to turn 6 taking half his army including general ( whos a beast in cc) but getting tabled in return.
I had one glorious moment where 10 handgunners charged down a hill through difficult terrain losing 2 brothers into the flank of a long unit of knights to avenge there grisly greybearded papas. Nathan needed a reroll to save him from the table edge...then I died.
Nathan for the win 16 to 4 plus secondary and painting so 21 to 1.
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:16 am

My trebuchet had 4 turns of misses which had me ready to throw it on the shelf and never use it again but then I managed a long shot on a 6 and it killed 14 rangers. I guess I'll keep it. My general did punch above his weight class once again, killing 3 hold guardians and a runesmith over the course of the game before being pulled down by deepwatch. I was most impressed that I managed to grind through 2 units of deepwatch. The knights aren't generally known for their staying power. Magic was definitely the swing though, I managed to cast all my spells almost every turn. I had two miscasts but they resulted in one wound between the two of them. I also tried using the favour of the grail so my ward save was boosted vs armour piercing things rather than high strength things. I think I like it better (vs dwarfs anyway) butill need to try it against more opponents to be sure. I might change my onslaught army. The knights were way more fun to use.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:52 am

Hey, noticed I've been neglecting to post reports. 3 games to report, carson vs pete 19-1, carson vs derek 16-4, carson vs nathan A. 19-3

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Argghhh....Yes Carson beat me down with his Rats.

My Chaos army seemed a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of units the rats deployed and despite my trying to refuse his flank he was able to slow me down with Scouts and that Damn DreadWheel!!

Because he was able to force my hand I hit him piecemeal with individual units and them rats can take a beating.

In the end I was out of position for my warriors to fight to the death and I could not get the secondary which he seized.

Good Battle Carson but I will smash those rats like I did your Empire (insert maniacal laugh...).

Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:35 pm

The world will be ours man-things, yes yes!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:55 pm

Andre and I had a rematch this morning.  Diagonal deployment with breakthrough secondary.  The game went better for Andre at the start but he made a crucial error in deciding the order of the two main combats in the middle late in the game.  A failed rerollable break test saw his BSB's unit flee and get run down which allowed me to overrun my knights of the realm into the other combat giving me the opportunity to add a full lance formation worth of charging attacks into the combat.  He failed a few crucial break tests and it was pretty much all over.  He managed to get 2 scoring units into my deployment zone to offset the 2 I had in his.  It was a 15-5 and I was painted so 17-5.

It was a very tight game which probably would have gone Andre's way had he not failed those crucial break tests.  Thanks for hosting Andre, I'm sure you'll get me next time.  For all of you who didn't show up to Andre's garage today, you missed out on playing at the best Warhammer venue in Saskatchewan.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:30 am

nathanr wrote:Andre and I had a rematch this morning.  Diagonal deployment with breakthrough secondary.  The game went better for Andre at the start but he made a crucial error in deciding the order of the two main combats in the middle late in the game.  A failed rerollable break test saw his BSB's unit flee and get run down which allowed me to overrun my knights of the realm into the other combat giving me the opportunity to add a full lance formation worth of charging attacks into the combat.  He failed a few crucial break tests and it was pretty much all over.  He managed to get 2 scoring units into my deployment zone to offset the 2 I had in his.  It was a 15-5 and I was painted so 17-5.

It was a very tight game which probably would have gone Andre's way had he not failed those crucial break tests.  Thanks for hosting Andre, I'm sure you'll get me next time.  For all of you who didn't show up to Andre's garage today, you missed out on playing at the best Warhammer venue in Saskatchewan.

So glad everyone's getting some gaming in, and I agree, Andre's garage is my fave spot - feels like a club house. Very Happy
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:10 pm

Peter and i also faced off. It was a pretty even battle with a few close combat leadership rolls. My deepwatch wrecked his warrior block in the center and overran turning the game into a positioning battle.
My small unit of handgunners battled his ambusher for most of the game and my rangers did the same with his mauler.
It ended in an 11 to 9 win for me with no secondary as we forgot to pick scoring units at the start
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:19 am

Pete and I had a Battle of Chaos Warbands on Tues night.

Pete has a great gaming area, except his bouncy battlefield was hexed and it made my dice roll many 1's and 2's.

My Chaos Pestilence Army seemed so small compared to his Chaos Wrath Army.

We played an 18" deployment and the secondary was "Hold the Ground".

We randomly placed terrain before the battle. There was a large mountain which counted as impassable terrain near the "hold the ground" target in the middle of the battlefield and this mountain will end up playing a big factor in the battle.

I deployed first and placed the bulk of my army in the middle of the battlefield directly across from the secondary objective. I had my Mounted Barbarians, Dragon Centaurs and a Harbringer on a Manticore on my left flank across from his unit of warriors, Knights, General, once chosen, 2 chariots and his Sorcerer. Pete had two Sorcerers and 5 spells which out matched my lone apprentice with his breath spell and magic missile spell. Pete deployed the bulk of his army on his right flank across from my Harbringer on a Manticore. Pretty quiet battle through 4 turns. I dodged the bulk of his magic attacks through sheer luck and his poor rolling. We both miscast at one point and he took a wound and I lost some Barbarians.
Pete seemed afraid of my Manticore and did not charge my units until turn 4. Before this my Dragon Centaurs had to charge his Knights and he did like 8 wounds and I displayed the 1's and 2's on my purple dice and the Centaurs died a horrible death. I charged my Manticore into his unit of warriors and although I killed three of them, once again those 1's and 2's came alive and the combat was a push....in the second round he beat me down....ugh. One of his chariots charged my Mounted Barbarians and although he whiffed my boys still broke, but they ran to the edge of the table and he failed to catch them. By turn 4 his chariot and his Knights with his Anointed General were in position to charge my Anointed and Once Chosen. Well my General and his Chosen Boys did not fair that great. What helped me was that the unit survived but still fled. He caught me but by now it was turn 5 and he was out of position to affect the final outcome. While my left flank collapsed and his General took down my General my large unit of Barbarians and my Warriors were sauntering towards the secondary objective across from his Once Chosen. I had a chariot on my right flank that was constantly out of position due to the terrain and actually did nothing all battle. It all came down to the bottom of turn 6. I got a spell off and tried to kill his Sorcerer, I did one wound, I forgot I had a breath weapon and I could have hit him again....oh well the main action was my Warriors with my BSB charging his Once Chosen that were on top of the objective. I smashed into him and the Gods smiled....my Warriors Hacked and Slashed and could smell blood and victory...he ended up auto-braking and I had two units within 6 inches of the objective.

I lost the battle 13-7 on points but with the "Hold the Ground" objective in my possession I was able to pull off a 10 -10 Draw.

Once again a fun battle. I was able to weather the nasty Winds of Magic and I benefited from him being scared of my Harbringer on a Manticore. Also he had deployed in echelon on his right flank, this was largely due to his having a lot of units and the impassable terrain causing us both issues. His deployment allowed me to maneuver to take the objective. I didn't use my Manticore properly and my Dragon Centaurs look great (awesome stuff Carson) and hit hard with Strength 7 but they soak up the wounds with their low initiative. I only won one combat in the entire battle but that one helped pull off the Draw.

Pete Chaos Wrath - 10
Derek Chaos Pestilence - 10
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:21 pm

Don stopped by a game today. Carson (Hordes of the Under-Empire......cool eh!) vs Don Bloodthirster and friends

I was called to work so we made it to bottom of turn5.....which made the game much closer as I think I would have colmpletely folded in turn6.

It was a great scrap with lots of back and forth sways.....I lost my verminguard and bsb turn 2 to 3 lowly crushers. Shocked , Don lost his huge deamon mauler and Chariot cannon to an abomination in one go Very Happy

The game ended in a 12-8 for Don, neither of us were painted.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:14 pm

Dwayne and I crammed into the Den today and had a battle.
The place was packed, there was 40K, a Guild Ball tourney, some L5R and some D&D. Needless to say it was busy and loud.

My Chaos Pestilence vs Dwayne's Empire army.

It was fairly standard deployment, except we had to by 18" apart (counter-thrust)and the secondary was "Hold the Ground".

I deployed first with my large block of Barbarians with my Sorcerer in the middle close to the objective. With my Dragon Centaurs and Chosen with my General on the right. On my left was the rest of my army, my Warriors with BSB, Mounted Barbarians and a Chariot with my Harbinger on Manticore on my far left.

The Empire forces were vast and formidable. On his left flank he placed a Canon, Mortar, Engineer and handgunners. On his far right flank he placed some mounted pistoliers. In his center he had a massive block of Great Swords flanked by Halbardiers with a War Alter trailing and another unit of gunners. On his right flank he had another large block of swordsman and his Knights with his General.

We both vanguarded our mounted units, with his Mounted Gunners moving to my Chosens flank and my Barbarians moved to chaff up his Knights. Well I let him go first and he charged my Mounted Barbarians, I fled and he redirected into my Warriors of Pestilence with my BSB. He had a lot of magic but I weathered the storm and despite losing a Chosen from his guns I went fairly unscathed. In combat he tore me up and his 2+ armour save was tough to beat. I held in combat and things looked good for my turn. I charged his flank with my Manticore and the other flank with my chariot. My magic phase in this and in every turn was sad as I basically had only Breath of Corruption which useful only once. My Mounted Barbarians rallied but my dice failed me (both Manticore and Chariot did poorly) and despite winning combat he held. In the Empire turn 2 he did some more shooting and buffed some units while moving only slightly. Combat was again non-conclusive. On my turn 3 I only moved slightly, positioned myself around the objective but fearful of his Great Sword block. I finally won combat and chased him down - killing his Knights and General. On his next turn he charged my much weakened Warriors with a Block of Swordsman and Halbardiers. I unexpectedly held and although I survived another hailstorm of magic and shooting he was hurting me. His mortar killed 18 of my Barbarians from my main large block...ugh. Well I decided to move them and charged into the Swordsman and my Manticore also charged as well as my chariot. Well I won that combat and took out those units. I was now looking good as my units although weakened were all together and heading towards the objective - my Chariot and Manticore were lined up to do some real damage behind his ranks. Well his turn comes up and his artillery and magic became undeniable and he took out my chariot and Manticore and finally my last mounted barbarian as he was threatening his cannon. His block of Great Swords smashed into my Barbarians wiping them out an making my Sorcerer flee. My Warriors and Dragon Centaurs hit his Great Swords and beat them down and turned the battle. In the end my Dragons Centaurs charged his last unit of handunners and killed them....MY General never got into combat and the Chosen simply took the bullets and artillery rounds all battle. The objective was a wash as we both had a unit in the zone.
It came down to points and I had him by less than 400.
His General's units of Knights and his Great Swords were worth a lot of points.

Derek (Chaos) 11 Dwayne (Empire) 9

It was a really fun game. I look forward to playing Dwayne again. He was very nice in helping me with the rules and is a solid opponent.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:11 pm

Ok crew, here's what happened at my house over the weekend. I'll post the results and everyone can chime in if they want to say something about their own games.

Sat Oct 7;

Round 1:
Don vs. Brian, 17-3 for Don
Carson vs. Dom, 14-6 for Dom
Nathan A vs. Nathan R, 20-0 for Nathan A
Sean vs. Peter, 15-5 for Sean

Round 2:
Don vs. Nathan A, 16-4 for Don
Dom vs. Sean, 15-5 for Dom
Peter vs. Carson, 20-0 for Peter
Nathan R vs. Brian, 16-4 for Nathan R

Round 3:
Nathan R vs Peter, 20-0 for Nathan R
Dom vs. Nathan A, 15-5 for Nathan A
Don vs. Carson, 20-0 for Don
Sean vs. Brian, 15-5 for Brian

After everyone left, Dom stuck around for one last game. My Daemons vs his frustrating Vampire Counts. I swear the VC can play the castling game as well as Dwarfs and the characters gaining wounds back is soooooo soul draining. Smile We had an excellent back and forth game with A LOT of Daemon blood and Zombie parts spilled on both sides. After it was all over end of turn 6, there was only a 91 point difference which shows how much of a scrap the game really was. A few times in the game I was absolutely convinced I would win or lose. Very Happy Super great game and thanks Dom!

Don vs. Dom, 10-10 Draw!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:15 pm

Not much to add, got my face punched in by Nathan A's orcs, and then my knights rode down some warriors of chaos twice in a row. My lord has two new daemon prince heads adorning his trophy hall. I was fully painted for all 3 games.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:55 pm

I had three frustrating games.

On reflection, I had a terrible army build and played poorly once I got frustrated. I'm really glad we had this prep tourney as I would have really been disappointed if I had taken the list to Edmonton. Shows how important it is to know the army you are taking to a tournament. I've been playing skaven for so long I have the army dialed in to what I want from it and just assumed that I would pick up with the Orcs where I left off.

Regardless, hobby days are such a chance to hang out with friends and enjoy like minded company! Thanks everyone.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:47 pm

I was fully painted for all games.

As far as my loss to Don goes I am positive I had the momentum rolling, and would have crushed the rest of his army if we'd been able to finish... yeah, I'm positive....
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Nathan.A. wrote:I was fully painted for all games.

As far as my loss to Don goes I am positive I had the momentum rolling, and would have crushed the rest of his army if we'd been able to finish... yeah, I'm positive....

That's what rematches are for!

....to prove you're wrong. Very Happy
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:26 am

MY Chaos warband had a battle with NathanR's Bretonnians this evening.

We played the Encircle Deployment with Breakthrough as the secondary objective.

Nathan was kind enough to host a battle, I really like his table and I'm a big fan of Bretonnians in general and as we all know Nathan has an awesome looking Bret Army.

I deployed first and my overall plan was to stay away from his many blocks and try to get into the Breakthrough bonus. However, the terrain and the Encircle deployment really hindered this plan. I couldnt really load up on one specific flank.
As such my Chariot and large block of Barbarians were deployed on my left, my far left flank had my Warriors and my Harbinger on a Manticore. In my center I placed my Mounted Barbarians and Chosen Warriors with my General. On my Right flank I placed my Dragon Centaurs. He placed the majority of his units on his right flank across from the majority of my units. In his center he placed a unit of Peg Knights and his Grail Knights across from my Generals Chosen One Unit. He had a unit of Peg Knights and a Trebuchet on his left flank. His Questing Knight scouted in a forest not to far from my Dragon Centaurs. We both used vanguard and I moved up my Mounted and he only slightly moved his Questing Knights.
He had first turn and moved up slightly, buffed up some units with magic and whiffed with his Trebuchet. On my turn one I had two good charges lined up, my Chariot into his Errant Knighst and my Dragon Centaurs into his Peg Knights. I brutally failed both rolls and slowly moved forward. I moved up my Manticore and Warriors on my flank to ward off any nasty charges and thinking I have to get these guys into combat as far away from my zone as possible.....Crazy bad move at the time lol. My magic phase was nothing of any note. On Nathan's turn 2 he had a juicy charge into my Warriors with his Peg Knights, a block of Knight Errant and a block of Knights of the Realm....my Warriors were 7 wide with great weapons, a BSB and the War banner. on my right flank he charged my Dragon Centaurs with his Questing Knights. Well I lost both battles. The Centaurs did a couple of wounds and still lost by 2, they fled 10 inches and luckily he did not catch them as he only went 9 inches. On my left my Warriors did about three wounds but he did well and killed like 14 warriors. My Wariors auto broke and he caught them....his Peg Knights hit my Manticore while his Errant Knights and Knights of the realm did not go that far forward. My Chariot panicked and broke and did not rally. The Chaos forces did not look that great at the moment. On my turn 2 my block of Barbarians with my Sorcerer charged the flank of his Knights of the Realm. On my right flank my Dragon Centaurs rallied. My Sorcerer was a mage possessed and killed 3 knights with a toxic breath weapon and I won combat, they broke and I chased...he fled off the battlefield and then his Errant Knight Lance panicked off the table also. The Manticore and Peg Knights fought to a draw. On the Bretonnian turn 3 his Peg Knights (he had 2 units) and his Grail Knights with his General charged my Generals Chosen One unit (which I had moved right up close to his Grail Knights, as I knew they were going to get charged so I felt it was best if it was as far from my zone as possible) and his Questing Knights charged the reformed Dragon Centaurs. In combat the Chosen One unit did really well and my General took three wounds but fought on. My Dragon Centaurs wiped out the Questing Knights. On my turn my Manticore won combat and I controlled the entire left flank while on my right only the Dragon Centaurs remained and they marched across the battlefield. I marched the Dragon Centaurs as I felt that my Generals Chosen Warriors were going to perish in battle and I would send my Centaurs to simply take the objective. My Mounted Barbarians did a couple wounds with throwing weapons to the Trebuchet but on my turn 4 they charged it and defeated it in combat. I got lucky as the Trebuchet only killed 3 Barbarians during the battle....I was worried about the impact it could have on the battle. MY Chosen One Warriors and my General did well in combat. The plus one to hit my warriors really helped and my General attacked his Rank and File while dodging death from the Bret General with a sweet ward save. With only one Peg Knight left and his General he fled and I did not catch him. On my turn 4 I charged these two fleeing knights with my Chosen Ones my General wanted blood, they failed to catch them but the Peg Knight flew off the battlefield and the Bret General ran towards the edge of the battlefield. On my turn 5 I charged the Bretonnian General (he had rallied) with my Harbinger on a Manticore and my Dragon Centaurs....big mistake. His General wanting revenge crushed my Harbinger and killed him outright while the Dragon Centaurs fled and he caught them...ugh. In the end my General wanted to finish this human off and charged in and killed the Bretonnian General.
The Chaos Gods smiled upon me tonight....it appeared early that i was going to be rundown by cavalry and broken with lances. However, my Warriors sacrifice and my Chosen Ones resilience made up for the Manticore's poor showing, a fleeing chariot and Dragon Centaurs that run from battle. The deployment hurt me and my battleplan but my lucky turn 3 helped Chaos turn the battle around.

It was a fun battle and I look forward to playing Nathan and his Bretonnians again. He had me on the ropes but the dice gods smiled upon Chaos tonight.

It ended 15-5 for my Chaos Warband and I got the Secondary and he was fully painted.

Final
Derek Chaos Pestilence 18 NathanR Bretonnians 4
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Had a great game last night with Carson - it was a bloodbath to say the least.

Derek's Warriors of the Dark Gods specifically Pestilence Warband vs Carson's Orc Warband

We played 4500 pts - Carson wanted a tune up with his modified Onslaught Orc Tourney Army.

We had the Counter-thrust Deployment and had Breakthrough as the Secondary Objective.

I deployed first and placed my block of Barbarian Warriors in my center, my left had my chariot and Mounted Barbarians while my right had my Warriors w/BSB, Chosen One w/General and my Dragon Centaurs.
Carson had many more units - across from my Barbarians he had his Orcs on Hogs (cav), BSB in a Chariot, and a large unit of Black orcs. On my left he had his large block of Night Goblins and a Giant. On my right across the bulk of my army he has his General on a Wrvyn, Trolls, and Gigantic Squig Monster.

I went first and vanguarded my Mounted Barbarians and I played the fanatics or Mad Git rule wrong and moved them close to his night goblins to chaff up his Orc Cav and hopefully pop the mad gits out. Well I did not play them correctly and misunderstood the rules and they did not pop out, so when on his turn one he charged them he sadly caught them and no mad gits popped out. On the rest of my first turn i just moved up.
Turn one magic for both of us was not a factor, he didnt move much and on my turn 2 I charged his chariot but failed it but I charged his trolls and broke them with my Dragon Centaurs. My Chosen One Warriors charged also but failed. My Warriors were firmly in his zone as I moved them up hard. I also charged his Night Goblins with my Barbarians - what the hell i thought. Well my Barbarians did not do great and it was a push, this despite being ravaged by the fanatics lol. On turn 4 I rallied and we fought again and I ran and his night goblins caught my barbarians....not expected by either of us. Lots of combat in the battle and only a few spells got off - I did do one wound to his BSB Chariot with a spell and could have killed him that would have been great. My Chosen One unit with my General charged his Orc Cav and did not do great and he held. In following turns his BSB Chariot charged in and died and his Giant charged in. On turn 5 I beat him down hard and was up by 6 I think in combat resolution but his friggin Giant rolled Yell & Ball and I lost by two and I ran...we laughed hard and I then winced as I took him off the table as they were chased down lol. On my left flank his general took a charge from my Warriors, he killed my BSB but I won combat, his General held but ended up dying later, but the remnants of his Orc Cav were in the melee also and they ran. But on my turn 6 I charged my Dragon Centaurs into his Orc Cav they fled and I redirected into his general and really killed him hard lol
In the end after all the blood and gore he had a unit of Night Goblins in my zone and I had a weakened unit of Dragon Centaurs and Warriors on the battlefield.

Derek Chaos Pestilence 12     Carson Orcs  8
Carson got he secondary

Derek 9  Carson 11

ARGGGHHHH  those damn Night Goblins

great game....good luck at the tourney
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down