9th Age Summer-Fall 2017 League Reports

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 9th Age Summer-Fall 2017 League Reports

Post  Carson on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:10 pm

Its tough to play against Undead raising with an open mind, but the extra 1500 pts he raised got him a draw, right? It is what the army is about. Can you imagine that army not being able to raise!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:14 pm

My dice didnt help me much during the first 4 turns
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Mhael wrote:My dice didnt help me much during the first 4 turns

Yep like I was saying last night for me raising my units it was ideal as it could have been , getting almost all my spells off and all my raise rolls were also pretty dam good.

After the first test I most certainly learned a few things and have to go back to the drawing board on a few things. Trying to keep everything inside my bubble ranges became difficult very fast , and trying to move like I was was not effective. I needed to close the door much faster to start grinding away wounds. Also my "power house" units didn't really do as well as I thought they would but lesson learned
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:41 pm

I brought out the Ogres for Carson's gamesday weekend and they didn't disappoint! I fell in love with Shamanism (sorry Dwayne Wink ) but I'm not sure about Ogres, gonna sit them on the shelf for a bit and see what happens.

Game 1. Ogres vs. Carsons, Vermin Swarm. 20-0 for me. Got secondary and neither painted.

Game 2. Ogres vs. Andre's Dwarfs. 20-0 for me. I got secondary, neither painted.

Game 3. Ogres vs. Sean's Dread Elves. 20-0 for me. I got secondary, neither painted.

Game 4. Ogres vs. Pete's Warriors (Welcome Pete!). 20-0 for me. I got secondary, neither painted.

Game 5. Ogres vs. Dwayne's Empire. 17-3 for me. no secondary (we forgot), neither painted.

5 games, 97 points...was a good event. Other's can mention some of the game highlights.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:26 pm

squalie wrote:

Game 5. Ogres Totemic Beasts vs. Dwayne's Empire. 17-3 for me. no secondary (we forgot), neither painted.

Fixed a typo for you Wink

In all truth, I'm sure there are ways of dealing with totemic beasts that I just haven't figured out. It's a tool in the toolbox and I just need to figure it out (without needing to take a steam tank). Maybe more units of pistol infantry or Reiters.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:27 pm

Pete and myself played a game Saturday at Carson's place.

The game was actually very close for about the first 4 game turns. A charge from my chariots round one helped my iron orcs win a combat vs chaos warriors with halberds and wrath mark. In the center was a troll vs troll combat that lasted a long time, with not a lot happening. My trolls did however manage to make a crazy amount of saves, 4+4++ is really nice. That combat ended only when Iron orcs charged them in the rear. Up to this point it was still very close, then Pete's trolls fled to right in front of his own knights to start his turn 4, causing him to be unable to charge me and basically winning me the game (honestly it was the worst thing possible for him on that turn). Also my Feral Orc warlord killed a lot of stuff, all because of a failed frenzy check that caused a charge, which turned into like 4 overruns in a row.

The game ended with our generals battling it out in a challenge, my Iron Orc Warlord heroically cutting down the representative of the dark gods.

20-0 Victory for me, neither were painted. I have to stress though that this game was not a blowout for me until about the 5th turn, it honestly could have gone either way until then.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top