9th Age Summer-Fall 2017 League Reports

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: 9th Age Summer-Fall 2017 League Reports

Post  squalie on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:03 am

Kuyp wrote:https://youtu.be/-__ZdSvJSpw

First video, needs work but hey gotta start somewhere Laughing  

I liked it. I know those guys! For some reason, I can barely hear it on my laptop.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:51 am

squalie wrote:

I liked it. I know those guys!  For some reason, I can barely hear it on my laptop.

ya I was rather disappointed with the sound quality. I cheeped out with he mic i bought and it does not pick up sound well
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Awesome battle reports Dwayne and Nathan, both games sound like alot of fun! Cant wait for 2.0 to get these rules / lists honed in.

Cool video Dom, seriously! I actually put it on while i was painting ogres in the background. Kept my interest, but was hard to hear sound wise. The mouse pointer was a nice touch.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:03 pm

Kal wrote:Awesome battle reports Dwayne and Nathan, both games sound like alot of fun! Cant wait for 2.0 to get these rules / lists honed in.

Cool video Dom, seriously! I actually put it on while i was painting ogres in the background. Kept my interest, but was hard to hear sound wise. The mouse pointer was a nice touch.

I had a long response to your Ogre posts - but for some reason it disappeared. Grrrr....anyways, we'll chat about it when we have a game.

I agree the pointer thing was a nice touch.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:06 pm

Great job on the video report Dom, I'd like to see a series of these come out from our club. The sound was good on my system as long as I turned the volume right to max.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:51 pm

Hey Nathan, I messed up in our game, my sacred reliquary doesn’t get hatred, just the crusaders. It likely didn’t affect much in our game but I remembered you asking and I very confidently confirmed that it did without actually checking. Turns out I was wrong. It’s the castelan that gains hatred and frenzy if he joins the unit. Not sure what we should do with the points from our game.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:15 am

I'll graciously accept the points
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Saturday evening, Pete, and myself rolled some dice.
Vermin swarms vs warriors of change. I tried a different list and only took one unit of chaff, hoping that my much larger blocks of rats could hold. It was a bad idea.

The lord of chaos and accompanying mauler chariot killed both my main combat blocks and all my characters.
Game ended 13-7, Pete took the secondary so 16-4.

So ends my league with the rats. Played a ton of games of which only four were not with vermin, and those were losses. Ended at 500 with vermin. Played a very much non optimized list but really enjoyed my games. One thing I found was the scenarios I played had a huge influence on the outcomes of my games. Most of my wins came from the standard battle line game while I fail to win any games that had the refused flank setup. I found that vermin cannot handle early game combats at all, period.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:22 am

squalie wrote:

I had a long response to your Ogre posts - but for some reason it disappeared.  Grrrr....anyways, we'll chat about it when we have a game.

I agree the pointer thing was a nice touch.

You AAALLWAYS say this ha, start typing everything into a Word Document then paste it to the site, thats what i do after i lost my first big battle report. Plus this doesn't merit a "chat" it was just an observation as a general about my ogres, what i see as my weakness from my side of the table. Plus the game is changing right away so its pointless to discuss haha.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:09 am

Peter and I had our playoff game last night, frontline clash with hold the ground secondary.  Pete's warriors scare the crap out of me.  Everything has divine attacks so the Lady decided to take the day off.  I don't think I had a successful ward save all game.

Anyway, right from the start it was clear that this was going to be a bloodbath.  I took first turn and charged my pegasus knights at his mounted barbarians right away thinking they might flee.  They didn't and I made it in.  Now I hadn't really counted on this because if my knights destroyed the barbarian horse as easily as I figured they would I'd overrun directly into his warriors.  In the shooting phase I managed to kill 3 guys from his other warrior unit and they actually panicked and fled!  My pegasus knights have no business fighting warriors to the front so I was actually pleasantly surprised in the close combat phase when I fluffed my attacks, killing only 1.  Elsewhere, my scouting questing knights advanced up to threaten the flank of Pete's lord and once chosen, two units they had no desire to actually face in combat.

In Peter's turn he couldn't get an angle on my pegasus knights and so he was forced to sit and let his mounted barbarians try their luck again.  His lord and once chosen positioned themselves to trap the questing knights.  On his other flank his warriors rallied, slightly embarrassed.  His hounds advanced into the center and everything else generally advanced.  In combat my peg knights managed to kill one more barbarian and this time the northern horsemen decided they'd had enough and fled, I think they actually ended up off the table?  I elected to restrain as I wanted to avoid the warriors.

In my turn 2 I charged his newly exposed warriors with my smaller knight errant unit and pegasus knights and he elected to flee?  I don't remember this part too well.  I think that's what happened anyway.  My knights errant unit failed it's charge and my pegasus knights redirected their charge into the flank of his alter.  My peasant crusaders charged his dogs and everything else advanced to support the inevitable clash in the middle.  My questing knights chose the lesser of two evils and advanced out of Pete's lord's charge arc to end up directly in front of the once-chosen.  In the magic phase I managed to summon a totemic beast and boost the pegasus knights' strength.  The pegasus knights beat down the war alter, putting 4/5 wounds onto it.  It fled and escaped, panicking the vortex fiend and ending up right in front of his mauler chariot and my pegasus knights pursued into the flank of his unit of chosen.  My peasant crusaders killed the dogs and ended up right in front of the chosen.

In Peter's turn 2 he charged my questing knights with his once chosen and otherwise maneuvered his other units to get lines of sight to my units.  His alter and vortex fiend rallied but his warriors did not, running off the table.  In combat his once chosen killed 3 questing knights with the knights putting 2 wounds back onto the once chosen.  The questing knights decided to cut their losses and flee thinking their horses could outrun the mutated hulks from the north.  Unfortunately they could not and they were run down.  In the Pegasus knight vs chosen fight he fluffed his attacks and only did 2 wounds while I managed to kill a few chosen.  I don’t remember who won that combat but nobody ran.

My turn 3 I charged his war alter with my grail knights, the war alter fled so I then redirected into his mauler chariot.  My BSB charged his vortex fiend which held.  My knights errant charged the flank of his once chosen who elected to flee but they were so tired from chasing down the questing knights that they really only stumbled forwards a bit and were caught.  My second totemic beast also ended up in the rear of his warriors (located behind the vortex fiend).  In combat my Pegasus knights were finished off, my grail knights beat the mauler chariot which fled and was caught.  As I pursued my grail knights also caught his war alter finishing it off.  My BSB beat the vortex fiend and ran it down, into his warriors.  The large beast did manage to put 2 wounds on the bsb though so all was not great.  In the fight with the warriors I killed all but 3 while they finished off my bsb but failed to kill the totemic beast.  I won combat but he held.

Peter’s turn 3 saw his chosen charge my peasant crusaders to the front while his lord charged them in the flank.  His knights continued to play hide-and-go-seek with my large unit of knights errant.  In combat his warriors once again failed to kill the totemic beast and the beast actually finished off the unit!  His chosen and lord killed something like 10-12 peasant crusaders who stuck around due to being stubborn.  I might have managed a wound back, I don’t really remember.

My turn 4 I charged the flank of his knights with my totemic beast and positioned everything else to charge the chosen in the next turn.  In combat he once again killed a whole whack of peasant crusaders, enough that his lord got out of combat due to no more foes.  The stubborn peasants held.  Hilariously, his knights failed to kill the totemic beast and so to avoid that happening again Pete turned them to face it.

Pete’s turn 4 saw his general charge my big unit of knights errant.  Wanting no part of that fight I fled but I didn’t really plan it out too well because there wasn’t really anywhere to flee to and they ended up going off the table.  In combat the heroic totemic beast finally died but he’d done his duty as my next turn my grail knights and other knights errant were well positioned to charge his chosen.

In my turn 5 I rear-charged the chosen with my grail knights and flank charged them with my knights errant.  I tried to snipe his lord but didn’t manage to hit with my shooting.  In combat my damsel was forced into a challenge with his BSB but thanks to the shamanism attribute and some bad rolling on Pete’s part she survived.  The sacred reliquary wasn’t so lucky and was smashed.  My grail knights and general put the hurt on and killed all the rest of the chosen.  His bsb fled and I pursued, catching it but putting my grail knights right in line for a flank charge by his lord.

Pete’s turn 5 he charged his lord into my grail knights flank while his knights repositioned to face my knights errant.  In combat his lord obliterated my general and the grail knights fled but escaped.  My knights errant also panicked from this and fled away from the center.

In my turn 6 my grail knights rallied and so did my knights errant.  My trebuchet misfired but didn’t explode and my scorpion hit and killed one of his knights causing a panic test which they failed, taking them out of the hunt for the secondary.

In Pete’s turn 6 he charged my grail knights with his lord.  In the combat my champion stood up to the lord and was beaten into the ground.  The remaining knights held.  His knights failed to rally.

In the end Peter had his lord and 2 fleeing knights while I had 6 knights errant, 3 grail knights, a scorpion, a trebuchet and a unit of archers.  Nobody held the objective and the difference in victory points was 510 in my favour.  It was a bloody intense game with all kinds of twists.  A lot of what-if moments too and looking back it could have gone either way a few times.  Thanks to Peter for the game, it was really fun.

Now I play the waiting game to see who I will meet in the finals!

Last edited by nathanr on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had two turn 3’s in there!)
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:40 am

Truly an epic battle with more dead littering the battlefield than in most games! The beginning was rough for me, failing enough panic tests and rolling poor flee distances to dwindle my spirits. However, a light in the darkness shone as things then started to swing in my favour. That huge unit of knights fleeing off the table edge, among many other instances, cam as large surprises! It is a little depressing knowing that if my Knights hadn't panicked right at the end they would have swooped in for the secondary securing me the win, but hey, that's the way it goes! Best of luck to everyone in their finals matches!
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:40 am

Great battle report and read like it was a good game. I was hoping I'd see Pete in the finals (new blood and all..) but when you mentioned his whole army has divine attacks, I'm glad my Daemons have dodged that bullet. Smile

I guess it's up to me and Nathan A., who I suppose is being quiet until he can figure out his schedule. So, if all goes well it'll be Daemons vs. Knights of Equitane! Wink
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:13 am

Sounds like an awesome battle! Warriors are tough guys but takes alot to get through that 1+ haha.

Really enjoyed the battle report as well, good format and was easy to follow. Definitely need to start keeping notes during my games just so i can remember key points like you did.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:24 am

It may not have happened exactly as I wrote, as you can see, I missed a whole turn. That lost turn was likely somewhere in the mess in the middle of the game when everything was happening at once.

Lucky for me this is a 6 turn game. I have no doubt that after we finished our game that chaos lord wiped out the rest of those bretonnians in his rage and then continued down the road and single-handedly razed 3 or 4 villages before wandering back to the chaos wastes. That guy was a beast!
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:44 am

Awesome battle report and congrats on a hard fought victory.

Go Brets Go!!
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:50 am

nathanr wrote:It may not have happened exactly as I wrote, as you can see, I missed a whole turn.  That lost turn was likely somewhere in the mess in the middle of the game when everything was happening at once.

I did notice you mentioned missing turn, i just assumed you guys couldn't count haha jkjk. Yeah Brian runs a chaos lord on a juggy in a unit of crushers and sometimes I'll blow the unit away around him and he is just left standing in a crater laughing at me haha. Definitely a tough dude, as he should be, so kudos to the brave but foolish champion.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:32 pm

blizzard435 wrote:I played against Carson tonight at his place while some ogres and warriors duked it out on another table (Derek and Andre). 

Hey I guess to make it official I need to report our battle Laughing

Last Thursday night Andre and I had a battle at Carson's abode.

Andre Orgres Khans vs Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods (Pestilence)

We had the standard deployment with breakthrough as a secondary.

It was a really fun game.

I deployed heavily on the my right flank with only my Dragon Centaurs on my left. Andre had dropped his army and had goblins and a giant on each flank with some Ogres with hand held cannons next to each Giant. He had two large units of Ogres somewhat on his left in the middle. Across from his large units I had the bulk of my army - Warriors, Chosen Warriors, Barbarians, Bloodbeast and a chariot.
Going first worked well for him. He shot me up real good.
I got a charge off on his Ogre unit with his Wizard but my BloodBeast and Chariot did not do well...low impact hits and I forgot about hatred again Shocked
My Chosen Warriors with my General and my Warriors with Great Weapons - well they both had Great Weapons Cool Charged and killed his large unit of Ogres that held his BSB and General. That was a big win for me.
My big mistake was placing my Dragon Centaurs on my far left flank to face his Giant, Ogres and Goblins....I should have ignored those units and had the Centaurs with the rest of my forces. Adding them would have helped a lot and I could have secured the secondary. On the left by themselves they fared well against the Giant but got shot up and died.
On my right my large unit of Warriors got shot up pretty bad and charged and were toast. In the end I had my large unit of Chosen Warriors and general intact - it is a nasty unit when they get into combat - and I was able to achieve a small victory over Andre...but once again that secondary eluded me.

Derek Warriors of the Dark Gods (Pestilence) 12 vs Andre Ogre Khans 8

Andre took the secondary.

Final - Andre 11 Derek 9

Once again a battle with Andre is always fun. I do like Ogres...very interested that army...I have only ever played a few armies and never anything like them.

I have played Bretonnians, High Elves, Beastmen, Warriors of the Dark Gods and I plan on getting my Dread Elves together - Ogres could be fun.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Well done dude.

I just watched it and I say keep it going.

I'm a junkie for battle reports, gets me excited about the hobby and Its awesome that we have some local input.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:27 pm

I’m getting sent to Regina last-minute for work tomorrow and Thursday so Don and I are going to play a game tomorrow night which will count as the league final if Don manages to beat Nathan A when they meet. It’s a bit backwards but with Christmas less than a week away and the new league starting up we might as well do what we can to wrap up the last league. If Nathan A happens to beat Don then we’ll count it for the new league.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:22 pm

So, Nathan R and I had our "final" game...provided I win against Nathan A. (C'mon Nathan A, it's rude to ignore us like this Smile )

My Khorne Daemons against his Knights of Equitane. Rolled an easy Frontline Clash and center secondary.

My first turn, I simply pushed up with my simple army that simply wants to punch you in your simple face. Nathan obliged by announcing many charges and making most of them - although his Peg Knights failed a charge against my hounds and ended up sitting in ruins waiting for me to charge instead. his Errants ran straight through my Soulgrinder and he killed most of my Crushers with his other Errants and Questing Knights.

That's pretty much the damage he did all game. I did my own charges and slowly ground and chased down the rest of his army. His magic didn't do much which shows how one 50 point standard and a 30 dispel can control 500 points of caster...which was certainly a flaw in the now old magic system. By the start of turn 4, he had one Peg Knight left that got ran down by a Khorne motorcycle Khannon. Smile

I won 20-0. 5400 points to 760.

Next on the chopping block is Nathan A. After I win against him, I'm driving to Nathan M's house and punching him in the face. All the Nathan's had it coming anyways...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:26 pm

Wow sorry guys, I sort of forgot about the playoffs happening, real bad form I know.

So am I in playoffs? It seems like I am but I can't find a list of who's in and who isn't, someone please HELP! Razz

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Nathan.A. wrote:Wow sorry guys, I sort of forgot about the playoffs happening, real bad form I know.

So am I in playoffs? It seems like I am but I can't find a list of who's in and who isn't, someone please HELP!  Razz

If you would have read the last few posts before yours you'll notice that it's me against you. Twisted Evil If I win (I will), I win the league. If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:07 pm

Cool, so when should we play?
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:04 pm

Nathan.A. wrote:Cool, so when should we play?

Since next weekend looks like it won't be -32 maybe I'll make the trip and claim my prize. Wink
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:18 pm

Sounds good, I look forward to it!
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content