9th Age Summer-Fall 2017 League Reports

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

9th Age Summer-Fall 2017 League Reports

Post  Nathan.A. on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:48 pm

So thought I would make a new reporting thread for the current league, the other one is just too big....

Anyways I played against Carson last night, my OG vs his VS, the scenario was counter-thrust with a breakthrough secondary.

The game was really back and forth, some notable happenings include:
- I annihilated a unit of rat ogres in one turn with a wyvern lord and a giant
- Carson annihilated a wyvern lord General in one round with an abomination, by rolling 16 attacks! Poor orc.
- My giants were awesome, one beat a bsb on giant rat and almost ran him down (scream and bawl er whatev, it's the best and funniest fasho)
- Carson made a HUGE 12 inch overrun to grab the flank of my huge 1350 point feral orc eadbashers with wizard unit. BUT it didn't matter, I passed the first break test with a roll of 3, then he failed to catch me when I broke the next turn. The pursuit ended up putting something like 2 wounds on his bell from dt's (hilarious) and my orcs managed a charge the turn after rallying to finish the unit, it ended the game fleeing with <25% remaining and the bell dead.

Game ended with neither getting the secondary, 12-8 for me, I was fully painted Carson was not.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9th Age Summer-Fall 2017 League Reports

Post  Mhael on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Carson and i played encirce with breakthrough secndary. I chose to defend with my new dwarf list. My catapult and flame cannons ripped Carson apart while his warp cannon only got one shot off causing only one wound. We met in several combats with my deepwatch chasing away some rat ogres and overrunning into the bell.

My other flank had carsons general/ stormvermin and abomination chew through a unit of greybeards and deepwatch in a few combats with the generals unit ending up with a flank on the middle combat involving deepwatch/ bell.

Top of 4 i made a critical measuring error not allowing my flank unit enough distance to march into Carsons depoyment flank by 1/4 ". Also turn 5 i thought i could wreck his abomination with a flank charge to help out the center combat. He made a massive regen save and in 2 turns ate my general and bsb plus stoping me from helping out the center which allowed him to finish the unit but not quite kill the runesmith who managed to flee away.

Kudos abomination today was your day...responsible for close to 2 thousand points if dead dwarfage. RIP. Carson took secondary and neither were painted so 15 to 5 for Carson
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:57 am

I got a few games in this weekend. Carson came over to pit his rat army against my all goblin list.
Top of 2 i killed my caster by throwing too many dice 840pts...lesson learned. My gargantula saved me by holding the middle ground against Carsons general which allowed me to pick away at some of the other units. I opted to flee with wolf raiders from his rat ogres and made the rally to fight again.
My general got a practice round against the abomination but we realized the stumble forward shouldnt have been a charge and then when i did get the charge for real i couldnt kill it.
Carson held the center ground to get secondary for a 17 to 3 win. Neither were painted

Don and i played our playoff game in which he didnt feel the need to bring a daemon, shooting or magic. We were in combat turn 2 but the dwarfs proved to much. I won by 1563 pts so on to Nathan for the final. Non league game i was not painted Don? ( were your nurgle boogers painted?)

Last game was Dwayne against my dwarfs. Turn one he shot my catapult from outside 30" to kill it taking away my deep threat and remained out of flame cannon range for as long as he could. Magic was poor for both of us as we couldnt channel above 6 dice until turn 6.
Turn 6 saw his horde of greatswords evenly matched against my horde of kingsguard. 2 rounds and neither haf many models left. He did break and run down a unit of deepwatch and greybeards to secure the win but i managed to sneak the secondary on him.
Ended as an 11 to 9 for Dwayne. Neither side painted
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 am

Nope! Wasn't painted.

My dice were soft and the Dwarfs were hard. Should have brought a Greater Daemon, but I thought I'd try some new units and it didn't pan out. Congrats to Andre and good luck to Nathan vs. Andre for the final. (kill those Dwarfs) Smile
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:35 am

Andre and I played the league final and I managed to squeak out a win by secondary objective. I'm on my phone so I don't want to write out a big long report but it was a bloody back and forth affair with the elf magic being shut down and the dwarf guns being strangely inaccurate and unreliable. The game actually ended in a tie with Andre having the slight edge in victory points (less than 200 points difference) but I took the secondary and the belt.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:59 am

It was a blood bath for bith sides. I needed 3 on a d6 for my catapult 1st 3 rounds...got a 2 and forgot to roll my partials. That unit of swordmasters never should have made it out alive and they were the 3rd scoring unit that cost me the game. I also misfired with both flame cannons at close range which allowed them to be charged but could otherwise have cleared a path for my kingsguard and deepwatch to charge Nathans bsb/spear block.
I did manage to hold a deepwatch unit against ancient dragon, knights of ryma and flank charge by highborn lancers to allow my kingsguard unit to flank dragon and kill it. So moral victory for me.
Great game though and there are pics posted on the smg facebook page
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:14 am

deepwatch are a tough nut to crack.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Congrats Nathan

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:22 pm

Congrats! Making the name Nathan strike fear into the hearts of non-Nathans everywhere! Well done.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:26 am

Nathan R. and myself squared off last night. Kingdom of Equitaine vs the Vermin Swarm. Back and forth game that ended in a 16-3 after secondary for Nathan. Knights really are my nemesis army from back when I first started in this hobby! Next time!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:45 am

I think it would be 16-4 actually (13-7 before the secondary swing) plus whatever I get for being painted.

It was actually a very calculated game with both sides doing a lot of posturing for the advantage. I charged in at the start a little haphazardly but when I lost and broke I managed to escape to safety with decent numbers. My Pegasus knights did the heavy lifting. They took down some rat ogres and thunder hulks and then helped to pull down Carson's BSB. The grail knights and general took down Carson's bell and then started chewing through the clan rats but the game ended before they could finish them off.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:24 am

I played a game with Dwayne last night, my KoE vs his Empire. My goal of the game was to stay away from his greatswords and I mostly succeeded. His magic was on point and man alive do Empire have a lot of things that boost their otherwise mediocre troops. He got off a bubble 5+ ward save that saved his ass when I triple-charged his swordsmen. He was making those 5+ saves like they were 2+. Elsewhere his prelate general on a war altar was also saving like a boss against my knights of the realm. In 5 or 6 rounds of combat I think I managed 2 wounds total. His shooting targeted and destroyed my trebuchets early on and then my damsel died so I was playing a 2 phase game to Dwayne's 4.

In the end Dwayne took the 13-7 win in points but I had the secondary so it ended in a 10-10 draw. I was painted while Dwayne was not.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:30 pm

Played two games in the last two days, first vs Andre and his Dwarfs, second vs Don and his Demons. Both games had very different outcomes....

First game I played Andre, we squared off in a refused flank with breakthrough secondary. This game seemed went all the way to the bottom of 6. I was able to take out Andre's general and his horde of with the combined might of two very potent close combat lords riding boars, although it did take about 5 or so combats. Things were looking VERY good for the greenskins going into turn six, having dealt with most of Andre's army, then his flame canon went of.... It managed to kill my wyvern bsb and panic my wolf chariots, who then ran off the board, boom 970 points for Andre! My Feral lord then got charged in the flank by greybeards, he lost, but didn't die, and was able to escape on the flee roll by one inch! He then rallied on my turn to end the game.

I got the secondary, to win a 16-4 victory, I was also fully painted for a total of 18-4.

Second game was against Don and his demons. The game was real bloody real fast.

On my first turn I charged my Feral lord and mounted eadbashers into the flank of his unit of lust fast cav, with help from goblin raiders in the front. They killed the cav to a man and were both able to overrun into lust beasts, boars in the front wolves in the flank. On Don's turn he was able to counter charge in with his greater demon and puppies, the combat was an easy victory for the demons, which I'll admit surprised me a little, my boars fled and were destroyed, my wolves went off the table. My turn two I charged my wyvern and orc block into his crushers, thinking I might crumble a few wounds off. I won the combat, but was not able to cause any crumble wounds, which ended up being true all game, not a single crumble wound went through. The game was more of the same, I won a few combats but nothing came of it, Don slowly ground through my orc block with his crushers and greater demon. On the end of my turn 4 I conceded, with only one boar rider and my general left.

22-2 for Don, we were both fully painted.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:53 pm

On Saturday while Don and Nathan were fighting it out, Sean, curb stomped my rats twice in row. 20-0 twice Sad

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:53 am

Played at game at the Den last night against Nathan A.  Was a brutal game where Nathan made a lot of saves including 6+ warpaint saves on his giants (they had a lucky stick for sure!).  Nathan got some good combats in cutting up my line pretty heavily but sustained some losses along the way including a full unit of trolls who didn't get to swing against my greatswords (they got flaming attacks) and my shooting (Mortar) dropping 10+ Iron orcs in a single round. Some of Nathan's exploits includes getting two shamanism beasts out and destroying two units with their random movement as well as my cannon!

The game ended in a tie but Nathan secured the secondary objective (breakthrough) for a 13-7 win for Nathan.  Neither was painted.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:49 pm

blizzard435 wrote:Played at game at the Den last night against Nathan A.  Was a brutal game where Nathan made a lot of saves including 6+ warpaint saves on his giants (they had a lucky stick for sure!).  Nathan got some good combats in cutting up my line pretty heavily but sustained some losses along the way including a full unit of trolls who didn't get to swing against my greatswords (they got flaming attacks) and my shooting (Mortar) dropping 10+ Iron orcs in a single round.  Some of Nathan's exploits includes getting two shamanism beasts out and destroying two units with their random movement as well as my cannon!  

The game ended in a tie but Nathan secured the secondary objective (breakthrough) for a 13-7 win for Nathan.  Neither was painted.

Sounds like it was a good game!

Haaaaate that secondary is a 6 point swing instead of a 3 point bonus. I super hope they change that for 2.0 Those Mortars are very underrated - don't like Mortars. Wink
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:11 pm

It was a really good game. I had no answer at all for the double buff wagon swordsmen; my only thought was trolls might have a chance if I stopped the flaming attacks spell, I couldn't and with that my unit fell all too easily (like way too easily).

And yeah, mortars are ridiculous, catapult 6 with ap1 seems a little over-tuned to me. Nothing against Dwayne for taking one of course, I'd do the same!

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:15 pm

Turn 2 and about 50 extra vc on the table. Damn i hate summoning. 2 units at max 3rd almost.
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:18 pm

SUMMONING DEAD IS BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN PLUS ANOTHER 25 BROKEN
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:19 pm

I'm guessing the Mercier boys are duking it out.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:46 pm

Now Andre knows what it feels like to play against Dwarfs. Wink    Although I'll admit it seems a little broken with undead raising (it almost is).

Sean and I had a game the other night, his Dark Elves against my Great Unclean One Daemon army. Was a really good game with no real crazy good or super bad rolling. I'm sure Sean will pipe in with better details as he has a better memory, but it ended up 15-5 in Seans favour. There was no secondary and neither painted.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:00 pm

Broken x 21 turn 6
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:18 pm

In the end it was a draw 3.3% neither getting 2ndary or painted so 10 to 10. War machines didnt work magic didnt work early combats rolled lots of misses. I would kill 12 zombies Dom would raise 20. I kill 16 he raises 21...
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:37 am

Draw eh? Totally broken.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:37 am

Yes well...I was kinda pissy but nothi g got broken physically. It just seems that you shouldnt be able to summon an extra 1500 plus points
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top