Sneak peeks into 9th Age 2.0

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Sneak peeks into 9th Age 2.0

Post  Carson on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:03 pm

From the pattern I have seen from the beginning of this project, I gather that beta releases are intended to make the game community driven. Without beta releases for playtesting how can they make the game "made by the community". They release beta, everyone plays and then gives feedback on the changes, more changes are made and then you end up with a finished product.

I too would have liked to see all the army books have new splits to make use of the new rules. Not sure why they did not do that. Hopefully the full book releases will come often enough. When the warriors book is released then we can all see what the new rules and format will be going forward.

I have a feeling that beta was "rushed" out a bit as the community was bitching for it.

Overall though, there are significant changes in the army books I've seen. Even from the rumors I know my rat army will look different.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Is there a better way then the 9th age forum for reporting issues with the book ? I posted a thing and it's all ready been lost in 2 pages of bitching and moaning about HBE
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:25 pm

OGRES GET MORE IMPACT HITs... tee hee hee.

No more mounted Parry though. Also no more stupid Hellfist lists or w/e but we all expected that to be gone, plus no one in our group ran that cheddar.

Love the new "Big Name" cult leader. increases the bsb / generals bubbles to 18" something i think ogres needed due to big base sizes.

MMM Vipers Curse, poison Brace of Pistols... so good.

No more auto heavy armour on the characters, but the upgrade is so cheap (10-15pts) it seems odd to even bother separating them.

Mournfang are still Move 8 but can only march 14, which is fine because 16 was far to much.

LEADBELCHERS ARE QUICK TO FIRE. Feel the wrath of my boom sticks.

Ogre Giants Get impacts... only 1 but still... oh and their str dropped to 5... but they can take Iron Fists and Great Weapons... very odd. And the more you hurt it the more attacks it gets. PARRY GIANTS HERE I COME!

Overall Happy with the book and no crazy changes, wished for more armour options on the core but thats just me complaining Wink

**note: Dumb question but what does "Handcannon (4+)" mean?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:43 pm

[quote="Kal]

**note: Dumb question but what does "Handcannon (4+)" mean?[/quote]

You may notice there is no BS anymore. Meaning .....
Handcannon= weapon type
(4+) is what the weapon will need to roll to hit before modifiers
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:45 pm

LEADDBELCHERS ARE QUICK TO FIRE.

Just remember that the quick to fire rule has changed a bit Wink

The attack doesn’t suffer the -1 to-hit modifier for Moving
and Shooting. and can make a Shoot Charge Reaction regardless of the distance to the charging unit.

Still sweet though!
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Yous guys is smart fuckers, haha. One day i will learn how to read.

Thx guys Wink
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Kuyp wrote:Is there a better way then the 9th age forum for reporting issues with the book ? I posted a thing and it's all ready been lost in 2 pages of bitching and moaning about HBE

I wouldn't worry too much, they read every post.

Love the new "Big Name" cult leader. increases the bsb / generals bubbles to 18" something i think ogres needed due to big base sizes.

Not sure I agree. Ogres, more than pretty much any other army can scrunch together very well. Their units are usually 6 Dwarfs wide, which is impressive considering what they pack into a unit. Should have kept my Ogres. Wink
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:58 am

I'm really digging the new rules. A lot of subtle changes.....chariot characters can no longer join non chariot units. failed fear causes shaken now, dangerous terrain,  los, unit size and type all simplified. Especially like the changes to frenzy and magic resistance.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Carson wrote:I'm really digging the new rules. A lot of subtle changes.....chariot characters can no longer join non chariot units. failed fear causes shaken now, dangerous terrain,  los, unit size and type all simplified. Especially like the changes to frenzy.

Yep the frenzy rule is better that way, fear is interesting although I think in a way less good, and it all ready was not the best.

Consider a barrow gaurd vrs an elf. The elf failed fear. It was hitting on a 3+ now a 4. Where as the barrow guard was hitting on a 4 + now on a 3+.

As it was before in the same case the barrow guard would be hitting on a 3+ and the elf would need a 5+
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:54 pm

I get you on the fear rules but what I meant was that frenzy units can actually fail a fear test if I'm reading it right.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:08 am

Carson wrote:I get you on the fear rules but what I meant was that frenzy units can actually fail a fear test if I'm reading it right.
yep they sure can. and panic checks and terror or any other leadership based test for that matter. I fully agree that what they did for frenzy is good.
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:25 am

Warriors full book out.....great format, looks very professional.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:31 pm

Has anyone tried out the beta rules in a game yet ?
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:58 pm

I am hoping to this week but getting to know not only 2.0 but also the new Warriors book is taking me some time. So many lists I want to try out ><
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:22 pm

I gave the warriors book a distant look. I can't help but feel the vortex beast rule will be changed quick ....
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:53 pm

Yeah, the Hellmaw has an interesting mechanic to be sure. I will be using my Vortex Beast as a Forsaken One first because I really want to try out the Iredeemable units. That and my army has very little infantry and what I do have is quite fast.

There are some things I love about the new book and other things not so much, but I want to try it all in practice before making any real judgements.
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum