Sneak peeks into 9th Age 2.0

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sneak peeks into 9th Age 2.0

Post  squalie on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:59 pm

I知 a little more sour as I知 noticing that 2.0 will require more accounting. With the design of the new rules and army books, More book work is required.

Also, they have absolutely destroyed Daemons. I知 96% unimpressed with the changes they are implying with Daemons....who won稚 even get a new book for a long time.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:12 pm

Looking at unfinished rumours for an updated rule system that you haven稚 played yet might not be the best way to gauge whether or not an army is 途uined. If it does turn out to be as catastrophic as you say I would imagine that they壇 bump up the schedule to at least give the daemons an update to fix it.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:18 pm

nathanr wrote:Looking at unfinished rumours for an updated rule system that you haven稚 played yet might not be the best way to gauge whether or not an army is 途uined. If it does turn out to be as catastrophic as you say I would imagine that they壇 bump up the schedule to at least give the daemons an update to fix it.

The days of Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh and Khorne Daemons are over. There are seven gods now and no 杜arks. There are greater Daemons but each god only has one marked unit. There痴 no such thing as a mono themed army anymore. The whole army is literally a 田ounts as army. Meaning, my Khorne fleshounds May have different rules in each game depending what god 吐avours they have, which will be tricky for me and nothing less than confusing for the opponent. Every single unit in the daemon army has swiftstride. Even the stuff that used to be nurgle. They have literally said any unit can be used as any unit. You have to admit that痴 frustrating and confusing for guys that have mono themed armies for the last 20 years. REad a few pages of the daemon thread #4 spoilers and read the confused sad faces. This isn稚 empire knights getting different weapons and people missing items, this is a completely revamped unrecognizable army.

I知 so bold as to say more than any other army, Daemons have a had a very strict theme over the last 20 years and that is all gone. That痴 a very big change and one NO ONE asked for. It was only done for IP protection from GW. And it痴 such a big change that they can稚 release the book with all the others, as they池e STILL asking for advice on the army.

Sorry - just disappointed. I WILL wait to see what lands and truly hope I like it as it would make likfe easier, lol.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:36 pm

I'm hoping that the demon rumors are WIP. I can't see from a playability aspect that they go with these ideas. Are they trying to buff the army, cuz I really don't think they need one.
These are the only rumors that Ive raised my eyes at, everything that I have seen so far looks quite good. I was quite impressed with the 4 released magic paths.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:48 pm

All books are still technically WIP as it痴 still a Beta stage, but everything is 杜ostly there only tweaking will happen after this as they don稚 have time for a complete revamp of any book.

And they致e been adamant in defending the Daemons and Warriors saying it痴 a choice they had to make. AND, since the whole 9th age has been delayed because of internal fighting, firings and walk outs it doesn稚 give me confidence in the Daemons. I知 actually pretty good with the rest of the books, but Daemons has given me sadness.

Last edited by squalie on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Convert Daemons to 40 k and come get beat up by some Dark Angel Space Marines Wink we do hate the fallen
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:59 pm

Kal wrote:Convert Daemons to 40 k and come get beat up by some Dark Angel Space Marines Wink we do hate the fallen

I've thought of that. I have plenty of Fantasy armies anyways so this might be serendipitous.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:22 pm

I hadn稚 seen anything about the daemons so I can稚 really comment intelligently. If what you are describing comes to pass then you might be right about the army being destroyed. I値l still hold judgment for the actual release, maybe they値l fix it or work out some of the kinks between now and then.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:11 am

squalie wrote:
Kal wrote:Convert Daemons to 40 k and come get beat up by some Dark Angel Space Marines Wink we do hate the fallen

I've thought of that. I have plenty of Fantasy armies anyways so this might be serendipitous.

I still gotta give you a demo, i got some 1000-2000 point armies ready but i am not sure you have enough terrain to do a demo at your house. So might have to be at mine if that is ok?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:24 pm

I'm not going to lie, the changes coming to 2.0 do make me nervous. seems like way too many changes just to distance the game from Warhammer. Still holding out that it'll be better but turmoil behind the closed doors of a game that's supposed to be open and community driven is not a good thing.

Have to wait and see but the way Demons are described (by Don, haven't read any spoiler forums) makes it seem like it's going to be a dead army.

Imagine T.O.ing a tournament where a Demon player has to explain every unit before playing because of the options. "These not-plaguebearers have X and Y but these other not-plaguebearers have M and N" It will be a nightmare.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Also, M and N not-plaguebearers are OP and need nerfing.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top