Sneak peeks into 9th Age 2.0

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Sneak peeks into 9th Age 2.0

Post  squalie on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:59 pm

I知 a little more sour as I知 noticing that 2.0 will require more accounting. With the design of the new rules and army books, More book work is required.

Also, they have absolutely destroyed Daemons. I知 96% unimpressed with the changes they are implying with Daemons....who won稚 even get a new book for a long time.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:12 pm

Looking at unfinished rumours for an updated rule system that you haven稚 played yet might not be the best way to gauge whether or not an army is 途uined. If it does turn out to be as catastrophic as you say I would imagine that they壇 bump up the schedule to at least give the daemons an update to fix it.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:18 pm

nathanr wrote:Looking at unfinished rumours for an updated rule system that you haven稚 played yet might not be the best way to gauge whether or not an army is 途uined. If it does turn out to be as catastrophic as you say I would imagine that they壇 bump up the schedule to at least give the daemons an update to fix it.

The days of Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh and Khorne Daemons are over. There are seven gods now and no 杜arks. There are greater Daemons but each god only has one marked unit. There痴 no such thing as a mono themed army anymore. The whole army is literally a 田ounts as army. Meaning, my Khorne fleshounds May have different rules in each game depending what god 吐avours they have, which will be tricky for me and nothing less than confusing for the opponent. Every single unit in the daemon army has swiftstride. Even the stuff that used to be nurgle. They have literally said any unit can be used as any unit. You have to admit that痴 frustrating and confusing for guys that have mono themed armies for the last 20 years. REad a few pages of the daemon thread #4 spoilers and read the confused sad faces. This isn稚 empire knights getting different weapons and people missing items, this is a completely revamped unrecognizable army.

I知 so bold as to say more than any other army, Daemons have a had a very strict theme over the last 20 years and that is all gone. That痴 a very big change and one NO ONE asked for. It was only done for IP protection from GW. And it痴 such a big change that they can稚 release the book with all the others, as they池e STILL asking for advice on the army.

Sorry - just disappointed. I WILL wait to see what lands and truly hope I like it as it would make likfe easier, lol.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:36 pm

I'm hoping that the demon rumors are WIP. I can't see from a playability aspect that they go with these ideas. Are they trying to buff the army, cuz I really don't think they need one.
These are the only rumors that Ive raised my eyes at, everything that I have seen so far looks quite good. I was quite impressed with the 4 released magic paths.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:48 pm

All books are still technically WIP as it痴 still a Beta stage, but everything is 杜ostly there only tweaking will happen after this as they don稚 have time for a complete revamp of any book.

And they致e been adamant in defending the Daemons and Warriors saying it痴 a choice they had to make. AND, since the whole 9th age has been delayed because of internal fighting, firings and walk outs it doesn稚 give me confidence in the Daemons. I知 actually pretty good with the rest of the books, but Daemons has given me sadness.

Last edited by squalie on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Convert Daemons to 40 k and come get beat up by some Dark Angel Space Marines Wink we do hate the fallen
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:59 pm

Kal wrote:Convert Daemons to 40 k and come get beat up by some Dark Angel Space Marines Wink we do hate the fallen

I've thought of that. I have plenty of Fantasy armies anyways so this might be serendipitous.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:22 pm

I hadn稚 seen anything about the daemons so I can稚 really comment intelligently. If what you are describing comes to pass then you might be right about the army being destroyed. I値l still hold judgment for the actual release, maybe they値l fix it or work out some of the kinks between now and then.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:11 am

squalie wrote:
Kal wrote:Convert Daemons to 40 k and come get beat up by some Dark Angel Space Marines Wink we do hate the fallen

I've thought of that. I have plenty of Fantasy armies anyways so this might be serendipitous.

I still gotta give you a demo, i got some 1000-2000 point armies ready but i am not sure you have enough terrain to do a demo at your house. So might have to be at mine if that is ok?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:24 pm

I'm not going to lie, the changes coming to 2.0 do make me nervous. seems like way too many changes just to distance the game from Warhammer. Still holding out that it'll be better but turmoil behind the closed doors of a game that's supposed to be open and community driven is not a good thing.

Have to wait and see but the way Demons are described (by Don, haven't read any spoiler forums) makes it seem like it's going to be a dead army.

Imagine T.O.ing a tournament where a Demon player has to explain every unit before playing because of the options. "These not-plaguebearers have X and Y but these other not-plaguebearers have M and N" It will be a nightmare.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Also, M and N not-plaguebearers are OP and need nerfing.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:19 pm

2.0 Beta 9th Age Rulebook:

https://www.the-ninth-age.com/news/index.php?news/680-advent-day-17-release-of-the-ninth-age-second-edition-rulebook/
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:33 am

The magic book is out too. I知 most interested in the army books but one interesting thing I noticed was that horde formation (now line formation) is only 8 models wide now and if you are in that formation you don稚 get rank bonuses added to your combat resolution.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:52 pm

nathanr wrote:The magic book is out too. I知 most interested in the army books but one interesting thing I noticed was that horde formation (now line formation) is only 8 models wide now and if you are in that formation you don稚 get rank bonuses added to your combat resolution.

Yup. Unit decisions need to be made. They also encourage open lists (hate that) and suggest 4500. I guess we can revisit that old chestnut after I make some lists with the new books. Wink Shaken rule is interesting, and wheels are different. I'll try a magic phase or 2 before commenting.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Sweet! Skirmishers get 360 degree line of sight again! They can only charge like everyone else with a single wheel that is max 90 degrees but you can稚 hide beside them.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:42 pm

I gave the book a read front to back (and will do so again and again until I can actually remember most of it) and I gotta say that I like most of the changes, at least on paper. I do not like how ridiculously wordy the book is, but I understand wanting to be as descriptive as possible to cover all circumstances. The new magic phase, line of light, weapon skill table and pursuit changes alone have me very interested in testing this new version out. I agree that the new Shaken rule is interesting as well.

I am mostly looking forward to the new army books as well as I am very excited to try out all of the new/changed Chaos units! Specifically Exaulted Heralds and the new monstrous cavalry that I can actually play in a mono marked army now.
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:47 am

The horde thing is interesting ... *stops painting 300+ skeletons* Ima just wait to see how things settle Wink

Downloaded all the Beta rules will be giving this an honest honest read over. So are we just going into 2.0 and the hell with old lists?

4500 points anyone? The rule book suggests ! I mean i guess i'll play open list if you guys wanna Wink
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:01 am

*stops painting 300+ skeletons* Ima just wait to see how things settle
Exactly. I'll make some lists and see what I'm painting afterwards. I also mentioned I'll make some lists to see if I'm willing to drop to 4500, lol.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:29 am

I致e read through the dread elves army book and my all-mounted army is intact. I like the options and the hunting chariot is worth taking again. At 5000 points I知 close to being able to take everything that I want, at 4500 I値l be making very tough choices. I知 happy!

Tomorrow they release books for 2 of my existing armies and one for the army I知 building, fingers crossed that I知 still this happy tomorrow.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:31 am

+1 Agility on the charge, not sure i'm loving that but we will see!
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Kal wrote:+1 Agility on the charge, not sure i'm loving that but we will see!

Ok that was a little premature, read the Rules, will read them again later tonight in more depth. Read the Dark Elf rule book, honestly nothing seems THAT over the top different, everything seems to have a similar stat line as before just broken down different. I actually like that they separated AP from STR, same was as 40k and i like that about 40k. Maybe Heavy Armour will do something again haha. Wasn't that invested in the DE book so we will see when my TK and Ogres drop as they are the two i am most concerned about.

Make Armour Great Again?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:32 pm

Hey, we had the discussion on points.......its staying at 5000 dammit.....for now!

We have to remember that the warriors book will be the only "true" 2.0 book until the others are released in full. I'm expecting a lot of weapon skill splits, point adjustments, etc will come in the full books.

As a long time Dark Elf player I looked at the book today.....I'm quite happy with what I've seen.

Very pleased with the rule book as well.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:25 am

Okay i will be the pessimist in the group.....honestly i dont know why the realeased this at this stage. It seems rushed a nd sloppy. In the quest to make things cleaner it seems like they have don't the opposite.

With all the hype around 9th age v2 the few army books they have soft released seem boring and lackluster. Granted I have only skimmed them for basics but one thing I noticed. Why bother having an offensive skill and a defensive skill if you make them the same ? Elf D4 off 4 Gor D4 off 4 ... what's the point?

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:05 am

I think right now they are building the framework and giving themselves more options for changes. These army books are more bringing the current armies into the new rules, not necessarily changing everything or changing as few things as they can get away with. I think the wood elf book and the tomb kings book you might see some more significant changes as they are the only two 吐ull books so far. Definitely you will see some more significant changes in the new warriors book.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:10 am

That's kind of what I mean , why rush the release of beta when there is so much more to do. ... makes me wonder if the team is burning out Neutral
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum