Sneak peeks into 9th Age 2.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sneak peeks into 9th Age 2.0

Post  squalie on Sat May 20, 2017 11:58 am

I'll try to update as they release more. I've been saying for years the WS should be a bigger factor in combat, looks like that's a big change!

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/blog/index.php?entry/1590-issue-6-2-0-brb-and-wdg-background-rules-spoilers/
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneak peeks into 9th Age 2.0

Post  The Apothecary on Mon May 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Now they just need to switch to a D10 system and we would be in a very happy place Very Happy
The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon May 22, 2017 10:49 pm

The Apothecary wrote:Now they just need to switch to a D10 system and we would be in a very happy place Very Happy

That was actually talked about but abandoned.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed May 31, 2017 6:18 pm

squalie wrote:I'll try to update as they release more.  I've been saying for years the WS should be a bigger factor in combat, looks like that's a big change!

This change seems like a HUGE deal. What I mean by this is it will take a re-balancing of the entire game, top to bottom, to make it work. Special rules, points cost, stat lines, all would have to be changed... wouldn't they? I don't see how they could possibly include something like this and have 2.0 ready on time.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed May 31, 2017 9:30 pm

Nathan.A. wrote:
squalie wrote:I'll try to update as they release more.  I've been saying for years the WS should be a bigger factor in combat, looks like that's a big change!

This change seems like a HUGE deal. What I mean by this is it will take a re-balancing of the entire game, top to bottom, to make it work. Special rules, points cost, stat lines, all would have to be changed... wouldn't they? I don't see how they could possibly include something like this and have 2.0 ready on time.

I think they have it planned out. Dwarfs get a better defensive WS than offensive and Elves get a better offensive weapons skill than defensive kinda thing. That's a VERY simplified example.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Oh yeah that part seems simple enough, and shouldn't pose a huge problem. But are they also planning on changing the to hit table? That's the change that seems crazy intensive.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top