Oracle
Wizard Apprentice 4 Spells

30 Blades of Nabh (witch elves)
Standard, Musician

19 Repeater Crossbows
Full Command (Mage bunker)

10 Repeater Crossbows

10 Repeater Crossbows

10 Repeater Crossbows (these are all to make friends Very Happy )

28 Executioners
Full Command
War Standard (general and bsb go here)

Hydra

5 Dark Acolytes

5 Dark Acolytes

5 Dark Riders
Light Lance, Light Armour, Shield

So what do you guys think? I'm not and elf player or a dark elf player so I totally don't know what a decent list looks like. I feel the need to add some chaff units like harpies or dark riders. the Dread Knights were kind of going to do that job for me just with a 2+ Save. Honestly i want this army to use the Fleet Commander fig, not even going to kid myself about that haha. Fabulous hair and a peg leg! Thank you sir!

Any advice would be cool. i have another 30 elves i could make spearmen or MORE crossbows and some more knights and alot more riders that could be the acolytes or the fast cav. I want a Blood Alter Throne thing but they are out of stock right now and if i don't NEED it i'd like to not waste anymore money.

NOW Paint as well... i may just open a new thread for this but i love what Nathan R/A did with their dark elves and i kinda wana try and fit purple in some how, purple is my fav colour and i have no purple armies right now. So this is going to be it... Maybe Warplock Bronze and Xerxes Purple?

Last edited by Kal on Sat May 20, 2017 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5000 Point Dark Elves - SOLD

Post  squalie on Wed May 17, 2017 11:15 am

This list looks as good as any. Tough combat blocks, decent magic and shooting, Knights and a monster. Done!
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed May 17, 2017 12:17 pm

I would make the knights a bigger block but thats because I love the knights. I'd also throw in a unit of dark raiders because they are great.

As for paint, my dark elf army was the easiest thing in the world to paint. Basecoat black, sloppy dry brush bone or tan, wash with purple on all the cloth areas. Paint the metals and other little details and done. The gold was a basecoat of leadbelcher and a yellow wash. Then edge highlights with an almost pastel yellow. Gives you a cold, almost sickly looking gold instead of the rich gold you usually see.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed May 17, 2017 12:31 pm

I do have 10 knights, maybe i'll bump that number up to 9, mount the bsb on a raptor maybe? Not going to lie i'm very much not a fan of the stupidity roll.

Ok, i'll smarten up the characters, i honestly dont need a 110 point axe or a 100 point book. So that will free up some space.

Making changes will repost, THANKS.

Hrm... that paint scheme just wasnt even on my mind when thinking of colour choices, very cool Nathan. I will go look at some pics of your army and kinda steal some ideas but dont worry ours will still look so different wont be an issue. I'm thinking of going with the red cracked earth for the bases that i was going to do with the Chaos Dwarves once upon a time.... Maybe?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed May 17, 2017 12:46 pm

My army honestly looked like a blind old man with Parkinson's had painted it before the washes went on. Those washes were like magic!
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed May 17, 2017 1:40 pm

nathanr wrote:My army honestly looked like a blind old man with Parkinson's had painted it before the washes went on.  Those washes were like magic!

Now that would be talent, Blind and Parkinson's ha

Ok i'll probably do a test fig tonight. Kinda finishing up a scraplauncher i'm enjoying. So maybe i'll magnetize the Dark Elves and see how much i love them.

Thanks guys. *still working on a modified list*
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed May 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Going through the list again, i'm dropping raptor knights entirely. not a fan at all. the mounts have 2 attacks but the riders only 1? So i'm losing so many attacks in the 2nd rank, just idk not a fan. INSTEAD... more crossbows Very Happy and a bolt thrower and still adjusting the characters. Elf lists are always hard for me... toughness 3 ... i mean like my skeletons can handle it because i bring 300+ of them ! haha and when they get knocked down, they get up again.... you're never going to keep them down Wink
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed May 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Raptor knights are T4 because of their mounts.  Yes they only get 1 attack but it usually hits on a 2 and wounds on a 2, rerolling 1's.  They are S6 on the charge and if you make a character within 12" a beast master their mounts gain hatred.  I like to give them the AP banner which makes them really mean, even when they don't charge.  Add to that 2+ ward save and you have a pretty solid combat block.  1 round of combat against Don's daemonettes I won by over 20 combat res. and that was one unit of 9 and a character charging the front of his full block and character.

I once got a charge of 2 blocks and 2 raptor chariots against Andre's iron gut death star.  The ogres didn't even get to swing.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed May 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Ok... i'll admit i didn't think of the T 4 aspect... Since i have 10 i will try them out, better than just brining more crossbows as i'm sure that will get old fast.

Do you bother giving your dark riders cross bows? I was just thinking shields and be done.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed May 17, 2017 7:09 pm

I do, simply because they are pretty much my only shooting. They aren't particularly effective, mostly just annoying.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu May 18, 2017 12:26 am

Ah fair enough. I have enough shooting so I'll probably run them naked tbh. How do you manage cults in your army? Is it a big deal? Do u even bother with any of them?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu May 18, 2017 11:57 am

Updated the first list with minor changes. this is it locked and loaded babay. Going to magnetize them and hopefully get a practice game in this weekend. And plus side if i lose, cheap Dark Elf Army for Sale Monday Very Happy
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu May 18, 2017 12:00 pm

where did the dark elves come from?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu May 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Carson wrote:where did the dark elves come from?

Not sure what the lore is for 9th but in 8th they came from High Elves, some sort of civil war and they split off and went to their own island. So originally they were High Elves on Ulthuan but then they founded their own empire on Naggaroth... But again not 100% sure you would have to ask a elf player. So the Dark Elves just came from High Elves essentially ...

OHHH you mean where did i get the dark elf ARMY sorry Wink post just was a little vague. Don's house *points to Don* they were the Franks Dark Elf army that i purchased for Canadian Dollars (Canadian Dollar's Pending)
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu May 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Just bought 40 Dark Arc Corsairs. Fuck them Witch elves are OUTTA HERE
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu May 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Those answers that you insist are clever - aren't. Wink

Frank, Sean and I had a big army sale. Frank had 4 armies to get rid of!!

I bought the painted Ogres from Frank, as I painted them and it just seemed right. Sean bought his Dark Elves, we sold the Squig army and the Brets are left.

I was going to take some of Seans Dwarfs, but his Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs sold.

My Tzeentch Warriors sold. All in about a day. Crazy. Just Bretonnian army (super deal) and the Chaos Bretonnians (decent deal) are left.

All that Stormcast stuff I had got traded to a Red Deer fellow for a bunch of Mierce Beastmen stuff, so I'll have a Beastmen army next week! Exactly what I wanted too!

I now have 5 armies, 4 painted.

If anyone wants to sell some stuff, just let me know. I'll take a small cut for hassle fee and shipping, but money in pocket is better than dust on figs. OR an army trade if you want to try something else! Sometimes that's all it takes to fire up the hobby.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri May 19, 2017 6:09 am

Nicely done! I've got a bunch of unpainted FOW stuff that is collecting dust, I might have to use your services.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri May 19, 2017 7:59 am

Thats a lot of toys traded in a short time! I was tempted with the squig army.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri May 19, 2017 8:05 am

Carson wrote:Thats a lot of toys traded in a short time! I was tempted with the squig army.

I was super tempted, made lists and almost had other models ordered. You already had the squigs and colossal squig thing going, so I let it go.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri May 19, 2017 8:21 am

Yes there was alot there. I tried to rein myself in by only buying dark elves. But then instead I made a gw order too haha. Trying to put off buying that kraken... Pirate Dark Elves. Mmm. Omg... Can I use the high elf sky sleuth thing as my Chariots some how!? '? Guys how? Help
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri May 19, 2017 8:34 am

Use a flying lizardmen rhamperdon or w.e its called in place of the eagle?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri May 19, 2017 3:26 pm

I love it when Sean answers Sean's question

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri May 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Carson wrote:I love it when Sean answers Sean's question

You guys are to slow Wink

Think that will look good / work? I havent had much experience with either fig tbh. Or is it too copy paste of the High Elves?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri May 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Ok so new goal make one list for wach of my armies and send all the extras with Don for slave trade...you may need your truck haha
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri May 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Mhael wrote:Ok so new goal make one list for wach of my armies and send all the extras with Don for slave trade...you may need your truck haha

This, is a good idea and i debated doing it, BUUT with 2.0 not being out yet i worry about doing this prematurely.

On that note i have some extra Dwarves you may be interested in Andre, Some smexy slayers. You want some orange bearded lovin
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top