New Players

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Players

Post  nathanr on Mon May 15, 2017 2:04 pm

So with the idea that we should grow the league, the idea was tossed out to have demo games at the Den with premade armies. I like this idea. I managed to find this:

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/filebase/index.php?license/344-the-9th-age-quick-starter-armylists/&versionID=1078

which is a collection of premade army lists along with all the relevant quick reference material needed for that list. Pretty handy. The rules seem to be somewhat simplified and the "armies" are small but that's to be expected I guess.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Players

Post  Mhael on Mon May 15, 2017 3:28 pm

Yes i downloaded the quick rules but havent read through them. So I am going to hang some posters that Nathan made up and see if we cant generate new players vy having games at the den. If i dont have 2 players lined up and you want to play text me and i will see what i have for spots. Games will be of the 2500pt variety to get new players a feel for the game. Also if 2 people want a regular game come down so we can get some game exposure.

This wont start until after the long weekend in may
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue May 16, 2017 8:39 am

I don't like it. Using the real rule books to advantage is part of the game. Completely "fair" armies makes the choice of armies largely insignificant and reduces the importance of the different armies in the game. Have I won a game because of my army? No, but I've won games by using my army to set up or block combats.

Very Happy

*grumbles* Sean finds handy tools from the 9th age and people shit all over it but Nathan finds it and EVERYONE loves it *pfft*

Meh could work, i dont' like the idea of teaching people one set of dumbed down rules only to have to re teach them the real ones. You know?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue May 16, 2017 11:34 am

Jesus Christ Sean.....I had a big long reply but erased it to type this.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue May 16, 2017 12:07 pm

Carson wrote:Jesus Christ Sean.....I had a big long reply but erased it to type this.

What can i say bud, i'm an inspiration to all Very Happy

Plus Nathan knows I'm just bugging him and never to take me seriously Wink or atleast he should by NOW
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top