5000 Dwarf list

View previous topic View next topic Go down

5000 Dwarf list

Post  squalie on Fri May 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Just curious....

Here's a Dwarf list.  Since I understand very little about the short dudes (I'm trying) what would you change in this list considering:

- I want to avoid Seekers
- No artillery
- As much armoured Dwarfs as possible
- Good character builds and what units to put them in.

King on shield bearers, shield, Rune of might, rune of penetrating, 3X shielding
23 Kings Guard, FC, Standard of Dismay

BSB, Holdstone, 2 rune of iron, rune of steel, rune of might
24 Deep Watch, FC

Runic Smith, shield, rune of iron, rune of: reckoning, resilience, swift striking
24 Grey beards, FC, Great weapons

10 Clans Marksmen, Guild crafted handguns
10 Grey beards, Mu, thrown weapons, shield
10 Grey beards, Mu, thrown weapons, shield
10 Forge Wardens, Mu
10 Forge Wardens, Mu
Steam Copter
Steam Copter

4999 points.

Last edited by squalie on Fri May 12, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5000 Dwarf list

Post  Kal on Fri May 12, 2017 3:39 pm

*snicker snicker* Don playing dwarves HAHAH and we thought the day would never come!

Do it Don! They are dwarves, every list is a solid list Wink plus this looks like it isn't 100% Cheddar. I like it. Plus paint scheme could be fun!
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri May 12, 2017 4:34 pm

I can lend you the models to push around. No artillery...but why...tgats what dwarfs do. If you dont want to sit back and shoot try taking some vanguards. 28 kingsguard is getting mighty expensive. This list will still play very well you just have to adjust your play style to suit. Hold guardians move 5 keep up nicely wuth triple march move where your forge wardens will lag behind.

You could compensate by running the two units of forge wardens tight to one flank and put the deepwatch beside them for combats. The kingsguard will hold up the middle and make any player think twice about charging into it
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri May 12, 2017 4:43 pm

If I make all the ranked units 25, I'll have enough points to make a unit of 10 guild crafted pistols - which I think I'll do.

***edit*** I've edited first post to make changes.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri May 12, 2017 8:08 pm

I like this list. My only issue is that The 2 units of 10 greybeards are going to die quickly. They aren't maneuverable enough to use as flank support and they'll get run over by anything that wants to charge them. I'd make them 1 unit of 20 or swap them for some hold guardians and give your big unit of greybeards throwing weapons.

The big unit of greybeards should have hand weapons and shields. Great weapons are tempting but parry and shield wall are too good to give up.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri May 12, 2017 10:16 pm

nathanr wrote:I like this list.  My only issue is that The 2 units of 10 greybeards are going to die quickly.  They aren't maneuverable enough to use as flank support and they'll get run over by anything that wants to charge them.  I'd make them 1 unit of 20 or swap them for some hold guardians and give your big unit of greybeards throwing weapons.

The big unit of greybeards should have hand weapons and shields.  Great weapons are tempting but parry and shield wall are too good to give up.

I see lists that have 10 man Greybeard units just throwing out st 4 shots. Disposable is a strong word, but they are mostly single purpose. I understand about the Shield wall, but why do I care about parry with WS 5 units? Just making sure I'm not missing something.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat May 13, 2017 12:46 am

Not sure what to say about the list other than its dwarf.......it'll do just fine Wink seriously though, You'll quickly take a copter or two and artillery once you play a few games. I think dwarfs are probably better on the charge anyway.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat May 13, 2017 9:08 am

Good point, you don't need parry with ws 5.  10 dwarfs just seems like a speed bump to me unless they are clan marksmen (which have longer range and still S4 shots).

Also, your big greybeards unit are S4, AP(1) with the runesmith in the unit. S5 on the charge. With great weapons you're S6 and S7 AP(1) which is cool but your heavy armour only is going to mean a lot of dead dwarfs before you get to swing. You can't win a prolonged combat. Leave the great weapons to the kings guard who are stubborn and have 2 attacks. Also, being immune to psychology I don't think the greybeards can choose to flee from a charge meaning they have less ability to choose their combats.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat May 13, 2017 11:18 am

Carson wrote:Not sure what to say about the list other than its dwarf.......it'll do just fine Wink seriously though, You'll quickly take a copter or two and artillery once you play a few games. I think dwarfs are probably better on the charge anyway.

I'd avoid artillery on principle. It seems all the lists have Seekers, Organs Guns and Dragon Seekers - which Id like to avoid.

Here's where this started; I have such an irrational hatred for Dwarfs, but I like the models. I figured if I had an army and played a few games, maybe that would go away. Also, I had a paint scheme in mind and if I based them the same way as my High Elves, I could have a display with the 2 armies.

This hobby is stupid.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat May 13, 2017 11:43 am

no......its fantastic.....with disposable income and a love of shiny new plastic toys.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat May 13, 2017 2:44 pm

That sounds like a solid plan Don, can't wait to see what you've got planned.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top