2017 Garagecon

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2017 Garagecon

Post  nathanr on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Even if there were no prizes, $20 is a great deal for a weekend of gaming where the TO offers you a place to stay.

Last edited by nathanr on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:34 pm

I didnt mean this to cause anyone undo hardships. $20 seemed a good number to generate prizes to lure some of the Albertans down but with the release of 40k 8th they have a weekend of learning planned so i dont expect them to show. I will leave it set as is.
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:16 pm

With that all resolved an idea was kicked around to play some 'magic'. Anyone interested would buy a pack of cards and we would sit down and mix it up. Don knows more about this than me but any who are interested we can figure it out on saturday and send a few bodies with money to the den to pick up cards.
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Haha oh man Magic, throw-back to Jr Highschool for me. I probably won't but it sounds like a fun time.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:02 pm

nathanr wrote:Even if there were no prizes, $20 is a great deal for a weekend of gaming where the TO offers you a place to stay.

It was me that brought it up to Andre, and to make my point clear. Andre is stating that the Friday event is $20 a player, all turned back into prize money. How that's broken down is up to Andre.

I just told him to put $10 from each player into the prize pool and keep $10 each for himself as putting on an event costs money. That's all I was saying. Smile
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Mhael wrote:With that all resolved an idea was kicked around to play some 'magic'. Anyone interested would buy a pack of cards and we would sit down and mix it up. Don knows more about this than me but any who are interested we can figure it out on saturday and send a few bodies with money to the den to pick up cards.

We'll reserve that for another Saturday as it'll take some time. 6 guys is perfect as the box has 36 packs. Run off to the corner, make a 40 card deck and have a round robin. Costs about $20-25 each and is good for a solid evening.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:59 am

Agreed with the cost, definitely more than fair. And 100% super in for a Magic Draft... its been a while.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:04 pm

Yeah $20 is totally fair for a night of hosted, organized tournament gaming involving prizes. No complaints here.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:29 pm

Looks like I'll be there for the tournament Tomorrow and then Saturday starting around 3 or 4 until closing time. I'm not going to be there Sunday.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:23 am

A super big thanks to Andre for hosting Garagecon. I can't get over how well you put together an event and it's great the hobby has people like you putting in this effort. The food is second to none. Anyone that didn't find a little time to show up this weekend certainly missed out.

I had a great weekend and played 7 games, so I got some good 9th Age exercise in!
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:38 pm

It was an awesome weekend. Thanks Andre, you really know how to host an event.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:12 pm

I had lots of fun Friday night, I only wish I had been able to get some 5000 point games in Sat and Sun, next year for sure!

Thank you to Andre for hosting and organizing.

P.S. My girlfriend loves the smell of the "50 Shades of Brown." Looks like my Orcs lost for a reason afro

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:25 pm

I owe everyone an apology, but Dom especially. In the tournament, I was playing my blood chariot with strength 6 impact hits as I was led to believe that was the case. After the event, I went looking into it and apparently they are only st 5. The model gets +1 strength first turn, but impact hits aren't affected.

Sorry Dom. Just shouting out as I feel bad as I was so certain but I was wrong.

That's all.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:10 pm

To be fair i think everyone should get to take a random piece of the AT-AT so everytime you look at it you'll remeber its not quite 'right'. Just kidding...we all make mistakes. I know my last game was kind of a fugue state
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:48 am

I can't even count how many times I've made rules mistakes...it happens

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:16 am

You don't owe me an apology Don, I didn't play your daemons. But I am deeply offended by your loose moral character. Wink
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:10 am

nathanr wrote:You don't owe me an apology Don, I didn't play your daemons.  But I am deeply offended by your loose moral character. Wink

It didn't affect too much, I just want to know if I'm cheating - it's by accident. Very Happy

I posted on the 9th forum to ask this question as I was sincerely confused and all the Daemon players (of course) insisted this was legal. It seems I opened a can of worms that is asked often and you can read the short thread if it interests you:

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/26968-daemon-of-wrath-blood-chariot-impact-hits/&postID=660547#post660547
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:47 am

squalie wrote:I owe everyone an apology, but Dom especially. In the tournament, I was playing my blood chariot with strength 6 impact hits as I was led to believe that was the case.  After the event, I went looking into it and apparently they are only st 5.  The model gets +1 strength first turn, but impact hits aren't affected.

Sorry Dom. Just shouting out as I feel bad as I was so certain but I was wrong.

That's all.

Hey big points fr looking into and admitting the mistake ! I had a feeling that's how it was, like i said in our game orcs have the same kind of deal and i Know they don't benefit from it.
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Is this change new? I'm almost sure that clarification on characteristics being modified was not there before. And I'm sorry but the rules they are coming up with these days seem to have balance above all else. The logic of how things affect other things in this game doesn't make sense, I am s6 because first round, but my impact hits that use my strength are not done at my strength, because it's been increased by a special rule, but if it was increased by anything else then it's OK and they do use my strength... what? In all other circumstances my model counts as s6, but not if it's a special attack which uses my strength characteristic... good rule dummies.

Can you tell I'm annoyed that I had this wrong too  Mad

Last edited by Nathan.A. on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:10 pm

I feel your pain Nathan......have I ever told you I like your style?

I don't even fully understand the special effect rule. Just seems clunky and is this there needlessly to complicate things

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:05 pm

Which is exactly my confusion and frustration - obviously shared by many in the 9th community. It seems that'll change in 2.0
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:33 pm

In the case of the orc chariot it's simply because the cation does not have the born to fight rule , only the orcs riding it do. It the whole model shared the rules the chariot would get strength from the boars thunderous charge and the orcs born to fight , making its impact hits WAAAAAY to strong
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:11 pm

Thanks Carson, appreciate it. And I feel like they need to stop making things balanced if it means they make no sense, I really feel like it hurts the game more than it helps it, I mean who is going to want to start playing a game with seemingly arbitrary illogical rules.

Also upon looking even further into the rulebook it says that only the chariot part of the model does impact hits, and if it's a multi-part non-chariot model only the mount does the hits. This makes the plates of tuktek from the orc book entirely useless on a boar riding orc as the impact hits must be done at the boars AMAZING str 3. Riding a boar makes the same orcs impact hits LESS powerful. I would love for someone to try and argue the reasoning for that ridiculous clause.

Also Dom is totally right, but the solution to that already exists in the form of the clause stating that special rules only affect the model part that has them, and not the entire model, unless otherwise specifically mentioned. But if the entire chariot model has the mark of wrath then every part of the model gains the +1 str in the first round, making the chariot also +1 str, which may have been why we were led to logically infer that the impact hits were done at s6.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top