CHRISTMAS LIST

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CHRISTMAS LIST

Post  Ironwoulf on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:36 am

ANy of you putting WHF on your Christmas list? If you could put 1 thing on the list what would it be? - For me it would be the Chaos Lords on demon steeds as I am too cheap to buy them for myself. Would your significant other or parents or other family member be able to able on thier own to get the gift? It took a wee bit of time but my wife can go into Dragon's Den and make a wise purchase to make me happy Christmas morning.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CHRISTMAS LIST

Post  Carson on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:49 am

The wife got me the steam tank with fighting platform one year....awesome gift as she had to special order it!

A great gift this year would be any Gw terrain. Its always good stuff but goes way down on the priority scale for things to buy. Oh the chaos spearhead would be pretty cool too!!!!!!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luckless Diceman on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:56 am

I put in a request for an Air brush and small compressor, I even went so far as to finding a place to order on line as I hear the GW one only works with propellant cans. I am also hoping for a gift certificate from my in-laws. They usually get me one from the Compusoft store in Red Deer where I believe Galadros works.

Luckless Diceman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:54 am

CompuSoft is a great store, and Kieran does work there (I think he's still there).

I never trust my family to buy me game shit. To the uninformed their is no difference between night goblin or reg goblins. I just get it myself and tell them to stay out of my damn business.

What's even worse was a couple years ago I tried to get the wife to get me some flames of war stuff. Anyone know by chance how many different makes of 8.8cm German Flak guns Battlefront makes? It's more than 4 for sure.

So now I gotta either start an Afrika Korps army or do some converting on the crew models.

If I did have a list to get me it would probably include some more plastic Orcs boxes.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:20 pm

I just ask for money instead, then I know that I'll be getting what I want. If my brother has my name in the gift draw then I trust him to get me something good, but otherwise cash is safest! This year I'm going to get a box of witch elves for a conversion project but that is about it.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:27 am

The secret is to have someone else involved that can give clues to others. My list has a couple items mostly terrain (I prefer homemade ones and they ae so easy to make) but I put down to ask my bro. This way he knows what figs I want or how to build terrain which he will use as well as long as he doesn't cripple me by reccommending all gnoblars all the time!

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:50 am

An all gnoblar army would be interesting... Almost as interesting as th all-peasant bretonnian army that I'm always recommending for my brother!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:51 am

I am pretty sure I have one of these bad boys awaiting me under the tree:
http://www.ultraforgeminiatures.com/greater-wardemon.html

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:30 pm

RickyDMMontoya wrote:I am pretty sure I have one of these bad boys awaiting me under the tree:
http://www.ultraforgeminiatures.com/greater-wardemon.html

It's a cool looking fig. Did you wrap it for yourself? I do that from time to time, just so I get the most presents then I can yell "In your face sucka's, I won Christmas!".

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:41 pm

Nah, but I ordered an Egrimm Van Horstmann off of ebay for myself for christmas and didn't bother wrapping it.

Put it together last night while watching Star Trek VI instead of studying.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:09 pm

Thats the kind of procrastination that made me the University Dropout I am today!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top