My Current Beastmen Project

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: My Current Beastmen Project

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:16 am

The Gum spirits of turpentine I got from Micheals for 10 bucks, and the paints were 7 each. SO it's not the end of the world to try this stuff, but it's not free either. It's also not that great on most of the warhammer models as a technique so you have to commit to lots of nurgle if you want to do it.

It's great on 15mm armor and bigger scale stuff like tanks though!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luckless Diceman on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:58 pm

Ok so I have finished my pestigors but I'm not 100% sure if I like them. I think there missing something. Perhaps you lads can give me some tips before I enter them in this internet forum competion at Warhammer Battle reporter. Anyway there close but perhaps a detail could be enhanced. Let me know what you think.
Thanks
L. Very Happy

another shot

and my single entry which I think you have seen before.

Luckless Diceman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:25 pm

First what you need to do is crop and resize the images. It's easy enough to do, especially on PhotoBucket. Just click edit, and resize. This forum and most others will only disply an image 800 pixels wide.

Other then that, the unit looks good. If you wanted a tad more variation amongst the unit I would go for a little bit of a purple glaze over some of the mutating tentacles and exposed bellies. A few more highlights, especially on the front row along the high poitns fo their robes and cowls would work as well. The musicians head covering as is looks a little flat. I'd use whatever you used as the last highligth and mix it with about 1:1 bleached bone, then do some edge highlighting with pure bleached bone.

It's good stuff, and good luck in the comp!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luckless Diceman on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:50 pm

Thanks Scott
I will try that advise and sorry for the picture size I keep down sizing to 1000 but I suppose 800 would be better. Now to see if I have purple glaze or wash! Very Happy

Luckless Diceman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Oh yeah, the light tent you have is working! If you'd liek some different backgrounds I picked mine up for 50 cents a pop at a scrapbook store. I'm not sayig it's the way to go, but I like it. Also if you do a google search on "gradient photo backgrounds" you can probably find one that fades from a light blue to white which helps bring out your mini's and makes sure nobody is looking at the background but fully on the mini.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:45 pm

yeah, looking good. Other than what Scott mentioned I might try something on the banner such as ruins or marks. A bit of highlighting on the cowls like Scott mentioned will finish it up.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luckless Diceman on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:36 am

Hey guys
Thanks for he input. I will give these tips a go and try to post a picture before I go on holidays. I had thought about putting some runes on the standard Carson but my free-hand sucks, so I decided to leave it as is so I won't wreck it. Anyway I may try to add some runes later on.
Thanks agin gents.
Very Happy

Luckless Diceman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:30 pm

They need to look a little dirtier, but this army is going to look awesome. Your free hand sucks? Geez, I didn't know Beastmen were artists! tongue

It's supposed to look like drunk, angry Beasts scribbled on human skin...just sayin'. Keep going you're doing great.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luckless Diceman on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:04 pm

Yeah I know the beasts artistic touch would leave something to be desired but last one I did looked corny. Anyway I added some wash and a few more highlights and they do look better. The highlites aren't great but I do like what the wash did. anyway here they are again. Cheers Smile

Luckless Diceman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:59 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top