Dread Elves for the Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dread Elves for the Tournament

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Captain on Pegasus
Captain on Raptor - General
Captain on Raptor with the Battle Standard

5 Dark Raiders with musician, standard, light lance, shield, light armour and repeater crossbows
5 Dark Raiders with musician, standard, light lance, shield, light armour and repeater crossbows
10 Dark Raiders with musician, standard, light lance, shield, light armour and repeater crossbows
9 Dread Knights with full command
9 Dread Knights with full command
1 Raptor Chariot
1 Raptor Chariot
5 Dark Acolytes with champion
5 Dark Acolytes with champion
1 Hunting Chariot

5000/5000
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread Elves for the Tournament

Post  Kal on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Ugh bloody fast ass dark elves haha I'm not sure if i'll have any answers to this list at the tourney or anywhere else actually haha. Hope you bounce off my giant blocks maybe? Or hopefully one of my other opponents will defeat you before i have to sully my axes on dark elf flesh! haha

Definitely looks like a solid fast list Nathan, how does this list / style compare in 9th to 8th? Still working as you want/planned?

Hunting Chariot = bolt thrower chariot? Again i know nothing about Dark Elves i owned an army for .... like 3 games haha
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Not especially effective, the chaff units seem to die rediculously quickly while the dark acolytes are MUCH less effective in the magic phase. The knight blocks hit hard on the charge but they don't have a ton of attacks so if I happen to whiff it isn't good. The chariots are great, both varieties but again, if they don't do a lot of wounds on the impact they're in trouble.

The hunter chariot has a S7 shot that does D3 wounds and is quick to fire but can't stand and shoot.

It is an army that depends a lot on very solid tactics and forward thinking. I do not seem to have that ability these days. I'm going to play using this army pretty exclusively for a while to try to force myself to be a better player.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:38 pm

It's a cool army.

I was also thinking the same thing about my High elves - I struggle with them, so I think I'm going to run them pretty exclusively in the next league...or sooner.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:06 am

So is your only magic the two units of dark acolytes ?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:26 am

Yep, giving me 2 level 1 fast cavalry wizards with 3 S4 poisoned attacks each and a 4+ ward save with set low casting cost spells of a buff/hex and a direct damage. There are stronger magic phases out there but mine is pretty good all-around.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:03 am

Hrm definitely interesting and suits the speed/style of the army. Im not gonna lie all my lists have like 700+ point master wizards with 4 Spells and I really feel they don't carry their points in 80% of the games im playing. Imo
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:30 pm

I always think that until I get out magic...ed during a game.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top