9th age league tournament season

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 9th age league tournament season

Post  Mhael on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:52 pm

Are you inferring that Nathan A and i are lying!!! If thats the case you had better step very lightly, maybe write down your thoughts first put them under your pillow and read them back to yourself the next day in front of a mirror.
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:00 pm

First off, bring it. 1102 Wolfe Ave. My house is so messy I call it assassin proof! (not Nathan A tho, he is bigger than me haha he is allowed to go to Ikea lol) Secondly im not saying you guys are lying at all, im just saying your reasons didn't get you raked over hot coals. So I'M going to lie and steal your guys legit excuses Smile

I would like to know why he canceled tho...

A) Is it because of only 6 people because that I get... B) or and this is very presumptuous of me, but if its because I'm not going... Then get rid of the +5 and I'll be there with bells on at 9 am sharp. But it can't be that because I am a miserable opponent Razz
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Me, Sean and Brian will be there for 2 games. We will be there for 10, unless it's open earlier..
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:53 pm

I would say it got cancelled because 3 people bailed last minute. Andre and Nathan A didn't get raked over the coals because their excuses are legit. I'll give Nathan A some grief next time I see him though. You are just being belligerent though so I would say you deserve all the grief you are getting here.

I think the tourney would still be cancelled if only Andre and Nathan A couldn't come though so you don't need to feel as though the cancellation is your fault. I do think you need to look long and hard at yourself and figure out why you are in this hobby though. Is it to win fame and glory or to be part of a good group of people and have fun?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:15 pm

I cancelled because I'd like to have as many people at the event as possible. Tournaments are a great time, I don't want anyone to miss out......unless its some tard moaning about a 5 point painting score. Shocked

I just talked to Darren and he will be open at 10

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:27 pm

Ok I'm going to stop before i actually say something i might regret ... but seriously do you guys not see that you guys are being tards about the 5 points too? Like its an arbitrary point value that you chose to assign... and then left out every other one? like IF your going to dip a toe, dunk the foot.

+5 sportsman
+5 WYSIWYG
+5 Painted
+5 Display Board
+5 Clear command structure

like then you guys are running legit TOURNAMENT format then i am in. but being stubborn on the painting but literally not valuing anything else definitely feels bias to me.

ANYWAYS I will be there Saturday morning at 10 am SHARP and i bought  lock picking kit that i'm pretty good with so at 10:01 if the store isnt open i will be opening it for us guys fear not we will have games! So if anyone wants first game let me know. (after all this as if haha) but i warn you now my army will be un painted, so it wont be aesthetically pleasing for you to play against. Fore warned

First unlucky soul to have the misfortune of having a game with me is???
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:47 pm

Kal wrote:

+5 sportsman
+5 WYSIWYG
+5 Painted
+5 Display Board
+5 Clear command structure

this... yep makes sense but i think i understand the problem here and MAY be able to clear things up and we can all stop acting like children and move on ...

lets call the "painting" points  hobby points instead and the organizer will judge how many points you get based around this criteria. what they decide is what you get no questioning. now if im not mistaken these are all things Carson looks, or has looked at in the past anyway.

does that sound fair ?? still only 5 points up for grabs
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:03 am

I actually prefer that too. Not a check box for 5 points if you're fully painted. It is a scale from 1-5 (or 1-10 or 1-20 it doesn't really matter) where 0 is empty bases and 5 (or 10 or 20...) is the best example of the hobby side at the tournament.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:30 am

And you know what, maybe this is the perfect solution. and MAYBE i did get a little to defensive but when you guys ONLY counted painting (which is the hardest / slowest part of the hobby for me) i felt like you guys think i just sit at home NOT painting out of spite or something. When i paint all the time but just much slower than you guys, and i do prefer to model and do other aspects of the hobby over painting.

So who will be there for 10am? I think we should get some games lined up. who vs who type stuff
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:43 am

I'll be there, I owe Carson a game and I guess one other?
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:43 am

I'm planning on being there at 10.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:14 pm

I'm slowly losing my enthusiasm. I'll still be there. My daughter is visiting - ill still be there.

So, after all these posts, what I read when I sift through all the whiny sentences is .....

.....Sean is whining he doesn't have a painted army? That seems pretty much the issue here. Wink

We should get some pairings up now to save time sat morning.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Looks like there will be 3 Saskatoon guys and 3 Moose Jaw guys playing games. I can play Carson any old time so why don't we try to match up MJ vs Saskatoon guys?

Don I haven't had a game with you yet this league so how about I'm your first? Then I'll play Brian because I've already had 2 games vs Sean this league.

Carson can play Brian and Sean because he always plays Don
Dwayne can play Sean and then Don.

Easy Peasy.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:23 pm

Done and done.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:42 pm

Sounds good, I'll see you there at 10 sharp for our first game Dwayne!
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:31 pm

Sweet! Seen you then Sean!

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:59 pm

What do I smell? I was just avoiding the drama :-)
GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:50 pm

Wasn't sure if you were still coming, usually you only do tournaments. 7 does put a wrench in things... suggestions? Anyone else want to step in? I can provide an army if you want to play Dom.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:11 pm

I asked Justin but no answer yet
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Kal wrote:I asked Justin but no answer yet

nvm he works
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:34 am

Geoff can have my afternoon game, I need to clean up my backyard anyway. Maybe Carson and I can have a game in the evening or something to make up for it.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:12 pm

I had two very fun games against Geoff and Carson. Funny thing, but until Brian mentioned this on the way home I didnt even consciously notice they were both O&G Armies, like obviously i knew that i was fighting goblins and orks SHADDUP, but they were such different lists, different tactics, different objectives/deployment and such visually strikingly different armies. Both looked awesome btw guys. That i didnt feel like i fought two O&G armies in a row, or not in a negative "ugh same army again kind of way." I'm not sure if thats a thing new to 9th or if it even makes sense to you guys but I love how many different lists that can be made and ways we can build armies in 9th. Definitely hope this game continues in a positive way. i immediately went home and made a thousand changes to my own O&G list haha. Dwayne we didn't get our 1st game as planned so next time i'm in Saskatoon you are 100% my first opponent, i really want another crack at that Empire Army! (maybe not that beefy dragon tho haha)

MVP of the day for me, Disciples of Lugar omg these guys are crazy!
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top