Imperial Prince (Marshal) on a dragon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Imperial Prince (Marshal) on a dragon

Post  blizzard435 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:50 pm

I'm thinking about trying out an imperial prince on a dragon as General for EOS. I think it's a pretty good beat stick but is cannon bait.
Imperial Prince starts with Sonnsthal and 50 points of other magic items. Dragon is a dragon. We get 4 auto wound attacks and 5 S6 attacks plus thunderstomp.
Standard load out usually includes a lucky shield to save against that one laser guided cannon ball and the +5 ward vs artillery (Charm of Cursed Icon). Lucky shield is almost an auto take but I'm thinking about some other options. I like lucky shield + divine icon to get past ward saves.

What do people think of running dragons? It's a lot of eggs in one easily shot basket (860-910 points worth of eggs). Also, any recommendations on models for an imperial dragon? The 'easy' option would be the high elf dragon but there are other models that could be more interesting.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Imperial Prince (Marshal) on a dragon

Post  blizzard435 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:54 pm

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Warpfire-Dragon

I like this dragon.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:50 pm

The Warpfire Dragon is an easy Dragon to like. Very cool model.

I'm the last guy to ask if it's worth it as my Daemon Generals are 1100-1200 points and except for the Thirster have a 5+/5+, so it's risky. I've never really worried too much about Cannons, it's a risk/reward thing.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:04 pm

I think I've taken a dragon one time ever and that was back in 7th or 8th edition. I'd say give it a try, if nothing else dragons are fun. As for model, you can't do better than the forgeworld carmine dragon.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:24 am

After about wed. of this week I can sell you any of these Creature Caster Dragons...

http://www.creaturecaster.com/collections/all
ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:53 am

Dragons are always awesome. Definitely take one. 18" LD bubble too Wink
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:10 pm

Its a fun model to use, You'll love it in some games and hate it in others. Any of the above mentioned dragons are top notch.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Scott, both the Emperor Dragon and Mountain Dragon look awesome; I might try out a list this weekend with a dragon in it and take you up on one of those. I like the Emperor one over the mountain dragon.

So for those Creature caster models, one week = 2 years and running right?
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:47 pm

The mini's are good. Casts are Okay to good. Maybe it's just because I don't do a lot of big mini's but prepping the plague angel thingy just now took three hours. NO ASSEMBLY just three hours of scraping lines and trying to rinse the release angel off.

The one I am working on is certainly one of the smaller mini's and it's going to be DAMN impressive. Those dragons will look ridiculous on the field! I do remember I committed one Dragon to Carson so whichever he passes on I'll deal with you on the other.

but yeah I sure did get FUCKED on the creature caster thing. I paid in august 2014 I believe. Got them today. That's just an insane amount of waiting. The products are very good, and I did enjoy steep discounts but I think that's me trying to be my most optimistic. Also the backwards fucking shipping process where they ship to the LOWEST tiered backers first is insane. Who ever heard of that? Whoever paid the most and believed in us enough to cough up them sheckels gets to wait the longest. Sigh...

Also I backed a painting DvD. The company that was going to do it went under (More's the pity... I got to the painting Buddha party too late. Talented group of dudes with a great video style!) so now I have a 30 buck store credit. Thing is I bought 8 of the 10 mini's and have no interest in the treeman or other slaaneesh thingy so I have to wait for them to make something else. Hope he stays in business!

So I'll complete this threadjack supreme by saying that I would heartily recommend the mini's to people who want a bad ass on the table. I would not recommend going back in time to 2014 and backing the kickstarter.
ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:08 pm

I approve of the Rick and Morty reference!

Yeah, I've been reluctant to go too far down the kickstarter path because of the fail rate. Glad you finally got your order in.

I'd gladly take a look at either dragon depending on which one Carson doesn't take; both are pretty nice for empire!
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:25 pm

Thing is I bought 8 of the 10 mini's and have no interest in the treeman or other slaaneesh thingy so I have to wait for them to make something else

What do these look like?

I super hate kickstarters. A company was going to release a painting video and went under? That might win the prize for biggest fail ever.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:26 pm

The company went under not due to a kickstarter, they put out some good products for the time they were operating. They just couldn't sustain so they shut their doors. They were going to do the DvD for Creature caster and it was a 30 buck add on through the creature caster kickstarter it's just not going to happen now.

What fuckin' Rick and Morty reference?
ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:48 pm

Saw Sheckels and thought Schmeckles from Rick and Morty. Oops, I guess I'm more up on fictional currency than Middle Eastern.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top