What glue do people use for basing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What glue do people use for basing?

Post  LorSve on Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:43 pm

For basing and terrain I have normally used Weldbond but all the regular stores seemed to stop carrying it. What is everyone else using? It's basically a white glue like elmers ect but stronger and it is pretty water resistant once dry.
http://canada.michaels.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-MichaelsCanada-Site/en_CA/Search-AdvancedSearch?q=Weld+bond&simplesearch.x=0&simplesearch.y=0&simplesearch=Search&cgid=entire

LorSve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What glue do people use for basing?

Post  Carson on Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:47 pm

wood glue

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:48 pm

I actually don't even use much glue on my FOW bases. I use superglue to stick the guys on and then put paper clay (an air drying clay that is easy to work with and takes paint decently well) around the guys. Then I paint the clay and superglue or elmers glue grass tufts and foliage to it. Easy peasy.

If I were to use a white glue it would just be Elmer's. It is plenty strong enough for basing. We aren't gluing lumber together or anything.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:56 pm

Wood Glue.

I believe wood glue is water resistant, which can be important if using lots of washes and stuff. I think that's the only real reason I use it over the traditional Elmers white glue.

I used to use weldbond as well on terrain pieces and such but I notice no real difference between Weldbond and wood glue.
ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top