Games This Week 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Games This Week 2

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Hey dudes, anyone for a game this week? I would prefer something maybe Thursday night or Saturday late AM, but I might be able to make other times work.

Let me know.
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Games This Week 2

Post  blizzard435 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:46 pm

I think I'm available Sat Morning/afternoon.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:13 pm

blizzard435 wrote:I think I'm available Sat Morning/afternoon.

Cool, want to try for 10:30 at the Den?
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:25 pm

Sounds like a plan!
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Still on for tomorrow at 10:30 am. Will see you then!
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:30 pm

You bet!
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:35 pm

Hey guys, what was the result of your game yesterday. I need to update the league and then post playoff spots,

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:47 pm

Victory for the Empires (20-0).

My mortar worked overtime hitting every time yesterday. They dropped both Nathan's hordes of orcs down significantly so my imperial guard could clean them up.

Nathan's trolls, after losing 6 wounds to an unerring strike decimated my knights with puke leaving my knight commander and standard. They were luckily saved by the imperial guard who couldn't find the strength to overrun into the orc block.

In the end, all Nathan had left was his block of orc boar riding headbashers. This was a rough unit, ripping through my chicken knights and steam tank. while I had my imperial guard, light infantry and one last knight in his deployment zone.

The standard that shuts down magic items is pretty tough.
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:11 pm

Yeah this one was rough for the Orcs.

The mortar took a total of about 1000 points off the table, which was incredible.

So after this one was over my initial thought was that I played it really badly, but after thinking a little more about it I don't actually feel that way. There was a couple things that could have really changed the game, and over all I made Dwayne take a lot of break tests, he was just really good at passing them, the humans were brave this time around! But really I think he took about 6 or 7 break tests and passed them all, such tests included:

Demigryph knights passing 3 tests at I believe 7 6 7, or something very close to that, no bsb reroll.

His General's unit passing a ld 5 test, had this failed he would have fled right off the map, as he was about 3 inches from the edge. This set up an easy charge from the greatswords to kill off the trolls who had the general flanked.

His warshrine guy managed to pass I think 3 tests on stubborn 8 no rerolls. This wasn't super surprising, but still the odds of getting 3 in a row are less than 40%, so like I said the humans were extra brave on this occasion.

It must be mentioned that my giant did cause a unit of 40 halberd dudes to fail a panic test and flee, he then ran them down and destroyed them, these guys weren't so brave Razz

Also I had one giant make I think 4 warpaint ward saves, which was straight up INSANE.

In conclusion I think the dice rolling was really even between the both of us, with the major exception being that mortar, I'm really salty about that damn thing Mad
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top