Shieldwall

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shieldwall

Post  Mhael on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:58 am

Reading through the 1.3 rules i see they gave kingsguard the shieldwall rule..specifically changed the rules to give it to them. However i dont see a time they would ever get to use it.
  Shieldwall- models with this special rule gain a ward save 6+ against non-special cc attacks made by the enemy models to their front as long as they are using a shield. 5+ if charged in first round of cc
  All models have a hand weapon at minimum. Kingsguard have great weapons and are not weapons masters
  Pg 70 great weapon requires 2 hands
  Pg 95 if a model uses a weapon that requires 2 hands they cannot use a shield
  Pg 70 if a model is equipped with a 'whatever type' weapon they must use this unless they have a special rule that allows them to choose which type
  So why torment me with upgrading them to have shieldwall? Am i missing some scenario?
  Also that part of non-special cc attacks means no shield wall against weapons that have armor piercing (doesnt include strength bonus), breath weapons, crush, etheral, flaming, grinding, impact, lethal, lightning reflexes, magical, poison or toxic.
  Does work against frenzy, extra ranks, devastating, things like hatred etc
  So there you go lots of ways to get by the shieldwall.
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shieldwall

Post  blizzard435 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:33 am

Special CC attacks are: Crush, Grinding, Impact, Stomp, and Breath Weapon; Shield wall doesn't work on these. I don't think that rules that augment a cc attack (Poison, Armor Piercing etc.) count.  So I would think that shield wall would work against the CC attacks with these special rules.

Last edited by blizzard435 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:34 am

That's not quite right Andre, "special" attacks would be impact hits, crush attack, grinding attack, breath weapon, sweeping attack.  The descriptions for each of these specifically calls it a "special" attack.

As for the Kingsguard getting shield wall, I think it was just for the sake of completeness.  It seems silly to think that the elite fighting force wouldn't be able to form up a shield wall if they really wanted to, they just choose not to.  So yes, it is just to torment you.  Perhaps in the next installment of the rules they'll either get weapons master or the choice of whether or not to take great weapons.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum