Scott Radom's Dwarf Blog

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scott Radom's Dwarf Blog

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:34 pm

So I'm excited about getting my Dwarfs back into fighting shape. Did some trading with Joe tonight (June 10/08) and really looking forward to getting back on the Movement 3 horse. I think I will stick with the color schem I was using when I abandoned my army about 2 years ago to pump out some orcs. I bought the great fluffy tome "Grudgelore" which will help me theme up my army but good. Actually I find Dwarfs one army that really themes itself. I've yet to face a dwarf army that makes me just shout out "What the Eff, what is that army all about?". That's just me though. Nothing else to post now, I'm off to try and paint up a fig or two to test my paint scheme. I also started to pine sol strip a few of Joe's figs. Nothing against his work, it's just that I can't use other people painted stuff. It wrecks me to do so.

Wish me luck, the race is on for 2000 points!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Radom's Dwarf Blog

Post  Lord_Stash on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:27 am

ScottRadom wrote:So I'm excited about getting my Dwarfs back into fighting shape. Did some trading with Joe tonight (June 10/08) and really looking forward to getting back on the Movement 3 horse. I think I will stick with the color schem I was using when I abandoned my army about 2 years ago to pump out some orcs. I bought the great fluffy tome "Grudgelore" which will help me theme up my army but good. Actually I find Dwarfs one army that really themes itself. I've yet to face a dwarf army that makes me just shout out "What the Eff, what is that army all about?". That's just me though. Nothing else to post now, I'm off to try and paint up a fig or two to test my paint scheme. I also started to pine sol strip a few of Joe's figs. Nothing against his work, it's just that I can't use other people painted stuff. It wrecks me to do so.

Wish me luck, the race is on for 2000 points!

Cause dwarfs are about a whole lotta BORING Razz

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:53 am

What the hell do you know about anything Stash?

I take huge offence when people say dwarf armies are boring. A dwarf army IS innately defensive but that doesn't make it less exciting to build, paint, or play on the tabletop. Dwarfs may not be for everyone, but that's the great part of the warhammer fluff is they do such a good job of drawing us into the world that we can make choices about what army to play for reasons other than purely tabletop competitive ones.

A dwarf army is challenging to win with. Your own lack of movement does mean you have to craft a battleplan and army list that involves making your opponent make the decisions you need him to make. That's not as simple as it sounds, and I really enjoy that part of the dwarf list. You can concentrate on some of the more obvious choices for dwarfs, like a real heavy gunline with thunderers and artillery whih may net you a win as you catch your oppoennt off guard the odd game but you'll never perform well in the long term, and especially at a tourny. More so I think than other armies a Dwarf list really, really, needs to spend all it's points for a purpose. With a choas army, or an empire army you can make selection that are tabletop effective just for fun or giggles and still get away with it. A small unit of Chaos knights can run off ands casue some hurt on a flank, a lone empire cannon can do great things just cause you wanted something to shoot with in your phase. Not so with the dwarfs! Each unit must be a part of a grand united warhammer strategy from inception or it's simply a points sink.

Boring, ...I'll show you boring! I love the dwarfs, and I can't wait to build my army so it can face your Tzeentch demon "fun" army.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:59 pm

Make sure you take ample Daemon Slayers when you do.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:20 pm

A boring army for me is one that I know what the outcome of the game will be before I even fight....besides my obvious tactical genius Very Happy

Anyone say Tzeench deamons..............

Can't wait to see some dwarfs up on this forum, maybe I can get motivated to update my blog.....still finishing up the Orcs!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:21 pm

A boring army for me is one that I know what the outcome of the game will be before I even fight....besides my obvious tactical genius Very Happy

Anyone say Tzeench deamons..............

Can't wait to see some dwarfs up on this forum, maybe I can get motivated to update my blog.....still finishing up the Orcs!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:31 pm

The post so nice, he said it twice! Seriously though, I would never own a Dwarf army, but I have a lot of fun playing against them. You're both trying to win using completely different tactics. Everytime I see an Organ Gun, my cheek twitches and I want to smash it with a hammer. Beasts no-likey the Organ.

Last edited by squalie on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:36 am

Dwarfs were the first army I ever collected, back in those days Organ guns were like having 5 cannons! Plus you could take a bunch of them!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:57 am

Any progress on the stunties there Scott? Or has all your time been spent painting up nurgle?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:01 am

Well just stripping and getting ready for the army challenge. I have been busy trying to get my Nurgle stuff fully painted and a 40k project (gasp!) as well as some Flames of War. But they're there, and I can't wait to crawl back under the mountain with a mug of Bugman's finest!

Aug 1st I'll start plowing away!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top