Company list and rules for 3rd party models

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Company list and rules for 3rd party models

Post  nathanr on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:25 am

Here's a list that I've been batting around for a bit:

British Airborne Armoured Recce Squadron (Fearless Veteran from Overlord)

Company HQ:
Tetrarch CS 1ic
Tetrarch CS 2ic
Tetrarch CS
Captured Sd Kfz 10/5 (2cm)

Combat Platoons:
Airborne Armoured Recce Platoon - 2 Tetrarch, 1 Tetrarch w/ Littlejohn adapter
Airborne Armoured Recce Platoon - 2 Tetrarch, 1 Tetrarch w/ Littlejohn adapter
Airborne Armoured Recce Platoon - 2 Tetrarch, 1 Tetrarch w/ Littlejohn adapter
Airborne Armoured Recce Platoon - 2 Tetrarch, 1 Tetrarch w/ Littlejohn adapter
Airborne Armoured Recce Platoon - 2 Tetrarch, 1 Tetrarch w/ Littlejohn adapter

Support Platoons:
Airlanding Platoon - Cmd Rifle/MG team, PIAT team, Light Mortar team, 5 Rifle/MG team
Airlanding Anti-tank Platoon - Cmd Rifle team, 3 OQF 6 pdr gun (late)
Infantry Field Battery (Confident Veteran) - 2 Cmd Rifle team, Staff team, Observer Rifle team, OP Carrier, 4 OQF 25 pdr gun
Air Support - Priority Air Support Typhoon

It is a mechanized company and is pretty light on the AT. If it comes up against King Tigers it will have to pray that the airplanes or infantry get it done. 18 Tetrarchs will be fun and unexpected but that brings me to my next question. What are the rules in tournament play for non-Battlefront minis? Tetrarchs are expensive. I have a line on some less expensive Tetrarch models but I don't want to break any rules by using them.
avatar
nathanr

Posts : 4983
Join date : 2008-06-10
Age : 36
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Company list and rules for 3rd party models

Post  |marauder| on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:33 pm

nathanr wrote:
It is a mechanized company and is pretty light on the AT.  If it comes up against King Tigers it will have to pray that the airplanes or infantry get it done.  18 Tetrarchs will be fun and unexpected but that brings me to my next question.  What are the rules in tournament play for non-Battlefront minis?  Tetrarchs are expensive.  I have a line on some less expensive Tetrarch models but I don't want to break any rules by using them.
In order for you to participate in a Battlefront Flames of War Sponsored Tournament 51+% of your models need to be from Battlefront. Now that includes your entire army so if all of your 18 Tetrarchs are non Battlefront you just need 19 Battlefront other models to be fine.
Now, you comment that this unit is light on the AT - agreed but this list sends fearful shivers down a PanzerGrenadier player's list!
Also, the Tetrarchs are Recce? In V4 this list will be a monster with the changes to Recce/Spearhead!
avatar
|marauder|

Posts : 725
Join date : 2015-03-21
Age : 43
Location : Regina

View user profile http://facebook.com/groups/fowreginarifles

Back to top Go down

Re: Company list and rules for 3rd party models

Post  nathanr on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:59 pm

They aren't actually recce. They do have cautious movement and disengage but not recce.

I have 6 battlefront tetrarchs and the rest of the company would be battlefront as well. It is just the other 12 tetrarchs that would be 3rd party. The list will deal ok with PanzerIV's and Sherman's but anything bigger will cause problems. Also being mechanized means that I'd be defending half the time, not sure if this is the greatest list for defending. Still, I'm going to give it a go and see how it plays.
avatar
nathanr

Posts : 4983
Join date : 2008-06-10
Age : 36
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Company list and rules for 3rd party models

Post  squalie on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:39 pm

Plastic soldier company is releasing a ton of new kits. Good stuff too!
avatar
squalie

Posts : 4090
Join date : 2008-06-05
Location : Moose Jaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Company list and rules for 3rd party models

Post  |marauder| on Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:22 pm

nathanr wrote:They aren't actually recce.  They do have cautious movement and disengage but not recce.

I have 6 battlefront tetrarchs and the rest of the company would be battlefront as well.  It is just the other 12 tetrarchs that would be 3rd party.
So - you are good to go! Smile
nathanr wrote: The list will deal ok with PanzerIV's and Sherman's but anything bigger will cause problems.
At 1625 you should not face too many big kitties and most people that play them are not veteran players.
nathanr wrote:Also being mechanized means that I'd be defending half the time, not sure if this is the greatest list for defending.  Still, I'm going to give it a go and see how it plays.
Not sure that you will be defending half the time. Maybe but one third of the missions are Fair Fight, another third are Mobile (which you 'accelerate' at) and the Final Third are Defensive in which yes you could be the defender -> but what will hurt you the most are Mobile Reserve scenarios/battles.
avatar
|marauder|

Posts : 725
Join date : 2015-03-21
Age : 43
Location : Regina

View user profile http://facebook.com/groups/fowreginarifles

Back to top Go down

Re: Company list and rules for 3rd party models

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum